Sign in to follow this  
Slodin

Anti-reversal latch spring goes out of place while gearbox is closed?

weird problem..the gun is not cycling correctly..it's doing the shoot, click, shoot, click thing again...full auto is fine

yeah when I say again, it means it happened before..although last time was some dude opened up this gun to do god knows what...

So he sold the gun to me for cheap, because he thought it was broken..

I got home and opened it up and noticed the anti-reversal latch is in an incorrect position..so I fixed it..put it back together, and it all worked out.

I did note that the spring for the latch is somewhat shorter and smaller than normal..(this is a KA Full metal M4)

until today when I'm installing a new pistol grip it start to do the same thing again...which is strange because I didn't open up the gearbox at all..just replacing an external grip..

also I noticed the fire selector switch is doing weird stuff as well.. safe to semi is fine, but semi to full is hard to push..(this is not true before replacing the grip)

I put back the old grip, but still doing it..so I know it's not the grip..

could I accidentally knocked something out of place in the gearbox by replacing a pistol grip? say the anti-reversal latch?

I'm a little tired to open it up again because it's frontal wired with no QD so I'm waiting for a few new parts to arrive so it's worth my time to unsolder and solder the connectors to just take out the GB...

also waiting on my silicon wires so I can rear wire this..somehow I can't find anywhere even RC hobby stores for silicon wire..they only offer to do the job for ridiculous amount of money..which I can do myself..

so this post is just really me wondering if this could happen..so maybe I should order another anti-reversal latch spring to stop it from doing this again..

Thanks for looking..

Guest alberty

Make sure there's no wires catch on the anti-reversal latch, and also check the anti-reversal latch staying in place when closing up the shell.

Make sure there's no wires catch on the anti-reversal latch, and also check the anti-reversal latch staying in place when closing up the shell.

yeah, no wire is catching when I put it back together...

I actually played 3-4 games before changing the grip to make sure it works correctly....

maybe because when I was doing motor height adjustment on the new grip this happened...

Ugh...I have to open it up now cause I have a game coming up on sunday :wacko:

Guest alberty

yeah, no wire is catching when I put it back together...

I actually played 3-4 games before changing the grip to make sure it works correctly....

maybe because when I was doing motor height adjustment on the new grip this happened...

Ugh...I have to open it up now cause I have a game coming up on sunday :wacko:

Changing the grip and/or adjusting motor height should have no effect on the anti-reversal latch's placement in the gearbox, assuming you have it installed correctly.

Edited by alberty

yeah..I totally know what you mean...

however, it's just totally weird to have it come undone while closed..

oh well...I just ordered a new spring for the latch maybe that will stop it from doing it..

maybe the previous owner was having this problem as well hence sold it to me for cheap..

Guest alberty

yeah..I totally know what you mean...

however, it's just totally weird to have it come undone while closed..

oh well...I just ordered a new spring for the latch maybe that will stop it from doing it..

maybe the previous owner was having this problem as well hence sold it to me for cheap..

Check that the hole that the ARL's axle sits in is not damaged. Usually when closing the gearbox shell, there is a hole where the top part of the ARL's axle goes through, and that should help you check that it's sitting in place. Also, look into the area where the bevel gear side is visible and you can see if the ARL is lined up against it properly.

to help with finicky AR latches, I clean the spring and AR latch and then place the spring in position on the AR latch. Then while in a vice, I dab the spring with a little CA glue onto the latch. Let set for an hour or so. This keeps the spring in place while assembling the gearbox,