Revealz95

Best sounding EBB AK?

The noise of ebb metal on metal sounds amazing

Until you hear a GBBR AK and then that sound you once thought was amazing is now more like dragging an empty sardine can on the ground with a piece of string.

http://youtu.be/bB_xuZS-xN0

If anything, all the EBB gimmick does is mask AEG motor whine. You'll have a more satisfying effect by making your muzzle pop louder instead (more air, less barrel, coned muzzle device) and can be done on pretty much any AEG. So if I were you, as with Guges, I'd focus on a well built AK or if you value the experience more, get a WE GBBR with full bolt travel (GHKs are lame).

Guest alberty

I don't think any really sound amazing. I notice two kinds of EBB AK sounds, one sounds like clanking light metal together, the other sounds like a BB hitting a piece of metal. Neither sound realistic or give you a more realistic impression.

Meister Arms will hit US retailers this month. E&L are found on all the major retailers sites...but are more expensive.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=E%26L&inc_subcat=&categories_id=&x=0&y=0&inc_subcat=1

MA will be the same gun for 1/2 of the price of current Gen 1 E&L's and by same gun, I mean the "same" gun.

I did some research on meister arms and their motors arent neodymium. theyre parts are 32:1 ratio gears, etc. while nice cymas run about 7/10 of the price, have a neodymium motor, have a nice full metal body, etc, id recommend cyma models 3m036 and above for their neo magnet motors and top notch range, and mag compatibility, and price. but that's just what I RECOMMEND. not saying you shouldn't try out MA. in fact I'd be curious about the performance. Derp :P

Guest alberty

I did some research on meister arms and their motors arent neodymium. theyre parts are 32:1 ratio gears, etc. while nice cymas run about 7/10 of the price, have a neodymium motor, have a nice full metal body, etc, id recommend cyma models 3m036 and above for their neo magnet motors and top notch range, and mag compatibility, and price. but that's just what I RECOMMEND. not saying you shouldn't try out MA. in fact I'd be curious about the performance. Derp :P

I would skip out on the CM.036, CM.042, and CM.046 at least. Those are TM-styled and mostly pot metal bodies.

Meister Arms is marketed as slightly cheaper, so the average motor is to be expected.

Looks like between some E&L (I think this is Gen.1 in the vid) and Meister Arms, the MA has "standard" torque motor while the E&L is high torque motor: https://youtu.be/xGU-a_NSzZk?t=14m50s

I would skip out on the CM.036, CM.042, and CM.046 at least. Those are TM-styled and mostly pot metal bodies.

Meister Arms is marketed as slightly cheaper, so the average motor is to be expected.

Looks like between some E&L (I think this is Gen.1 in the vid) and Meister Arms, the MA has "standard" torque motor while the E&L is high torque motor: https://youtu.be/xGU-a_NSzZk?t=14m50s

well the cm048 is pretty nice. that's actually my next ak. really nice wood, vfc style, reinforced internals, neo motor

Guest alberty

well the cm048 is pretty nice. that's actually my next ak. really nice wood, vfc style, reinforced internals, neo motor

Yeah that was my point. Above CM.036 (so about CM.040 and higher) they're all mostly VFC-style steel models, such as CM.040, CM.048, CM.050, and CM.052.

Some people say "everything above 40" but again the exceptions are CM.042 and CM.046 as they're still TM-style models with mostly pot metal content.

As for "reinforced internals" of the CM.048, that's just marketing phrases from a retailer. Consistent level of quality from the CYMA AKs, it's ok stock and better when upgraded.

Edited by alberty

Guest alberty

Ive been looking at a few echo1 redstar series guns. Anyone have any recomendations? (Budget is up to $270)

Note that Echo 1 rebrands, you can get approximately the same product for cheaper if you get the OEM counterpart.

These are the better models to choose from:

Echo 1 Red Star AKM - CYMA CM.048M

Bolt - CM.045 with accessories

OCW - CM.040I

Rifle Dynamics AK700 - CM.040J

LMG - CM.052

CSR (SVD) - CM.057

PMC - CM.050A

AMD-65 - JG AMD-65

Yeah that was my point. Above CM.036 (so about CM.040 and higher) they're all mostly VFC-style steel models, such as CM.040, CM.048, CM.050, and CM.052.

Some people say "everything above 40" but again the exceptions are CM.042 and CM.046 as they're still TM-style models with mostly pot metal content.

As for "reinforced internals" of the CM.048, that's just marketing phrases from a retailer. Consistent level of quality from the CYMA AKs, it's ok stock and better when upgraded.

oh okay. really the only thing I'd do is upgrade compression parts, shim and correct aoe. the cyma pistons are tanks lmao

EDIT: id also add a mosfet for lipo readiness

Edited by mrbeny127