Okay, so right now I go to 3 fields that all require a 400 fps limit. None of them have tested my fps but I know that they will sometime, so I don't want my gun crazy over the limit, which is 400. My gun currently is shooting around 390-400 but I really want to install a tightbore barrel.

The description and reviews of http://www.evike.com/products/40452/ say that it increases fps by 20-50. A video I saw showed that it increased it by around 35. Is there any way I can install it, and then decrease the fps without opening up my gearbox? I will if I have to, but I rather keep my gun as it is in there. Thanks for the help.

Edited by FlamingLizardGaming

Installing a 6.01 TBB will increase your FPS. If it goes over your field limits with TBB installed, you will have to open up your gearbox and change out your spring in order to lower your FPS.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to install a TBB? Is it for range, accuracy, FPS, or a combination of these?

I want a TB for accuracy and grouping. Recently my bbs have been flying everywhere which is weird how I play in a very, very small indoor CQB field. I was thinking it was my amplifier because right after I installed in the bbs were inaccurate, but not so much that I can't hit 3 people 15 feet away that aren't moving. That was what was happening when I played last time. Is there any inner barrel I can get that doesn't increase FPS by much? Is the Madbull Black Python 6.03 any good? I will also start using some .25s instead of .20s.

Edited by FlamingLizardGaming

If your accuracy is as bad as you say, and you don't have some obscenely crappy inner barrel, it's probably not the problem. Something is likely wrong between your hop up unit and the barrel. Clean your barrel, use high quality BBs. Using heavier BBs (0.25) will give you better accuracy than 0.20s. If that's been done, check your hop up. Sometimes if your hop-up is set to zero or the highest hop, it can either jam the gun or cause insanely inconsistent hop. If that's not the issue, maybe it's your bucking or nub. You could try replacing either or both.

If you want a TBB for accuracy and grouping, here's an awesome guide to think about when choosing an inner barrel.

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/32-general-sniper-talk/11136-inner-barrels-resovled.html

Edited by Myrmidax
  • Upvote 1

Yes...try doing the simple thing first before replacing parts.

Most likely you installed the amp wrong, your barrel is really dirty and or your shooting cheap light weight bbs. Most likely your using those yellow or green rounds with the burrs/seams and weigh only .12g if you can't hit people at 15 feet/yards.

• Downvote 1

Yes...try doing the simple thing first before replacing parts.

Most likely you installed the amp wrong, your barrel is really dirty and or your shooting cheap light weight bbs. Most likely your using those yellow or green rounds with the burrs/seams and weigh only .12g if you can't hit people at 15 feet/yards.

I just screwed the amp on... I don't think I SCREWED it up (get it? bad punz) I did clean my barrel and it was gross. I will try to see if it is any more accurate. BTW, I am using Elite Force and sometimes Valken .2 bbs. I will try to upgrade to some .25s soon too.

Let us know how that goes!

(also, not sure if you did this or not, but check to see that the BB's aren't hitting any part of the amp on their way out the barrel. Shouldn't be a problem, but if it is it's an easy fix)

• Upvote 1

Let us know how that goes!

(also, not sure if you did this or not, but check to see that the BB's aren't hitting any part of the amp on their way out the barrel. Shouldn't be a problem, but if it is it's an easy fix)

Thanks! I tested it in my backyard, and it went great! Much more accurate and I even tried running and gunning and it was much more accurate. Once I backed away about 25 meters, it was pretty inaccurate for hitting small garden chairs, but it was very windy and drizzling a bit, and I am still using 20s. I'm just about to order some good 25s What are some good, cheap brands? Thanks guys and have a nice day!

Good and cheap does not exist. Good is ~15.00 a bag for 4000 .25g bss.

Mediocre and cheap does...which is everything cheap. $10 or less for 4000 .25g bbs.

Really good bbs run at a minimum retail 18.00 a bag.

And the Supergrade stuff can run 30.00 for 500 shots.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Speaking from personal experience, Elite Force and TSD's. Honestly I've been getting TSD .28's from Amazon (prime = win) for the past five or so years, I've never had an issue with them, they are cheap, high quality, shoot straight, and get to my house in a pinch when I need them. (I don't know anything about TSD as a company or what kind of rep they have in the airsoft community, so I can't give any factual advice.)

TSD = Team Specialized Distribution.

They used to be a US Airsoft Power House in the early 2000's. Now they are a hollow shell of their former self. They put their eggs into ICS AEG's.

Their bbs are rebrands. While decent, they are classified as mediocre. Not perfectly round with a few lump and divot points on their bbs, but they feed and shoot fine for most needs.

Speaking from personal experience, Elite Force and TSD's. Honestly I've been getting TSD .28's from Amazon (prime = win) for the past five or so years, I've never had an issue with them, they are cheap, high quality, shoot straight, and get to my house in a pinch when I need them. (I don't know anything about TSD as a company or what kind of rep they have in the airsoft community, so I can't give any factual advice.)

Lol IKR? Every one says that amazon is bad, but I get everything on there much cheaper (prime) and much quicker

• Upvote 1