Sign in to follow this  
Zeridon

Yes...another what should I get?

Hey guys...being an x paintball player...I have really loved airsoft and wanted to get a gun for about $200...I am looking for a dmr or anything I can use in a field. Every time I look into a company the people always say that the company horrible. Are there any recommendations on a good gun to get for the price...I have been looking into echo 1 and king arms. Please...what do you think is a good company to get for the price. I want something that would last. So what do you think is the best performer for the price. Here is what I am looking at http://www.evike.com/products/40529/

echo 1 rebrands. if you want a good gun, that is a dmr sort of platform. get the jg m16a2. cheap, reliable. the only thing is the abs body. just take care of it, and itll take care of you. orrrr you could get a classic army gun. CA is a really nice company. here is a nice m16 dmr that you can use =, and use the rest of the money to buy bbs, extra mags, etc. http://www.evike.com/products/40037/

Nope...do not get the JG M16A2. It's a DMR wanna be...just because it is long it does not means it is a DMR.

Now for a limited time.

Get the DPMS PAR25.

At the Core it is a DMR gun - 440 fps out of the box with .20g bbs using a V2L Mechbox.

Metal Outer receiver - this is a limited run.

Sold as a barebones unit so you can upgrade the looks to suit your needs.

And its under 200.00 at 189.99

http://www.evike.com/products/62073/

62073.jpg

Edited by Guges Mk3

Nope...do not get the JG M16A2. It's a DMR wanna be...just because it is long it does not means it is a DMR.

Now for a limited time.

Get the DPMS PAR25.

At the Core it is a DMR gun - 440 fps out of the box with .20g bbs using a V2L Mechbox.

Metal Outer receiver - this is a limited run.

Sold as a barebones unit so you can upgrade the looks to suit your needs.

And its under 200.00 at 189.99

http://www.evike.com/products/62073/

62073.jpg

Ugh that handguard is like putting a size small shirt on a extra-large person....

And for such a long outer barrel is only has a 363 inner barrel?

Guest alberty

Ugh that handguard is like putting a size small shirt on a extra-large person....

With an M4, that would only take a few minutes to change to a longer inner barrel.

"Sold as a barebones unit" is the key. This is to allow for personal customization without a start up heavy cost. Plus the long outer barrel can be cut to desired length...versus having to cobble together a longer barrel or buying a new one.

And one of the real DPMS Oracle is sold in a similar configuration for the buyer to customize too

image%20(83).jpg.

Hey guys...being an x paintball player...I have really loved airsoft and wanted to get a gun for about $200...I am looking for a dmr or anything I can use in a field. Every time I look into a company the people always say that the company horrible. Are there any recommendations on a good gun to get for the price...I have been looking into echo 1 and king arms. Please...what do you think is a good company to get for the price. I want something that would last. So what do you think is the best performer for the price. Here is what I am looking at http://www.evike.com/products/40529/

Hello,

For that price you won't get a DMR that performs extremely well out of the box. I suggest getting something that performs well in your budget and upgrading parts as time progresses. When you get your base gun, you should gradually upgrade, high torque motor, tight bore barrel, etc. Someone suggested a bare bones gun, that doesn't seem so bad, as you can upgrade it so that it does what you need for a decent price. In airsoft while high FPS may be enticing, bear in mind that a heavier BB in the same gun will go slower, but travel farther as it has more momentum. So when you get your DMR use .25g-.32g until you have the power (through upgrades) to propel .4g BB's at an appreciable rate, not only will they fly farther they will also be affected by wind less so they will land on target more often. Here is my pick (http://www.evike.com/products/54827/) while the receiver is a corny with the bio-hazard symbol, I own this gun (mine has a different front end with a grenade launcher, which makes it hilariously impractical) and it has decent start off internals. I have shot 4,500-6,000 rounds (lost count) through mine in two months, the only issues were ones that I created with deciding to take the gearbox apart (broke my selector plate when putting it back together). Mine also handles .25g BB's with a 9.6v NiMH very well ~370 FPS with hop-up off and the battery fully charged. Advise saving money up, and getting a 11.1v LiPo, after a new high torque motor, and piston with full metal teeth. In the end, I am not the most experienced when it comes to airsoft guns, so talk to your local tech, and in the end, buy what will make you happy, after all you are going to the one shooting it. Keep in mind though that upgraded DMR's should not be fired in full-auto as that can put extreme stress on the internals and may break something.

A DMR is highly specialized, so make sure that you want one before purchasing one. In the end it comes down to personal preference, I enjoy lighting my enemies and their surroundings up with tons of BB's so I made my M16 effectively a LMG. If you want a cross between range and high fire rates, go for a M4, or an AK. This is a large investment and your preferences should take point.

Happy hunting!

Edited by Purphoros

(Snip) Advise saving money up, and getting a 11.1v LiPo, after a new high torque motor, and piston with full metal teeth. In the end, I am not the most experienced when it comes to airsoft guns, so talk to your...(Snip)

I would not do any of this until you decide what you want to do.

You do not need a 3S Pack nor do you need or should want a Full Rack Piston (see I said this was circling around again).

2S is more than sufficient with a HS motor and most half rack pistons are stronger than full rack pistons.

Also this philosophy of HT motor with HS gears to get a better trigger responses is becoming a dated practice.

Many HS motors have more than sufficient torque to pull most springs and at double the RPM'S of a HT motor...it make a better choice to just go HS and Standard Ratio.

Remember the AEG in this video is puling and releasing a M120 at 25 rounds per second on a 2S lipo.

Starting at 2:00

Edited by Guges Mk3

but then theres a problem with starting out with a cylinder made for a 363mm(if it is) and that's the fact you cant just switch out the barrel if you wanna do a little bit of joule creep with a shorter barrel, if it really isn't made for a 500mm barrel I wouldn't get it as there are a lot cheaper guns out there that run at 440 out of the box, ams is doing another one of their many "limited time" things and some cm048s made for 455s are running under 200 bucks, if you adjust the irons correctly if their a little wobbly its dead on. the front sight is adjustable aswell, you just need some small pliers to twist it into place after you've adjusted it. If the rear ones are wobbly just stick some hardening superglue in there and just let it set and they work like a charm if your ever gonna use them

Only take my advice if that thing really runs with a 363 and is undervolumed with a 500 ok?

Edited by jroble95

The Cylinder in this AEG is NOT the Type 2, it's a Type 0 V2L Cylinder.

While other guns 440 out of the box...those are pushing performance limits, while this one is at a performance MINIMUM.

Sorry a CM048 just does not compare...AK, AR, Modular, not modular, framed for DMR role, framed for general play.

I know you would be proud if everyone sported the same equipment you do, but this is real life...we make our choices on what appeals to us.

• Downvote 2

so, does it come with a cylinder volumed for a 500mm barrel or not? Stop dodging the question intentionally or unintentionally, this is a yes or no thing, not a smug sarcastic response thing. It's almost like you never learned how to read and you only seem to know how to write but only in a toxic passive aggressive way.

Edited by jroble95

The V2L Type 0 Cylinder is ~18mm longer the the V2 Type 0 Cylinder.

The V2 Type 0 Cylinder is "ideal" for 509mm barrels at a Maximum for .20g bbs

By extrapolation, the answer is yes AND it depends. The it depends takes into the factor of .30g+ weight bbs, which is a DMR AEG's shoot.

If you shoot a .36g in this AEG...then 500mm is to long.

I implore all new players to see upgrades and performance based as a system as a whole. Your question is a bit simplistic and is more like video game upgrade mentality. When in reality it is quite complex.

theres the answer we were looking for, im not surprised it took two prompts and 5 posts just for a sinple yes or no. Now can the barrel be replaced with a shorter one if someone wanted to take advantage of joule creep if they wanted a cheap dmr?

Edited by jroble95