Malik

Facebook Community Airsoft Group has returned

Hey all, I am working with some guys to recreate the airsoft groups we lost. We are hoping to fill in the void that so many groups have left us with. We are already over 1,300 members. Hoping for 5,000 by end of this week.

Guest alberty

I thought it was just groups involving Buy/Sell/Trade of airsoft replicas that got closed. There are still many, many general Airsoft groups on Facebook.

The three big names either went Secret which is essentially Group suicide or got removed (Aisoft Swap Meet). A few mid 5k member groups also went down. Even Devud Rye's 15k+ member group went Secret after all their Sale posts got nuked. At this point we have a bunch of specialty groups and a whole lot of wannabe groups but nothing really unified as before. I'm teaming up with Max T from the Airsoft Forum & Marketplace admin to help rebuild a new and hopefully better group experience than last time.

Guest alberty

The three big names either went Secret which is essentially Group suicide or got removed (Aisoft Swap Meet). A few mid 5k member groups also went down. Even Devud Rye's 15k+ member group went Secret after all their Sale posts got nuked. At this point we have a bunch of specialty groups and a whole lot of wannabe groups but nothing really unified as before. I'm teaming up with Max T from the Airsoft Forum & Marketplace admin to help rebuild a new and hopefully better group experience than last time.

Alright cool, good luck!

Thing I don't like about FB for airsoft is the lack of threading feature and the in ability to look up old posts.

It's more of gabby what's current format versus a true forum format.

It's good for selling stuff and that is about it. Want any good information or decent format, forget it.

Guest alberty

It's good for selling stuff and that is about it. Want any good information or decent format, forget it.

Additionally, Facebook has recently started enforcing ban on sales involving airsoft replicas.

For what its worth, if you keep up with Airsoft C3 nowadays they announced the launch of a new NPO group dedicated to furthering the sport as a whole. I'll let you guys make what you will of it but I think its a step in the right direction.

www.rssagroup.org

You seem to be pretty pessimistic about this, if your looking to keep up with the newer generations you need to move past forums. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of forums myself, that's how I learned to work on my air guns after all, but the new kids have no interest in them at all. And yeah that has a lot to do with age but there's nothing you can do to change that, this generation is all about instant satisfaction, instant messages, instant results.

Give the RSSA a chance at least, I think they have as strong a chance as any to pull this sport together before stupid incidents and fat backed politicians who think we shouldn't be playing at all decide to make it law.

That is what they said

Give the RSSA a chance at least, I think they have as strong a chance as any to pull this sport together before stupid incidents and fat backed politicians who think we shouldn't be playing at all decide to make it law.

I have been in the industry and I have seen these organizations and been part of them since the 20th century.

Anyone remember Airsoftplayers.com and the grassroot governing body that came out of that? See what I mean...come and gone...

Unless someone funds them directly and drives an agenda...nothing is going to happen.

Just look at their page. They run on donations and volunteers with no industry experienced people. They don't have any projects listed. Though they do have counters for pending projects. Until they organize more and show their agenda we can support...this is another vapor organization.

ASTM even came out with their standards for Airsoft and its scary. An on/off switch on all airsoft guns separate from a selector...really? And how a player briefing should go...really?

ASTM is semi-legitimate...but not in my eye after their "airsoft standards" were published. They are another organization trying to make money on made up standards and certifications.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=ASTM+airsoft+standards

Edited by Guges Mk3

My time is precious...I am fighting other battles for Airsoft that I know will make a difference. Any organization that just pops a website and puts four college kids as volunteers (who most likely made the website and made some calls) is not a legitimate organization for furthering our sport.

If Evike Chang was on the board of this organization, among others...then I would take it seriously.

Recently I started working for an Airsoft company. We have heard nothing about RSSA...

Edited by Guges Mk3

I must step to the mic on this.

A. Sad part about peoples dependence on facebook....you do not really get to control whatever it is you post on there. I've gone through and stopped publishing my writing on there because well, once you do that, facebook owns it. Same thing with the groups, you don't really run a group on facebook, cause facebook actually is the one. Going back to forums such as this, gives us the ability to actually be in control.

B. We do need something in place, but it need's to be focused, sort of like UKARA in England, so we don't get legislated out of the sport.

just my .02 cents...