HowAboutThis

AEG ak doesn't fire full auto but will fire semi auto

I recently got a JG EBB 1020 (box name is as74u)

It shoots completely fine but when I select it on full auto and hold the trigger it only shoots as if it was in semi automatic mode and when I put it in semi automatic mode it performs how its supposed to.

It wont shoot fully automatic in the selected fully automatic mode.

When I flick the selector switch around I can put it into safety and switch it directly into fully automatic mode and hold the trigger and it will (sometimes) shoot fully automatic like its supposed to but when I let off the trigger and try and hold it down again it will only shoot one and it will continue to only shoot one.

Its not the batteries ive used 2 different stick type batteries that are compatible with the gun (only stick type batteries are compatible with the gun anyway)

Any thoughts? It doesnt look like an electrical problem but I don't know exactly but then again mechanically everything sounds and performs fine except the fully automatic mode. Even when it does shoot fully automatic it sounds and shoots perfectly.

Im not a nube to airsoft but im kind of a nube to the technician side of airsoft.

I need help please, thank you

Has it done this ever since you got it new out of the box? If so I would take it back for warranty otherwise tinkering with it will void your warranty. Again, my hunch is that the selector plate is not fully engaging the cutoff lever to make it in full auto but you were able to do so after switching it back to safety tells me either the selector plate or cutoff lever was out of position. Its easy to see if their working once you have your gearbox out but at this point you should just return it for a new one since you just got it.

Well you will have to at least take the gearbox out and inspect your selector arm/plate. Its located on the outside of the gearbox.

Unfortunately, the best time to learn is when something go wrong. You'll slowly start learning how every component works that way. I remember one time I had to take my gearbox apart 7 times all on one day. It was frustrating but it was a good learning experience.

I recently got a JG EBB 1020 (box name is as74u)

It shoots completely fine but when I select it on full auto and hold the trigger it only shoots as if it was in semi automatic mode and when I put it in semi automatic mode it performs how its supposed to.

It wont shoot fully automatic in the selected fully automatic mode.

When I flick the selector switch around I can put it into safety and switch it directly into fully automatic mode and hold the trigger and it will (sometimes) shoot fully automatic like its supposed to but when I let off the trigger and try and hold it down again it will only shoot one and it will continue to only shoot one.

Its not the batteries ive used 2 different stick type batteries that are compatible with the gun (only stick type batteries are compatible with the gun anyway)

Any thoughts? It doesnt look like an electrical problem but I don't know exactly but then again mechanically everything sounds and performs fine except the fully automatic mode. Even when it does shoot fully automatic it sounds and shoots perfectly.

Im not a nube to airsoft but im kind of a nube to the technician side of airsoft.

I need help please, thank you

Gearbox problem, if you have a warranty DO NOT touch anything, go to the store and claim a new one because you got a defect...

Guest alberty

1. I know the other users here mentioned that you may need to check the alignment of your selector lever gears on the outside of the gearbox. However, there is one more possibility, what you described is a common problem that I have seen in many AKs.

Due to the differences in manufacturing tolerances all brands and parts, sometimes the external selector lever and the notches for each fire select mode just don't line up perfectly with the selector lever gears on the outside of the gearbox.

So even in my expensive VFC AK model, it did that. If I moved from Safe all the way down to Semi, I can shoot Semi. Then if I moved up to Full-Auto, it would act as if still in Semi-Auto. Then, if I went back up to Safe, and back down to Full-Auto, then it engages Full-Auto correctly.

What it seems is that when all the way at the bottom to semi-auto, going back up to full-auto it just misses the position by a little bit.

2. If you still decide to take out your gearbox to see if the pieces are lined up correctly, don't forget to check both sides. There's the corresponding selector plate on the other side of the outside of the gearbox as well.

Guest alberty

so if I were to open it up what pieces would I have to align correctly? it doesn't sound to hard but I could easily be mistaken

I still don't recommend you open it if it's new and a store may give you an exchange, but basically search for an image of a V3 AK gearbox and that's the standard to go by.