to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Ikilljoy

Any love for the AUG?

I fairly recently purchased my first Airsoft gun. Its a Used Steyr AUG made by Jing Gong. Regardless of the facts that it has little aftermarket support and my particular one has a plethora of issues ranging from missing and worn out parts to physical damage, I love it for its seeming obscurity and uniqueness on the field. Most everyone had some form of an AK or AR, but I had an AUG. Right now I am sourcing parts and drawing diagrams so that I can, in the near future, make a 'slap on barrel sleeve' to make it look like an HBAR and use hi caps as a support weapon. From my understanding no one takes the now discontinued HBAR that was made by JG seriously, so mine should be even more unique when I run it with the 'HBAR sleeve' I am going to make for it.

Anyway, I love my little AUG. Was wondering if anyone else really likes the platform and what mods or tips you more experienced AUG users may have.

Pic is from right after I painted it.

IMG_20160210_174441500_zpszflomg0m.jpg

Edited by Ikilljoy

That is good to know. I will take it under consideration, but alas, that price is a bit rich for my blood. If nothing else, this will make a good fall-back option.

I'm right there with you. I love my Tokyo Marui Steyr AUG. That I bought like..... 7 years ago lol. I've used it heavily for maybe a few days of play but unfortunately... less people played in my area and I just fell out of the sport. I'm actually on this site seeing how much people sell the gun at because I might consider selling mine since the area I'm at seems to be very inactive in the airsoft scene.

I have an used AUG A1 from Jing Gong too. I traded it for my A&K SVD spring. Mine also has a lot pf problems, like piston teeth broken, twisted inner barrel etc. But on the outside it's all OK. I'm pretty happy with it myself. I installed a bore-up kit and trying to push the limit for assault role.

Guest jroble95

my only love for it is that its one of the best or the best bullpup currently as tavors suck áss irl lol. theres a reason why Israel favors the galil over it, I honestly don't know why as ive watched a video on how much better the aug is but I completely forgot all the points. I do think it had to do with reliability, usability, design choice and just plain accuracy but that's as far as I know.

Edited by jroble95