to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Sobo

Code Red Headsets are rebrand of company on Amazon

Look for Kenmax on Amazon and their speaker microphones ($20), now look at the code red headsets signal 21-K speaker microphones($49), now remove the code red headset fancy label on top. I have the kenmax one and a guy on my team has the code red one, they are identical to the last detail, sure we can look at serial nos and find out more but for now, please save your money and stay away from rebranded products which invest heavily in marketing and zero in the product itself. The more you know.

Someone make a thread on rebranded parts and accessories? So we can all benefit from buying direct from the source... Someone's got to know who makes what and where it all comes from.

Edited by jamesnater

The problem with that is that usually the OEM's don't distribute directly. As far as the headsets go- I'm not convinced. Years ago I had a headset that looked identical to a lot of people in the area. Mine cost twice as much. What I got for my money was something that did a MUCH better job of canceling out background noise and making me not sound like Christian Bale on helium. I'm not saying Code Red isn't a re-brander- just that without something that directly traces the same product they sell to the same OEM manufacturer as the product on Amazon there is no proof of the claim.

EDIT: I now have a cheap Z-TAC headset because it's cheap, good enough and I can't justify spending more when I hardly ever get to play.

Edited by WeeGee
  • Upvote 1

I don't think Code Red is a rebrand. First of all, if they were copying someone else, their products would have similar prices. And from what I read on their website, they develop their own products.

Plus, if it was a rebrand, I don't think Airsoftology would rename one of their trademarks as "Code Read Headsets Video of the Week".