to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
rjeffery14

Building the Ultimate AK AEG

Hey guys, I'm trying to build a god tier AK. Unfortunately I suck at tech work, don't have many tools at my disposal and anything I ever try indepth on airsoft gearboxes is always an expensive disaster. Anyways I want to build the ultimate AK for field play and hopefully future ops. Here is my current build list, all from Airsoft GI: E&L AK-105 (my ideal AK, have owned 74Ms and a 74u, want something in between, already have multiple AK scope mounts, mags ect) $320 Madbull Ver. 2 Precision AEG Inner Barrel for M4 (363mm) $30 Airsoft GI Field Durability Upgrade Package $160 R-Hop Installation Service $60 Lonex A1 Infinite Torque-Up & High Speed Motor (Short) $55

Please critique, recommend and suggest edits to this setup!

post-92544-0-20375900-1456199753_thumb.png

Not to be mean, but this will be far from the ultimate AK AEG, you can find significantly better parts on the market. I don't know exactly how competent techs AirsoftGI have, but you can most likely get better tech work done by a freelance tech. The main reason is time, the techs at AirsoftGI can't spend too much time on each build because time is expensive. I don't necessarily mean this in a negative way, it's just how it is, when you run a business, time is money.

Edited by Lefse

Stop. You truly do not know what an E&L brings to the table.

You don't need to upgrade an E&L. Most stock parts of an E&L is BETTER than any cheap part from unknown "upgrade" kits.

Do not R-Hop it either...have them put in a Maple Leaf 70 Degree Packing and nub, shoot Good .28g bbs and your done. R-Hopping is excessive for you for it will limit your bb range and you don't seem to be set on shooting one bb forever.

I have put in mid-bore barrels and Maple Leafed my E&L and I get 90+ yards easy with .28g bbs on a 363mm barrel.

Stop. You truly do not know what an E&L brings to the table.

You don't need to upgrade an E&L. Most stock parts of an E&L is BETTER than any cheap part from unknown "upgrade" kits.

Do not R-Hop it either...have them put in a Maple Leaf 70 Degree Packing and nub, shoot Good .28g bbs and your done. R-Hopping is excessive for you for it will limit your bb range and you don't seem to be set on shooting one bb forever.

I have put in mid-bore barrels and Maple Leafed my E&L and I get 90+ yards easy with .28g bbs on a 363mm barrel.

What barrel would you recommend and would you say to still get the motor? Also, will a stock E&L handle an 11.1 lipo fine?

In your case the stock one is just fine.

Being that it is an E&L it is an ultimate AK in durability. If you can't hit what your aiming at with a 15 rps AEG...a 11.1V is not going to help you.

Play with E&L 10 times using a good battery BEFORE you even attempt to upgrade an AEG that needs no upgrades.

This is an >E&L< don't mess with it...

In your case the stock one is just fine.

Being that it is an E&L it is an ultimate AK in durability. If you can't hit what your aiming at with a 15 rps AEG...a 11.1V is not going to help you.

Play with E&L 10 times using a good battery BEFORE you even attempt to upgrade an AEG that needs no upgrades.

This is an >E&L< don't mess with it...

I was more interested in the high torque motor as an easy way to increase trigger response. Would it at least be smart to get a higher end 6.03 tightbore to go with a new bucking?

Honestly...have you tried an E&L?

By throwing all these upgrades in before even trying is showing that you really don't know what you are getting.

At this point in time the only upgrade you need now is Skill and Experience.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Would you replace the engine in a Toyota with a Honda engine? It would be pretty much equally good and would be a waste of money. In higher end AEG's you don't necessarily need to replace parts depending on the performance you want. In many cases a simple overhaul of the gearbox is enough as the factory shimming and such is often mediocre even in high end AEG's. It's also wise to use the gun for a while to determine what you actually need to upgrade. When I upgraded my G&G M4 I kept a significant portion of the stock parts, I didn't touch the stock barrel and hop-up.

Guges Mk3 is simply trying to help you do things in a more cost efficient way, no point in wasting money.

Cuz then you think that you don't need tactics that much because you have an upgraded gun. Also get used to the system before you put all this money into it.

I've been playing at a field for 2+ years and running AKs for at least 4 years, I'm not some noob looking to make a bullethose with mom's money

If you want to toss around your Airsoft history, let me type you mine. I have been in the Airsoft industry since the 20th Century, I talked and had dinner with the HK E&L factory liaison last night...want to second guess me any more?

Only thing you "need in" the E&L is a 60 degree Maple Leaf Packing and Nub - $15.00

Then go use that thing to flank and destroy people...of couse use high grade .28g bbs also.

Guest alberty

Isn't 60 degree for less than 350 fps or something?

Usually you use lower degree ones for lower FPS builds, but your individual results may vary. They have different characteristics.

Edited by alberty

Nothing is scripted in Airsoft...all things are guidelines in a "system" that is your AEG.

I like coarser bbs and soft packings to allow minimal contact between hop-up nub and bb to pick up a good spin. This allows for a slightly higher FPS level, yet maintaining accuracy.