Hey guys, right when I started airsoft I bought a crappy 20$ empire paintball mask. It is extremely unconfortable, hot, bulky, and all around a POS. Recently I have been looking at either a Dye i4 or a Sly Profit mask. I really like the look of the dye and I have played with them once before and they are amazing, but all the reviews say it doesn't protect your chin or neck at all. The Sly Profit, however, looks a bit ugly, but is only 80$ instead of 110-150 and I really like the double strap so it will stay on my face. I also like how it will protect my chin and more of my head. Another thing, my cheeks get red as hell when I'm playing and I hate it so I want the mask to be as cool as possible and for the goggles to be tinted. Any advice?

P.S. I didn't find any place to post head/eye protection, and this said that you can post if you don't know what to spend your money on so I posted it here.

Edited by FlamingLizardGaming

Guest alberty

The Dye i4 may not fully cover your chin because it is very slim as it helps keep low profile for speedball players. Your individual results will vary depending on your individual face/head; for some people, it does cover those areas fine.

The Dye i4 does not cover your neck...but neither does 99% of any other fullface mask out there. They're designed around fitting and cover your head, and not your neck. If there's a neckguard installed, you cannot easily tilt your head to look down.

You are correct that the Sly Profit's skirt is overall large and can cover more of your lower head area. However, if you hate being hot, then be aware that the Sly Profit has soft ear covers inside, which can make you feel hotter quicker.

Also, with lower profile, such as the Dye i4, that means more ventilation.

Edited by alberty

Guest alberty

Thanks. It sounds like dye i4 it is.

If you have the chance, try on someone's mask before making the investment since it's $100 range.

If the Dye i4 doesn't cover the bottoms of your cheeks, then you may be more comfortable with the Sly Profit and may get used to the soft ear covers..

I forgot, Sly Profit also has the same soft material on their inner foam too. I think it's comfy, but warm.

dye i4 all the way?...lol

it really doesn't matter if you protects your chin..this ain't paintball..and I don't think I have seen any masks that covers your neck anyway..

the most important are your eyes and teeth..

wear a shemagh and you will be fine...I don't even wear one...

but dye i4 still sorta hinders the ADS, it's still a bit awkward for me to aim on a m4...