Psycho Evangelion

M700 Aics (awp, L96, Etc)

I'm really looking to get an L96 looking gun, and I don't really want to spend money on a spring rifle, so I've been eyeing the tanaka M700 AICS for a while. Does anyone know of any reviews on this gun at all? I'm very curious as to how it performs, and would really appreciate the info. Thanks.

I know! I wish I could help but I am in the same boat. As soon as my tax refund comes in that thing is as good as mine. I'm getting the AICS 96, Maruzen 96 bipod and flash suppressor type 2, and a Guarder NB-27 scope. That rig should be hardcore. Go to Intruder Shop to check out the scope and you will see some nice pics of what my rig will look like. Just substitute in the AICS instead of the Maruzen rifle. No matter what happens I am getting it so I will let you know all about it. I hope to have it in the next month or so depending on how long it takes to get me refund. I can tell you about the rifle and whether or not the Maruzen parts fit the Tanaka rifle.

I have yet to find any hard data about this rifle. Maybe I'll be the first to review it in the US. So far all I have heard is that it is heavy.

I know! I wish I could help but I am in the same boat. As soon as my tax refund comes in that thing is as good as mine. I'm getting the AICS 96, Maruzen 96 bipod and flash suppressor type 2, and a Guarder NB-27 scope. That rig should be hardcore. Go to Intruder Shop to check out the scope and you will see some nice pics of what my rig will look like. Just substitute in the AICS instead of the Maruzen rifle. No matter what happens I am getting it so I will let you know all about it. I hope to have it in the next month or so depending on how long it takes to get me refund. I can tell you about the rifle and whether or not the Maruzen parts fit the Tanaka rifle.

I have yet to find any hard data about this rifle. Maybe I'll be the first to review it in the US. So far all I have heard is that it is heavy.

does the rifle look anything like this by any chance?

g12.jpg

Guest CaptainPlastic

I only have the word of someone I know that owns one, and he said that it was uninspiring at the moment, but that everything was still tight, and that the performance may improve when the parts were fully bedded in.

:a-salute:

does the rifle look anything like this by any chance?

g12.jpg

It looks similar to the second one down. That is the Type 96 (not the M700 AICS) that Maruzen makes with the L96 Type 2 Flash Suppressor. They are very similar with the exception that the Maruzen version has no visible magazine like a normal Type 96 or the M700 AICS from Tanaka. The Maruzen also comes in a Dark Grey color while the Tanaka comes in standard Type 96 OD Green. The maruzen is a very accomplished rifle by most accounts but people seem to think the Tanaka version will be better from its M700 heritage. Who knows. I just hope the Flash Suppressor and Ball Joint bipod (not shown) from Maruzen fit.

P1010398.jpg

heres a sweet pic

heres a sweet pic

Hey...looks like someone owns one of those bad boys! Is that yours? Its killing me waiting to get one. I found out today that the Maruzen Tybe B Flash Suppressor will fit on the Tanaka version. Welll...sort of...Guarder makes a version of that flash suppressor that will fit any 14mm CCW adapter. So as long as I can figure out which silencer adapter will fit the AICS version I should be good to go. I've decided on making the Maruzen bipod fit no matter what. I'll super glue that sucker on there. I just like its clean lines and form factor more than the others. I saw a pic of an APS2 bipod adapter that looks just like the M700 so I'll probably be cool on that front too.

I got to play with one at precision airsoft, and I was pretty dissapointed with the build of the stock. it had alot of gaps were the 2 halfs meet and alot of sharp edges, even tho the reciver is shaped like the real A.I. L96 it still has the M700 markings on it. another thing I noticed was that the outer barrel was not tapered like the real steel which is weird because even my Tanaka M40A1 has a tapered barrel so I would think Tanaka would of got on there case about that. it is a heavy rifle so it might have the aluminum inner frame like the real steel or thay may of just added weigh via something else... but IMO I would pay the high price tag for the thing.

Cool..I was actually worried that it had a tapered barrel. In some of the pictures it looks like does. I think I sniper rifle should look and be all big and beefy. Something about a tapered barrel just seems to take away from the scare factor of the gun.

That sucks to hear about the edges. I still can't resist...I need to have it and I'm jonesing for a knew sniper rifle. I don't see any other 96 that peaks my interest except for the Asahi version. If I'm going to spend that much money on a gun its going to be an M82A1!

Hey...looks like someone owns one of those bad boys! Is that yours?

I wish

Can I get an AMEN!

My Tanaka M700 AICS is ordered from UN Company and on its way baby! Well..not on its way yet but I got the confirmation email letting me know everything is in stock with a shipping price and I sent them payment through PayPal. I feel like its Christmas Eve! I could resist dropping a note about it in an earlier post. Expect a review soon. I also bought the Maruzen bipod and the Type 96 Flash Suppressor. I'll be able to answer those fit questions. Another issue I am worried about but haven't mentioned yet is the screw on the front of the scope mount rail. It looks like it may prevent you from putting rings there but I'm not sure. Since most of the rail is cut out there I can't imagine they would design the screw to get in the way of any mounts. Who knows...I'll answer that too. This will be my first gas powered rifle so I am reall anxious to see if it can hang with my G-Spec and my PSG-1. I'm hoping it will give them a spanking even though I love them. At the very least I bet it will be the most silent....and that's a good thing.

the screw is the hop adjustment, just like the rest of the Tanaka M700/M24 series rifles, its not a prob BUT you cant use super low scope rings other wise you wont be able to adjust your hop.

That kind of sucks...I bought the King Arms low mounts thinking I would be able to use my King Arms riser mount if I needed to. Looks like that probably wouldn't fit either. Those QD rings are pricey too man...I wish I would have known that before I ordered everything but I couldn't resist jumping the gun...I was afraid the gun might go out of stock like the Maruzen version does quite often.

I was wondering if any of you know.

Do all tanaka gas rifles have an adjustment for gas that lets you control the fps? The rifle I'm buying is an M24, but I want to make sure that it has the adjustable fps and can shoot the 550 or so that I expect it to shoot. If not, there's no reason for me to buy it. Thanks guys.

I was wondering if any of you know.

Do all tanaka gas rifles have an adjustment for gas that lets you control the fps? The rifle I'm buying is an M24, but I want to make sure that it has the adjustable fps and can shoot the 550 or so that I expect it to shoot. If not, there's no reason for me to buy it. Thanks guys.

I don't know about the model you are buying but I know that not all Tanaka models have the FPS adjustment option. A good site like RedWolf should have it listed in the description. It is called the Power Control System or something like that. If it has that listed, I know the AICS does, it has the ability to adjust the FPS.

I don't know about the model you are buying but I know that not all Tanaka models have the FPS adjustment option. A good site like RedWolf should have it listed in the description. It is called the Power Control System or something like that. If it has that listed, I know the AICS does, it has the ability to adjust the FPS.

it's the older version of the M24, the one with the magazine sticking out. I think it's still called the M24 SWS.

this is it:

TW-M24-L.jpg

Product Brand Tanaka

Product Code TW-M24SWS Hop-Up ADJUSTABLE

Weight 3,600 g Length 1110.0 mm

Capacity 10 rds Power 420.0 fps

Power Source HFC134, HFC22 Blowback NO

Shooting Mode Single

Price (USD) $410.00

Out of Stock

Tanaka M24 SWS

The M24 SWS (Sniper Weapon System) was developed from the Remington 700 action to replace the M21 in the U.S. Army inventory. Used commonly by police forces around the world, the M24 is chambered for the 7.62x51mm NATO (.308 win) round. It has a composite stock made of Kevlar, graphite, and fiberglass, with an adjustable buttplate. A detachable Harris bipod can be attached to the fore-end.

This Tanaka M24 is a highly faithful reproduction of this famous sniper rifle. Very high quality construction with powerful gas powered system delivering over 360fps and 420fps using HFC22 TOP Gas. Adjustable stock with additional front sling mount for bipod installation. Very realistic finishing and fun to shoot. The rifle is very solid and heavy with no shakes or rattles. Bolt action is light and precise, with decently weighted trigger system. Gas is charged into the removable full metal magazine.

I found this while surfing for info on the Tanak AICS.

http://www.airsoftcore.com/postp318739.html

It is an okay review on the Tanaka M700 AICS. It doesn't answer alot of the questions we have but it gives you some good info on the specs and some of the ins and outs of the rifle. I was a little disheartened by the mentioning of the lack of packing quality and the fit of the stock. Hopefully that was a unique occurence and it isn't the norm. The idea of my rifle banging around in a box during the long shipping trip doesn't sound good!

P1000574.jpg

that looks like a tapered barrel to me.... but maybe im wrong.

I will wait till they fix the bugs and things with it untill I purchase it.

that looks like a tapered barrel to me.... but maybe im wrong.

I will wait till they fix the bugs and things with it untill I purchase it.

That's weird...I've seen other pics where the barrel doesn't look tapered. I've read a review that said it wasn't tapered too. That pic though...no doubt that it tapered. Hopefully it won't look too bad with a silencer or the Type B Flash Suppressor. Still dying to get mine. It arrived in LA yesterday so I'm hoping to have it by Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest. I'm pretty bummed though. I took my TM G26 Adavanced out this morning and it was totally useless. The cold killed it. It made a fart noise, the BB rolled out, then all the gas leaked out. I'm guessing the Pegasus will do the same thing in the cold.

oh yeah, I know exactly what your talking about, here in michian gas guns are usless for 3/4ths the year... this is why my team plays at a CQB swat training facility.

Edited by livoniairsoft

That's weird...I've seen other pics where the barrel doesn't look tapered. I've read a review that said it wasn't tapered too. That pic though...no doubt that it tapered. Hopefully it won't look too bad with a silencer or the Type B Flash Suppressor. Still dying to get mine. It arrived in LA yesterday so I'm hoping to have it by Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest. I'm pretty bummed though. I took my TM G26 Adavanced out this morning and it was totally useless. The cold killed it. It made a fart noise, the BB rolled out, then all the gas leaked out. I'm guessing the Pegasus will do the same thing in the cold.

How cold was it outside?

Gas rifles is usually more resistant to cold weather than most GBB pistols.

How cold was it outside?

Gas rifles is usually more resistant to cold weather than most GBB pistols.

It was pretty darn cold. It was around 8:30AM when I got out of my car and my outside temp guage was reading 18 degrees. I tried to shoot the pistol less than an hour after that. I had been outside for about a half hour at that point. We were all freezing. I was shocked the pist ol did that. I was expecting that it just wouldn't be able to shoot as many rounds or something...not a complete failure like that.

It was pretty darn cold. It was around 8:30AM when I got out of my car and my outside temp guage was reading 18 degrees. I tried to shoot the pistol less than an hour after that. I had been outside for about a half hour at that point. We were all freezing. I was shocked the pist ol did that. I was expecting that it just wouldn't be able to shoot as many rounds or something...not a complete failure like that.

man that sucks. I played in the rain on saturday and it was probably around 40 degrees. Heard lots of gas leakage that day hahaa. Hopefully my rifle will be up to for that sort of weather.

She's here boys! She's finally here! Walked outside to go to dinner and saw a big package sitting on my porch. TNT left it outside...they must have been in a hurry or something since I usually have to sign for pretty much anything airsoft that I get. I'm too giddy to do any real review with it. I'll have it up in a few days though. I want to wait and get my silencer adapter and the Type 96 Flash Suppressor installed before I take any pics. I've never worked on this type of gun soI\ I'm not sure how hard getting to the inner barrel and breaking it down will be. First thoughts are...my /THOU SHALT NOT USE MY NAME IN VAIN/ this thing is beautiful. The earlier review was right about the seams but its not a big deal. You can only see them up close...real close. I would be willing to bet the real deal would be similar. To answer a few of the questions floating around...looks like no original Maruzen will fit this gun...looks like M700 only. I tried a few. The Maruzen flash suppressors do not fit...you need to go with the Tanaka adapter with the Guarder suppressors. The Maruzen Type 96 bipod does not fit either. Its really really close. With the AICS original bipod adapter the front end is about 1mm too short to reach the catch on the Maruzen bipod. Oddly enough the same goes for the Maruzen adapter when you try and put it into the AICS bipod socket. With a little work I'm sure you can work something up to get either to fit. I am going with the Maruzen original and gluing the adapter pin inside the AICS. It is so beefy that I can't see that thing ever breaking so I figure worst case scenario if the bipod breaks and in the unlikely event that I can't buy another one I just have a nice bipod adapter pin sticking out of the front of the stock. No big deal...just go with an aftermarket bipod. The barrel is tapered and a little shorter than I expected. I think I have to add a longer barrel. My Leapers NB-27 is a frickin monster on this thing. It is beautiful on the Maruzen but with the AICS barrel it makes the scope look a little too big for the rifle. I'm hoping the Flash Suppressor will help. A suppressor such as the Light Weight Series from KA would really do the trick but I want the Accuracy International Flash Suppressor. In any event the combo makes for one vicious looking sniper weapon. It looks like the ultimate in long range destruction....sweeeeet.

Another one of those questions floating around I forgot to answer. The Tanaka long mags for the M700 Police and M24 SWS are identical to the AICS. They're a perfect fit and real frackin expensive. I'll go broke buying mags for the AICS man! Three of those puppies will cost as much as that new M7A1 from Marui with a battery and a charger.

Edited by Southern Cross

if you need 3 hi-cap mags for the rifle I would suggest selling it and getting a full auto aeg...

Hi-Caps...27 rounds is hardly a hi-cap. Its lower than pretty much any standard rifle mag. Anyway...I'm more concerned about their ability to hold gas. I'd rather have three-four mags full of gas and keep them in my vest instead of running the risk of having to carry a can of gas and filling up during a skirmish.

oh lord. Those gas mags are supremely expensive. Let's see pics of it soon! I want to see this thing! :)

I know...I'm working on it. I don't want to take pics of it until I'm done with everything. The only thing left to do is install the silencer adapter and the Type B Flash Suppressor. The gun just doesn't look right with the stock barrel...it needs some length because of my scope. Everything else is done though. I finally finished attaching the Maruzen bipod. That was a serious chore. I went to work on the post with a grinder. Took what seemed like weeks but I got it done. I grinded it just right so that it fits just like the AICS bipod adapter. Don't waster your time if you go this route though. Just glue weld the post in the gun. It will save you time and headache. The only thing you lose by gluing it is the QD for the post and who cares about that...there's a QD on the Maruzen bipod so you're good to go. I hope to have everything done tonight and get some pics tomorrow. I'll post my pics up first and then do a review....so look for them tomorrow night. One thing that's certain to go in the review...this thing is whisper quiet...whis-per. The only thing you hear when you shoot it is the click of the trigger and then the hit on the target.

I know...I'm working on it. I don't want to take pics of it until I'm done with everything. The only thing left to do is install the silencer adapter and the Type B Flash Suppressor. The gun just doesn't look right with the stock barrel...it needs some length because of my scope. Everything else is done though. I finally finished attaching the Maruzen bipod. That was a serious chore. I went to work on the post with a grinder. Took what seemed like weeks but I got it done. I grinded it just right so that it fits just like the AICS bipod adapter. Don't waster your time if you go this route though. Just glue weld the post in the gun. It will save you time and headache. The only thing you lose by gluing it is the QD for the post and who cares about that...there's a QD on the Maruzen bipod so you're good to go. I hope to have everything done tonight and get some pics tomorrow. I'll post my pics up first and then do a review....so look for them tomorrow night. One thing that's certain to go in the review...this thing is whisper quiet...whis-per. The only thing you hear when you shoot it is the click of the trigger and then the hit on the target.

and the scream of your victim "AHH what the!? HIT!" ;)

and the scream of your victim "AHH what the!? HIT!" ;)

EHEHHEHEEEHEHEHEE...I'm bummed now though man. I finally sat down to get this silencer adapter installed and started rockin my AICS. Took me about an hour to fashion something to pop the barrel capper that was in there out. It was pretty easy to break it apart...the outer barrel seemed like it wasn't attached to well but when everything was screwed down it was okay. I was saving the adapter for last since I already had the suppressor on it and I wanted it to be in the right place. Everything was back together and ready...I got to put the adapter in and the frackin thing doesn't fit...I could kill UN Company. I ordered everything from them and I asked specifically about the adapter I purchased and whether or not it would fit...they responded with a yes so I thought I was good to go. Fools. I don't know what to do now. I sent them message asking what the heck I should do. It looks like all of the other adapters are the same except the police adapter. It looks like it doesn't have a lip, just like the stock AICS capper, so it may fit. Any of you guys know anything about them. Here is a pic of the adapters at UN Company...there pretty much all that are available. The first one is the one I bought and the last one is the police adapter.

ka-ad-m700-01_big.jpg

ff-adapter-tanaka-m700_big.jpg

ka-ad-m700-01_big.jpg

km-tnsam70_big.jpg

I know its tough to tell if you don't have all these adapters and the AICS bought I figured someone may have had a similar problem. The manual is the same as the M700 manual. It just has an AICS sheet stuffed in the middle. It snot making sense to me...AAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Three of them are almost identical...the First factory and the Two King Arms...the only difference being the thread direction. I think they might even use the same picture for those. The only one that is different is the Police version. I ordered that one from Dentrinity yesterday and I'll tryi it out when it comes. If that one doesn't fit I'm SOL. I'll have to wait for a good one to come out or have one machined somehow. The cool thing about ordering the Police one from Den was that they just came out with a tightbore so I as able to throw that in with the order. This gun is going to be righteous when I'm done with it. I was going to call it Arctic Hammer...keepin in line with all of my sniper rifles having the Hammer appendage in the name and the Arctic from the real Accuracy International...but...I think this baby is going to require something with a little more power...something divine....that is if I can ever get this adapter thing straightened out.