Hi everyone! I have recently been into GBB pistols, and after using my friend's Hi-Capa (and being terrible at breaching in cqb with a huge gun) I have decided to get a GBB. I want it to be 120$ or below, and run preferably on co2, but I heard it is terrible for your gun, so green gas is fine. I also really like the Hi-Capa and 1911 style. I really don't care what the FPS is, as long as it isn't over 400. Oh yeah, I also don't want it to use tons of gas. I'm new to gas guns, so I would like it to be easy to maintenance. I haven't really found anything helpful via reviews, so I thought you guys could help me. My friend (other friend) has been hounding me ever since he got into airsoft to get a WE Hi-Capa and he has been bugging his parents to let him get one. I looked some up last night and they all have terrible reviews. Can you guys recommend some, and give me some tips? Thanks.

WE Hi-Capa and 1911s: AVOID unless you have experience in GBBs already to fix them right out of the box. Not too big a deal breaker but without these small fixes they generally disintegrate in time. Get a KJW Hi-Capa instead or their MEU (KP07). The plus factor for them is they're one of the few companies that get it right when it comes to CO2. The propellant itself isn't bad, it's just that it operates at a much higher pressure where many cheap out like on o-rings. If you want to save on green gas use, use propane. MUCH cheaper but without silicone oil added so you need to apply lubrication on the gun, particularly the piston lid if and when it starts to dry out which is about every other month of regular use.

• Upvote 1

elite force 1911 all the way if you want c02. but it might exceed your field's fps limits

^CO2 gun made by KWC...not recommended...

KJW...sure...but not KWC.

wait so elite force gbbs are kwc? huh who would've known? (I'm not being sarcastic) my old teammates have used the ef 1911 for about a year now. they actually aren't that bad.

Guest alberty

If the batch is good...yeah its not bad. But if a batch has a bad cast...they shatter and fail at an alarming rate. Consistency is sadly not there with KWC products.

Also, KWC system using exclusively its own mags and parts in the CO2 1911...

Elite Force does have those "repair kits" now, but they're just a fixed set of some replacement OEM parts.

KWC's actually stepped up their QC considerably in the past couple years with the recent Colt Rail Gun (under Cybergun) being a best example. But they still lack the parts support that TM/KJW has so the only reason one would have in choosing KWC is if they were after a specific model that only they offered with a specific propellant in mind.

WE Hi-Capa and 1911s: AVOID unless you have experience in GBBs already to fix them right out of the box. Not too big a deal breaker but without these small fixes they generally disintegrate in time. Get a KJW Hi-Capa instead or their MEU (KP07). The plus factor for them is they're one of the few companies that get it right when it comes to CO2. The propellant itself isn't bad, it's just that it operates at a much higher pressure where many cheap out like on o-rings. If you want to save on green gas use, use propane. MUCH cheaper but without silicone oil added so you need to apply lubrication on the gun, particularly the piston lid if and when it starts to dry out which is about every other month of regular use.

Is the one you recommended the kp05? I have seen more on other websites and they are way cheaper but they are the kp05 and they are co2 only.

KP-05 and KP-06 are both Hi-Capas but of the two I prefer the 05 because of the Tanio Koba grips which really makes it a lot more comfortable to hold. Regular Hi-Capa grips feel like a brick. Internally the CO2 and green gas version are the same. Just depends which mag it comes with and some are even package with both. KJW makes a wide range of handguns with their latest being the CZ Shadow if that's what you meant by "more guns". But if you mean you want a unique Hi-Capa for yourself, by all means customize it. It's TM compatible and there are hundreds of options you can do to it.

get a tm high capa. very nice and wont fail you. the only thing is the slide.... it's a nice ABS plastic. but recommended to use only duster gas unless youre buying a metal slide. I mean I use propane with silicone but that's at my own risk :P

get a tm high capa. very nice and wont fail you. the only thing is the slide.... it's a nice ABS plastic. but recommended to use only duster gas unless youre buying a metal slide. I mean I use propane with silicone but that's at my own risk :P

It's not that simplistic. You can run a Hicapa with its plastic slide on GG/Propane without any issue up to about 85 degrees. Anything warmer "then" run a lower power gas.

There is no cut off...of when to use what and when to use something else.

It's not that simplistic. You can run a Hicapa with its plastic slide on GG/Propane without any issue up to about 85 degrees. Anything warmer "then" run a lower power gas.

There is no cut off...of when to use what and when to use something else.

I stated in another post I'm 16. :/ I'm just posting my experiences. mostly facts is what I post. but in this case, just experience with gbb

mrbeny you have just the tip of the iceberg on info and its not cut and dried...there is a "lot" of variation and in between operating conditions...you need to learn about and experience first hand.

Just so that you know...I have been in Airsoft longer than you have been alive...just a bit of a head start.

Edited by Guges Mk3