hey guys so I just build a very nice gb with some spare and new parts. I put everything together with a nano ssr mosfet, dual signal setup with included wires, with 16 awg wire. new trigger contacts shs piston, pistonhead that came with it, double O-ring cylinder head, double O-ring air nozzle, stock cyma cylinder, maple leaf 75 degree bucking, madbull 6.03 407mm tightbore, ics gears, shimmed perfect except for bevel gear which is tight on pinion gear, perfect compression and aoe. sounds great (except for b-p shimming as I stated before). oh and the motor is a cyma high torque modified. I see sparks directly under the plastic bell. is this normal????? I modified the motor as in the male connector broke off so I had to use another bell off of another CYMA motor. could this have caused the sparks?? or do I need a new motor???

The spark you are seeing is normal operation of the motor.

How is the gun cycling? Does it sound slow or strained? The tight bevel to pinion shimming could be adding resistance, causing the motor to work harder and therefore heat up.

ill send a vid of how it sounds like give me a sec

The spark you are seeing is normal operation of the motor.

How is the gun cycling? Does it sound slow or strained? The tight bevel to pinion shimming could be adding resistance, causing the motor to work harder and therefore heat up.

so I can't figure out how to send vids. But you can maybe look on my Instagram page??? <AT>lone_airsoft

oh okay. I was gonna uplaod the video any ways :P

heres the video. if you need a longer one, just ask :) Edited by mrbeny127

Bump???

Guest alberty

Bump???

Your thread was at the top of this section's posts already...

No need to bump unnecessarily.

Edited by alberty

Oh I didn't know. Sorry. :/

It doesn't sound like it's straining. If the bevel/pinion is shimmed tight though, that is still resistance.

How is the CYMA HT modified? Did you install neodymium magnet? If they are ferrous magnets, that may also be a source of the heat since they don't produce as strong of a magnetic field. They make for a weaker motor, and thus it would draw more power.

It doesn't sound like it's straining. If the bevel/pinion is shimmed tight though, that is still resistance.

How is the CYMA HT modified? Did you install neodymium magnet? If they are ferrous magnets, that may also be a source of the heat since they don't produce as strong of a magnetic field. They make for a weaker motor, and thus it would draw more power.

I did replace the end bell as the stock one had a male connector snap. (friggin gold female motor connectors ('-_-) too tight (but I stretched them out ;)) ) I used an end bell from one of my craptactular cyma motors I had. so modified externally not internally. well I have to place the positive wire where the negative wire positive is marked and the positive where the negative marked :/