Sign in to follow this  
GentlemanShark

M93R, or continue with my crap WE Tech 1911?

If you're already convinced that your 1911 is crap, why are you even contemplating, much less asking strangers whether or not you ought to keep it?

Edit:

Also, WE is coming out with their new redesigned 1911. Better internals, larger nozzle diameter for stronger recoil and gas efficiency.

Edited by renegadecow

If you're already convinced that your 1911 is crap, why are you even contemplating, much less asking strangers whether or not you ought to keep it?

Edit:

Also, WE is coming out with their new redesigned 1911. Better internals, larger nozzle diameter for stronger recoil and gas efficiency.

Well crap in the sense, it doesn't keep up with the competition, but still can get some good shots off. I just want to know if the upgrade is worth it, I really just want a gun that works and is accurate.

Then a GBB in full auto with KWA's ball bearing hop up and prone to failure zinc alloy burst mechanism is hardly an upgrade.

I'll only use 3 round burst occasionally, is there a better 3 round burst option? I like the SMG usability of this gun. Is there anything I could do to improve the mechanism?

My mistake. Burst parts were at WGC, but are out of stock.

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=KM-MG08R&search=special&rs=KM%20Pistol%20Parts&catid=72&cat=24

For what it's worth, unless you really want an M93R, there are better options like an MP9 or MP7. Personally I keep away from KWA/KSC from having to fix so many of them through the years.

Edited by renegadecow

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=KM-MG08R&search=special&rs=KM%20Pistol%20Parts&catid=72&cat=24

For what it's worth, unless you really want an M93R, there are better options like an MP9 or MP7. Personally I keep away from KWA/KSC from having to fix so many of them through the years.

Hmm, this seems to be very highly reviewed. I really do want an M93R though, and an MP7 just doesn't appeal to me. I think I'll pull the trigger on this guy, the place I play at is very CQB (less than 15 feet). That piece you linked, is there another place to buy it? Also, what does it do?

Also, what is an "O-ring"?

I have two of those...some where in my piles of Pistol junk...

That's a rather broad thing to be suggesting for. Are you after a handgun, machine pistol, SMG, PDW? I have personal preferences that fit the bill (CQB, reliable, accurate) but you may not be comfortable with having only six shots.

Six shots is a no no for me. I am pretty accurate with a hand gun and like those, machine pistols don't really appeal to me, SMGs and PDWs are interesting, but I don't want to get too expensive. I could pick up a cheap G55 from my airsoft store for $25.

A Well G55?

There is your issue there it's WELL!

American Consumerism does not apply to Airsoft. You get what you pay for and Well is Cheap! Cheaply made => low grade items.

Exactly, it is a POS, but I could use it for a bit. What would you recommend for say a decent CQB MP7 style weapon? I really do like this 93r, but I guess it isn't meant for what I'm doing, right?

Having reliability issues doesn't mean people won't like it. It just means it's far from a perfect gun but there are always work arounds. As I've already suggested, KWAs MP7 and MP9 are good performers. A little over but still close to your budget. If you need something handgun sized and definitely not over your budget, you can get a Hi-Capa Xtreme or a G18C + a metal slide and barrel.