Sign in to follow this  
FlamingLizardGaming

Upgrading A G&G Combat Machine

I just got a G&G combat machine and I would like to upgrade it. My budget is 100$. I play at an indoor cqb field and I already have 370 fps so I do not need to upgrade my spring, but I would like a slightly higher rof. (without buying many high speed parts)

BTW, I usually go to a semi/burst only field.

Here are the parts I have been looking at:

Lonex A1

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=745_31_50&products_id=12468

16:1 gear set

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=745_31_49&products_id=14821

Piston

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=12409

Mosfet

http://www.evike.com/products/49578/

Can I please have some advise on taking apart my gun/putting it back together? This is my baby and do not want it to break. Thanks!

P.S. What size bushings does my gun take? I'm pretty sure 8mm but I don't know.

Edited by FlamingLizardGaming

The easiest step on increasing ROF is upgrading your battery to 9.6v if you haven't done so. For further increase upgrade your battery to 11.1v lipo but then it will increase wear and tear as well. Upgrading your motor will be next. Check this thread...http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/guide-highly-increasing-rate-fire-aegs-87858/

Thank you. I already have upgraded to a 9.6, but I want to keep this gun for years so I will not be upgrading to any serious lipo. I know that I should upgrade my motor, but will I need anything else? I know that usually upgrading one part means upgrading many, so I want to be ready.

Lonex motors are highly overrated and very overpriced compared to performance, an SHS motor is cheaper and better. Upgrading to an SHS high torque will increase the ROF over the stock motor even without changing the gear ratio.Those lance tactical gears are SHS gears at pretty much twice the normal price. Lonex pistons are like their motors, expensive and not particularly good, it'll barely be an upgrade over the stock piston, I'd go SHS here as well. Your gun most likely has plastic or brass bushings, I highly recommend replacing these with smooth steel bushings, Element bushings are cheap and durable.

You should consider buying parts from Brill Armory or Clandestine Airsoft instead, they're cheaper and have everything you need. I haven't used Clandestine, but I have used Brill and I'm very pleased with them.

• Upvote 1

Lonex motors are highly overrated and very overpriced compared to performance, an SHS motor is cheaper and better. Upgrading to an SHS high torque will increase the ROF over the stock motor even without changing the gear ratio.Those lance tactical gears are SHS gears at pretty much twice the normal price. Lonex pistons are like their motors, expensive and not particularly good, it'll barely be an upgrade over the stock piston, I'd go SHS here as well. Your gun most likely has plastic or brass bushings, I highly recommend replacing these with smooth steel bushings, Element bushings are cheap and durable.

You should consider buying parts from Brill Armory or Clandestine Airsoft instead, they're cheaper and have everything you need. I haven't used Clandestine, but I have used Brill and I'm very pleased with them.

Thank you for the advise. I am new to the internals of 'soft guns so your post was very informative.

I generally use Lonex for air seal parts, their POM head is excellent and their hop-up buckings are also very good, but their drivetrain parts (gears, pistons etc.) are so-so. SHS dirvetrain parts are pretty durable, their later generations of gears have held up extremely well in my AEG's, and I'm also very pleased with their 15T pistons. I've found SHS air seal parts to be a bit more crude than Lonex, but they are still good. SHS motors are kinda inconsistent, when they're good they are very good, when they're not good they're poo. Guarder also have some good bits, I'm very pleased with my Guarder infinite torque up motor, they have good quality springs, and their air seal parts are also good.

Guest alberty

I noticed that you've posted asking for advice on how to take apart the gun and put it back together, and that you don't want it to break as it's your "baby". If you have unfamiliar with tech work on AEGs, it is advisable to review the basics first before getting deeper into the upgrading routes.

If this is your only gun, you may want to make sure you have a backup option in case you get stuck somewhere during the upgrade process.

For your parts list, the use of a high speed gear set and high torque motor is appropriate for getting better semi-auto and full-auto cycle.

But I wanted to ask, what are you looking to get the Lonex piston for?

Also, you linked to the Burst Wizard device which does not give you the trigger contact-saving MOSFET functions you typically seek if you use it as-is as a plug-in device. If you want that, you will need to have the MOSFET wired into your system with a third cable (usually included) and some soldering work.

• Upvote 1

Okay, after dissembling and assembling my AEG 3 times in a row, I think I got the hand of the simple stuff.

Anyway, I am changing everything there. I want to get a SHS Piston 15T, a Matrix Magnum 3000 Hi-Torque motor, M113 spring, and a spring guide with ball bearings. Also a 16:1 SHS gear set. Do those sound good?