Hey guys so I was looking around for a new motor for my g36 as the old one (4 years old about) just died on me as I put my build together :( after weeks of waiting :/ but anyways. I looked on airsoft atlanta for a good motor and came across a motor from the oem of shs. it's called rocket high torque motor. I was wondering if these are nice motors? for $30 by shs, it seems like a steal

If it is OEM'ed by SHS then it is likely very similar to SHS's own motors, just with a different brand label slapped on it. $30 is the going rate for those motors, so the one you saw isn't particularly a steal.

SHS motors are particularly phenomenal, nor are the particularly crap. They have been a bit power hungry in the past. Not sure if that is something that has changed as of late.

If it is OEM'ed by SHS then it is likely very similar to SHS's own motors, just with a different brand label slapped on it. $30 is the going rate for those motors, so the one you saw isn't particularly a steal.

SHS motors are particularly phenomenal, nor are the particularly crap. They have been a bit power hungry in the past. Not sure if that is something that has changed as of late.

what motor for the price and reliability would you recommend

The JG Super High Torque has never failed me. I put it in a G36 and it gave great trigger response. AMS claims it has neo magnets. Plus it matches your price:

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/10508-golden-eagle-hi-torque-short-type-version-3-aeg-motor-ge-g-5.aspx

Edited by Ninjabro637

That is OK but not that good. JG's "blue" and the red torque motors are even stronger.

I would agree jg blue's are good. but I haven't been able to find any AT ALL. besides on ebay attached to a full gearbox :/

EDIT: I just looked on the interwebs again to search for one. but cant find one that's a short type. evike sold the long type tho

Edited by mrbeny127

The JG Super High Torque has never failed me. I put it in a G36 and it gave great trigger response. AMS claims it has neo magnets. Plus it matches your price:

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/10508-golden-eagle-hi-torque-short-type-version-3-aeg-motor-ge-g-5.aspx

besides, I don't trust ams. reviews they have about their site kinda drove me away from them