Sign in to follow this  
mrbeny127

hopup help?

hey guys so im really really desperate right now. my midcap mags I bought about 8 months ago by matrix/cyma have stopped feeding. they just stopped feeding after I installed a cyma metal hopup chamber. but the thing is, that the bbs get stuck right before the feeding hole in the mag. so idk if it's the mag or the hopup. I'm just stuck guys. ive already blown about $250 on this build and I'm tired of spending money. I already owe my parents $200. now when I install the front assembly, the motor gets hot on an 11.1 to the point where I can feel it through the grip. it feeds fine with a high cap. I know I'm bunching up words right now but like I said, I'm desperate. I'm tired of taking this gun apart. it's making me stressed out. I was thinking if it was the mags and hopup, I could buy some nice midcaps and an element plastic hopup chamber as I heard the plastic hopups feed better and have better airseal

EDIT: okay so I tried another two midcaps I had lying around and they both fed pretty well. I bought them about 4 or 5 months ago. the only issue was again, with both they stopped pushing bb's in the middle of the mag for some reason. :/

Edited by mrbeny127

If the bbs are jammed well inside the mag then it's safe to say the hop up has nothing to do with it.

Are you cleaning your mags? Because mid/lowcaps have large surface areas where the bbs rub against under pressure and if you're using bio bbs that means residue builds up inside to the point where it affects proper feeding.

If the bbs are jammed well inside the mag then it's safe to say the hop up has nothing to do with it.

Are you cleaning your mags? Because mid/lowcaps have large surface areas where the bbs rub against under pressure and if you're using bio bbs that means residue builds up inside to the point where it affects proper feeding.

I'm using matrix bb's and have been ever since I got into airsoft. .25g. and I have not been cleaning them. never thought to. and don't have silicone oil atm

I'd highly advise against cleaning them with silicone oil as that will only attract dirt and not to mention put oil on the bbs which will affect hop up. Swabbing the bb track with a piece of cloth with alcohol is enough.

really? I mean ill try the alcohol. but if it doesn't work, ill try the silicone because I already ordered some for my gbb

Matrix bbs.... I had nothing but problems when I used them. Trust me there is a reason they are so cheap. Just look at them, pits and imperfections everywhere. It could be your mags but the bbs are a big possibility too. G&G .25g are good for the price.

Edited by jgm

Matrix bbs.... I had nothing but problems when I used them. Trust me there is a reason they are so cheap. Just look at them, pits and imperfections everywhere. It could be your mags but the bbs are a big possibility too. G&G .25g are good for the price.

ive never had any issues? ive been playing with them for about 2 years. :P I cleaned my mag again and they now only get stuck on the last 3 bbs. I just needed to tighten the mag screws ALOT.