to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
cubluwt

D-BOYS Or CYMA

Hi,

First of all best regards for all members. Just a simple and solid question. I had a Jing Gong Bar-10 G-Spec and almost two years in airsoft world, and I like snipping, but after a long time My JG felt quite heavy because I did some modification, so my friends suggested that I should changed my gear little bit, feel the differences and not being monotonous.

And actually I want to try different environment (in me...) still love my JG but I want to try Assault rifle. So I need opinions, this two airsoft fits with my budget and "In Stock" and also there are no more left at the store, everything out of stocks.

This is my choices:

1. D-BOYS SCAR-L SC-01
  2. CYMA M4 RIS
  3. CYMA M4 S-System I watched reviewed on youtube they said the butt stock quite shaky. But I haven't touch it yet so...I don't know if the guy on youtube got the bad qualities or what...

I know it's quite old, but I don't have any choices.

Thanks....Cheers.. :tongue:

Look for the DPMS PAR25.

It's an Airsoft interpretation of the DPMS Oracle a stripped down 7.62 AR.

The Airsoft version has a 2" longer barrel 440fps out of the box and you get 2 magazines. Retail should be around $225.00

Edited by Guges Mk3

Guest alberty

I would avoid any D-Boys- My buddy got a D-Boys Mk-12 and the piston stripped in an hour. Almost any CYMA AK should be good. Not too sure about their M4s though.

Lemons or QC issues are common with China-made products. Don't let that put you off from DBoys if you have the ability to do tech work to make them reliable.

Otherwise, you are right that VFC-styled CYMA AKs are good even out of the box.

Lemons or QC issues are common with China-made products. Don't let that put you off from DBoys if you have the ability to do tech work to make them reliable.

Otherwise, you are right that VFC-styled CYMA AKs are good even out of the box.

I have never trusted them from the day I bought one. The fist gun I ever got was a $90 DBOY M4, piston stripped, and so did the sector gear. Lemon?? Maybe, But I got a brand new one and I was impressed, it lasted 3 weeks instead of 1! Then my friend got one, slightly better model, full metal, stripped sector gear AND cracked gearbox. Then the MK 12 happened. Hell my Lancer Tactical was far better, I tortured the crap out of that gun after I got a new one, I TRIED to break it, but nope.

I will say that this happened before I knew how to grease, fix AOE, and other stuff. But I will always give the death stare to anyone who has a DBOY M4...

Now this is all my opinion, I'm sure people have great DBOY guns.

Guest alberty

I have never trusted them from the day I bought one. The fist gun I ever got was a $90 DBOY M4, piston stripped, and so did the sector gear. Lemon?? Maybe, But I got a brand new one and I was impressed, it lasted 3 weeks instead of 1! Then my friend got one, slightly better model, full metal, stripped sector gear AND cracked gearbox. Then the MK 12 happened. Hell my Lancer Tactical was far better, I tortured the crap out of that gun after I got a new one, I TRIED to break it, but nope.

I will say that this happened before I knew how to grease, fix AOE, and other stuff. But I will always give the death stare to anyone who has a DBOY M4...

Now this is all my opinion, I'm sure people have great DBOY guns.

What Lancer Tactical model are you comparing to? Lancer Tactical is a rebranding name, they have various OEM models being sold with their name thrown on.

Guest alberty

The LT04B Maybe rebranding JG?

http://www.evike.com/products/38961/

Is that the full-plastic bodied M4 AEG? That is OEM by DBoys. It has the same level of quality & material in its gearbox & motor as used in most of their other AEGs.

Edited by alberty

Guest alberty

Then all 3 of us got lemons? Hmm......

Bad QC. Your performance results will vary among all models, that is the reality of getting cheap AEGs.

Guest alberty

I thought Lancer Tactical was the U.S. distributor for JG?

But when I compared the Dboy gearbox with the Lancer they looked nothing alike. Different cylinder, piston, and even the shell.

No, Lancer Tactical rebrands a wide range of products covering various models. The full ABS-plastic AEGs are OEM by DBoys (such as M4, PDW, and AKS-74U), and then there are a few mostly-plastic-bodied models by JG (such as the plastic-bodied "MAG-K" AK). The full metal MAG-K is by JG. The plate carriers are sort just generic ACM brands, the helmets are whatever Emerson or cheaper. One of the motors is Lonex, etc...

What did your Lancer Tactical plastic-bodied M4 internals look like?

From the ones I opened up that were branded under the Bravo name, they had the telltale signs of DBoys internals. 7mm bearings, blue piston head, grey chaoli-like motor, clear hop-up unit, etc...

Guest alberty

Mine had the grey motor, normal bushings, a cream-colored piston head, black plastic hop up, black shell, silver cylinder

Ah, my mistake. Sounds like the plastic-bodied Lancer Tactical M4 could be OEM by CYMA, or similar to it. Similar parts are found in the Echo 1 Genesis M4 which is a slightly altered version of the CYMA mostly-plastic-bodied M4.

But, looks like there's two versions. 1 is the version I saw like this set of internals (shows as DBoys OEM): https://youtu.be/hKTo_RAFtyo , and the other being what you claimed you saw in the internals.

Edited by alberty

Guest alberty

Mine had the grey motor, normal bushings, a cream-colored piston head, black plastic hop up, black shell, silver cylinder

Hi there,

I just opened up one of these today: http://www.evike.com/products/38959/

What I noticed is:

- Full plastic body

- cheap pot metal shell, very jagged edges

- CYMA is the OEM, but this is their lower end in the line of quality. Has typical CYMA metal bushings and green colored grease

- cheap motor with metal/grey can

- black plastic hop-up unit

- decent air seal in terms of the piston head o-ring against the cylinder

So it looks like, every batch is varying man.

Hi there,

What I noticed is:

- Full plastic body

- CYMA is the OEM, but this is their lower end in the line of quality. Has typical CYMA metal bushings and green colored grease

Yea, my nephew got this gun, from Lancer, at first I thought it was rifle toys for under 13years old, but it's shoot actually. And it was made all plastic, I meant plastic. I remembered now why my nephew cried at that time, because his dad sitting on the rifle and the rifle was broken. The stock and the orange tip broken, "Splat...and Craack.." Lol, now I remembered why his crying. Lol.

Anyway, I already got my CYMA M4 RIS full metal body, and it was great, heavy, and I didn't expect the FPS quite well, and it's nice AEG I think. Only the butt stock was quite shaky, and the gearbox also full metal. Not bad at all...not bad at all... :)

I meant like this, (Why my nephew cried):

https://youtu.be/dbQpEA4KHpE?t=206

Edited by cubluwt

NOOOOOOOOOO NEVER BUY AN AIRSOFT SCAR UNLESS IT'S VFC OR TM. Cyma is always the way to go, my friend. their ak's have never let me down. of course I have NEVER seen their m4-s system in action. but I did see it on tiger111hk. I was planning on buying their car-15 lol.

Guest alberty

NOOOOOOOOOO NEVER BUY AN AIRSOFT SCAR UNLESS IT'S VFC OR TM. Cyma is always the way to go, my friend. their ak's have never let me down. of course I have NEVER seen their m4-s system in action. but I did see it on tiger111hk. I was planning on buying their car-15 lol.

If you have no experience with using, owning, working on, or seeing a CYMA M4, then I would not suggest you recommend it just because you like CYMA AKs. You should get some experience with it before recommending it.

If you have no experience with using, owning, working on, or seeing a CYMA M4, then I would not suggest you recommend it just because you like CYMA AKs. You should get some experience with it before recommending it.

I said the company is good. not the actual gun. if he wants to buy the gun, then that's what he wants to do. I'm not really very good when it comes to speaking. I forget one or two points or an important sentence that I was thinking about while I was writing the post. video games will do that to you after 13 years of playing them. :/

Hi there,

What I noticed is:

- Full plastic body

Sounds almost identical to mine. My gun lost a lot of air seal over the course of it's 1 year lifespan.

I have a picture of my internals but It wont let me paste it in.... I could e-mail it to you? If you want to see it that is.

I don't have experience with the CYMA M4, and I am admitedly new to Airsoft so take this information for what it is. For my first Airsoft gun I choose a CYMA 035a, after extensive research and repeatedly seeing posts saying CYMA AKs are top notch! Out of the box on a 9.6 Nickle battery it stripped the spur gear on the sector gear after about 200 bbs. I was suprised even further when I opened up the gear box to find nearly zero air seal, with the worst aoe I would imagine possible.Then when attempting to remove the muzzle break the front sight assembly disintegrated in my hand like a dried up dirt clod. BUT don't let that deter you, the exterior LOOK of the 035a was top notch. Now after replacing the gears with a set of siegetek 14.09:1's, a lonex half steel rack piston, matrix cylinder and piston head lonex a2 motor and all of the rest of the internals (along with a new all steel echo 1 muzzle break and front sight assembely) I am VERY satisfied with my CYMA CM035a. Needless to say I will be purchasing a either polarstar or a very nice high end gun to avoid this ongoing headache with my CYMA. Moral of the story... You get what you pay for.

Guest jroble95

"the mechanic" you got a lemon bro, plain and simple. And also you should have tried the cm048 instead lol.