to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Purphoros

"Wanna-be" Support Gunner Looking For Suggestions!

Hello everyone!

This is my third post on this site (I have had very good suggestions so far, thank you), I still want to be a support gunner which my previous posts have made clear, and I was looking to expand my arsenal a tad with a possibly Russian support weapon.

I was looking at Russian weapons purely because of the fact, I don't own any Russian made weapons yet, and I was curious whether or not they would make good support guns.

This is the gun I was looking at: http://www.evike.com/products/35938/

To be clear this is not purely a Russian weapon thread but I currently have a slight bias towards Russian weapons at this time but feel free to suggest the best weapons in my budget regardless of where they originate from.

My budget will max out at about $300, but the cheaper the better for upgrade purposes.

Requirements in no particular order:

• (Negotiable) Total cost of ~$300 or less including shipping and necessary upgrades
  • (Preferred) Can work,without immediately being destroyed, by an 11.1v lithium-polymer battery stock/with few upgrades
  • (Preferred) Can fit a 5200 mAh 11.1v lithium-polymer battery dimensions: (WORKING ON THIS CHECK BACK SOON)
  • Has an electric mag (preferably included in the price), or cheap flash mags (not included in total price).
  • Metal, with real wood (if applicable) included in price
  • Has a semi-automatic option
  • Not French (I will not have my gun surrendering immediately during combat!)
  • Possibly bull-pup?
  • Shoots about 350 FPS with .25's
  • Will be used outside so it has to be durable

Thanks for reading and I do hope you can help me.

Guest alberty

If your budget maxes out at $300 after shipping cost, you don't have many options that will fulfill all of your requirements.

You'd probably only be able to choose from:

- CYMA RPK

- SRC RPK

- JG RPK

The RPKs:

- Could use an AK flash mag (not included)

- These don't generally include an electric drum mag in the price

- They have semi-auto function.

I am not aware of any airsoft bullpup "LMGs".

Edit: Appears to be L86A2 and HBAR. Not with $300 range though.

Edited by alberty

In reality, RPKs don't make great support guns. Not having a quick change barrel feature means bursts will be extremely limited. But since this is airsoft, it's actually pretty ok however the extra barrel length doesn't really do you any good as a regular AK or even an AKS74U can and will shoot just as well.

As for the French surrendering joke, it's 2016. Why is this sort of humor still being propagated?!? Not only does it show a gross misunderstanding as to why France declared Paris an open city upon invasion, but it also makes fun of the very people who gave you freedom and democracy against British imperial rule.

L86, HBAR.

If your budget maxes out at $300 after shipping cost, you don't have many options that will fulfill all of your requirements.

You'd probably only be able to choose from:

- CYMA RPK

- SRC RPK

- JG RPK

The RPKs:

- Could use an AK flash mag (not included)

- These don't generally include an electric drum mag in the price

- They have semi-auto function.

If my budget is the limiting factor, how much would I need to increase it for access to better weapons?

First off...dump the 11.1V requirement. Why is this coming up again with the new players anyways?

You don't need that rate of fire for a support weapon. You have a drum/box magazine...you can lay down a stream for 2 minutes and if you have a loader...continuously (only with top feeding box magazine) for as much as you guys can carry.

I just complete the MAA Spring Convention and have a few AEG's left, new!.

Both SRC -

G36MG with Bipod, original flash hider and Drum magazine - 250.00 shipped

GE0635II.jpg

RPK with bipod, hicap, original flash hider and drum magazine - 245.00 shipped

SRC-AEG-RPKW-AG-1_02.jpg

However, you are not going to be able to get any of these guns to hold a large LIPO, nor will you need it...but I can give you a 7600mah 2S lipo with either purchase...