Sign in to follow this  
mrbeny127

air nozzle doesnt go back all the way?

hey so my gun is having feeding issues again. EVEN WITH A SECTOR CHIP. at first it fed fine with the sector chip. now it's not. 11.1v doesn't work. 9.6 and below does. tappet plate is stock. tried putting another stock tappet plate in there. same thing. any ideas? should I get a new tappet that's reinforced? I was looking at shs

EDIT: I'm also having overspin even with a new steel COL. only on 11.1. should I get a stronger spring for this?

Edited by mrbeny127

Why do you need a 11.1V battery?

And how would a reinforced tappet help? Remember you are "writing" a book and you better have these answers.

I think you have a combination of factors.

Mag feed spring maybe to weak to get a bb up fast enough before the nozzle snaps forward. Try a good strong feeding magazine to see if that resolves the issue.

Edited by Guges Mk3

And how would a reinforced tappet help? Remember you are "writing" a book and you better have these answers.

Mag feed spring maybe to weak to get a bb up fast enough before the nozzle snaps forward. Try a good strong feeding magazine to see if that resolves the issue.

no I mean I haven't tested the mag yet. I had this problem before. before I got a sector clip. with the 11.1 I need the trigger response. and that's the reason I built my gun the way it is. lipo ready. (SORT OF. don't TELL ME NOTHING IS LIPO READY BECAUSE I KNOW. but I used preventative measures to increase the performance and life of my gearbox.) (it'd be just a waste of money if I didn't. I sold my xbox one for this. and because I was too addicted to it haha :P. and because of a trip to Tennessee I need the money for.) the weird thing is about the gearbox is that the air nozzle goes all the way back when firing in full auto with the lipo. but soon as I go back to semi, it doesn't go all the way back. and when I check in the gb, through a hole, the sector clip somehow slips off just a little. could this be contributing?

and also what I mean by it doesn't go back all the way (WITH THE LIPO. all batteries work fine except the 11.1) is that it seats further in the gearbox and the sector chip isn't picking it up all the way. the overspin is also contributing to this a little I think. maybe a too strong tappet spring is doing this?

youtube.com/watch?v=sZHsUFteZPY here I posted it

... I built my gun the way it is. lipo ready. (SORT OF. don't TELL ME NOTHING IS LIPO READY BECAUSE I KNOW. but I used ....

It's exactly opposite...anything is lipo ready, 2S LIPO. Not everything is High Voltage Ready, 3S LIPO, 10.8VNIMH, 9.9V LIFE....etc...

The video seems to corroborate your issue of the tappet slipping off the sector ship. You mentioned it was loose...how is it loose?

Edited by Guges Mk3

It's exactly opposite...anything is lipo ready, 2S LIPO. Not everything is HIGH VOLTAGE Ready, 3S LIPO, 10.8VNIMH, 9.9V LIFE....etc...

oh. okay. did you watch the video? :/

It's exactly opposite...anything is lipo ready, 2S LIPO. Not everything is High Voltage Ready, 3S LIPO, 10.8VNIMH, 9.9V LIFE....etc...

The video seems to corroborate your issue of the tappet slipping off the sector ship. You mentioned it was loose...how is it loose?

when I put it on, it snaps on. but as soon as I put the 11.1 through it, it gets raised up a bit off the sector gear. should I super glue it on?