Sign in to follow this  
Ikilljoy

Anyone do mag modifications?

I'm not asking anyone to do anything for me, and I am a month or two away from doing this mod if I go through with it, but I was wondering what others' impression on this C mag mod may be.

Not that I don't trust your answer, I the video the guy makes since with his logic. But he also promises to fix the mag, he bought it broken, and show it firing. I have not found that video and it made me wonder, hence the post. I am just wondering, though, what the technical reasons are for your hypothesis. Are they just uncomfortable due to the placement of the mag, do they have feeding issues, is it incredulously difficult to get it right?

how the hell do you use a bullpup with a c-mag? lol. I mean, physically, how do you hold it? I cant even imagine getting my hand to the grip to pull the trigger.

I build a mod mount for my BAR and it was a pain, but it works well. The real trick to doing the mod is to make sure that everything lines up. I had a bunch of broken M4 hicap mags lying around to cannibalize and I ended up cutting up two of my my BAR mag bodies to get it perfect. I went through three (?) M4 internals to get everything the right length and then put bolts through the BAR mag body to keep it all tight,

I didn't want to cut up an existing mount, though in hindsight that might have been the way to go but not really sure