hotwire

Basic info

Hello all,

Yes, completely new and unknowing of all things airsoft. I have tried to gain knowledge by reading here and other locations along with youtube vids.

But it’s always good to personally ask questions to help clear my mind’s confusion.

Do all guns have chrono adjustment? (I have a paintball background)

1. Seems like each manufacturer has pros and cons. I understand due to costs.
  2. But how long (say amount of shots) before repairs needed or replacement parts.I know depends on gun type. Answer can be broad statement or per gun category. (pistol, rifle, sniper rifle, etc.)
  3. Learned from my paintball background when buying gear. Buying good gear is always saving money in the future. So from what I’ve read is that there is no perfect name brand but what is one/some that are less likely to have issues per gun category? (pistol, rifle, sniper rifle, etc.)
  4. I see that there are larger bb’s. Assuming certain guns can adapt to these. Assuming sniper rifles. Is there an advantage by doing so? If this is possible would it be better served using a spring type rifle for this? Just to conserve not using gas or battery.
  5. With rifles and sniper rifles. What distances will each basically shoot?
  6. Being in Alabama. Airsoft gi, evite, airsoft megastore, any others I should shop with?
  7. Any other info please pass along to me. “A must have” or “Would be useful” on guns.

thanks for any and all advice.

Edited by hotwire

Guest alberty

0. Most airsoft replicas do not have an external velocity adjustment feature. The common AEG platform can have the spring changed to a different strength to meet different field limits if needed, and there's a few other methods available. Other platforms that are not AEGs have options as well, such as HPA platforms in which you will adjust your regulator on your remote line.

However, the demand for easy change is growing, so more AEG makers are releasing models with such features. For example:

- Quick change split gearbox or cylinder such as ICS M4, Systema PTW, WE Katana
- Quick change spring guide removal (such as ARES, Krytac, APS)
- Spring tension adjustment (such as ICS L85 series and G&G F2000)

2. There's too many factors to make an accurate estimate, factors vary depending on what you buy, what you use with it, and etc.

4. There are not larger BBs except for the uncommon 8mm size BB. All other replicas use 6mm type. What you may have it confused for is different weights. The heavier weight of BBs are better for groupings and fighting air effects, but then need a higher velocity from the gun to go as far as desired.