AndreReed

Help Choosing my first airsoft gun

Hi, I'm kinda new to Airsoft, I've only played Paintball.

I own a Spyder MRX and as sidearm a KJW M9 (sounds crazy right? Having as sidearm an airsoft gun while playing paintball)

But returning to the topic, I'm here because I'm choosing between a KJW M700 (Gas) and G&G M14 (AEG)

I know that both replicas are different (bolt, and semi- full auto) but I will explain that later.

I want to start as Sniper-DMR role.

In my city, there's just one place to play airsoft, that place have four different fields, Woods, Urban, and two desert-themed.

The woods field Is like 220ft long & 50-60ft wide, The urban field is like 180-220ft long and 60-160ft wide. The rest of the fields are pretty small.

Note: this measurements aren't precise.

Normally I'm shooting the other team members at 80-90 ft Max 150 ft

Here is why I'm deciding between the KJW M700 and the G&G M14:

I first ordered the kjw m700, but because I live in Mexico I needed to import it with the help of an importer.

One day, I received the message that the rifle just arrived, I was so excited, but then the importer told me that he just noticed that he ordered the wrong rifle (G&G M14) and he just re-ordered the correct rifle (that was on feb 17) recently I sent a message to him asking for the KJW, and he told me that it hasn't arrived yet, and because of that, he offered me the G&G M14 (NEW) for the amount I paid for the KJW M700 (that's a good offer because the G&G is actually $80 more)

There are few things you need to know:

-I'm not planning to HPA the KJW, it's just way too expensive (plus importer fee)

-For the KJW I only could buy a tightbore, a new striker spring, apple airsoft CO2 Mag and the essentials (Bipod, scope)

-For the G&G I only could buy a m120 spring and the essentials (bipod mount, bipod, scope mount, scope)

-I want my rifle to be able to shoot with precision with the upgrades I can afford and to be the best for the kind of fields in my city.

-sometimes the fields are empty, so I would like that that rifle can take shots from the pyramid (red circle) to the other team zone in the woods (blue circle) see image

It's probably that I'm moving to buffalo, tx in July-August. (Just for one or two years)

There I will have the possibility of getting more upgrades, but I will focus more on getting a M200 (6mm pro shop)

I will leave a photo of the fields.

And the links to the replicas.

-KJW http://www.evike.com/products/25036/

-G&G http://www.evike.com/products/28216/

Thanks

a lot of people startout as a sniper and eventually quit airsoft because they cant hit anyone. dmr's are actually not bad like guges said. a maple leaf bucking, a flat hop nub by Prometheus and .28g bb's and youll be good to go.

Welcome to the world of Airsoft & Military Simulation....... You should start with that G&G M-14 AEG Reason: You can play several roles. Sniper, DMR, Point-Man. Unlike gas that can be affected by weather and other factors. The AEG platform is more bang for your buck. Small Mod's like a tight-bore barrel and improved hop-up can make your transition from Paintball to airsoft more enjoyable and easier on the wallet.

I hoped this helped...

I would suggest an M4 AEG, I wouldn't wanna start out even as a DMR style player. Even with a normal AEG though, everyone(except CQB I guess) wants accuracy. So start with a normal M4 AEG and you can probably work towards a DMR later.

actually no, your all wrong lol. A maple leaf packing by itself does not always work as ive experimented with swapping stock parts and maple leaf parts. You'd need a good sized window for a flat hop so if you want the BEST range I'd say just go with either all stock or all maple leaf. That's the barrel bucking and nub. And also you should try using a shorter barrel for joule creep if you want increased range(-22mm isn't much but it gives you about a 3 yard increase from stock). And on being more specific you'd need to get some G&G .28s as from my research(theres a german study on youtube that I found a translation of) it seems to be the most cost effective and accurate.

Fun fact, whenever you see someone not calling their hits at a range its sometimes because they cant feel the bbs hit them because .20s lose a lot of their energy and you cannot feel them at 200ft. This is solved by using .28s because at 60 ft a .28 starts to go faster than the .20 and past 60 its legitimately a higher velocity. Plus youll actually save a lot with .28s if you run semi only simply because they actually go straight unlike .20s which go from side to side so 2-3 accurate shots should take anyone out, especially at those 100ft ranges. Also on tightbores, the tighter it is the closer the nub is to the bb so you can run heavier bbs if you want to so if your stock barrel doesn't work with the maple leaf bucking and nub you can just run with a maple leaf 6.03.

why m4, a cyma ak is a lot more cost effective and you don't have a chance to get some crappy offbrand thing like everyone I know started out with. Just try searching for "CYMA Airsoft AK47S AEG ABS Plasic Edition w/ Folding Stock - WOOD" on airsoftmegastore or just search up "CM031" or "CM047C" on airsoft gi. Also, if you wanna take apart your ak just look up a guide as 74s and wood 47s have the vfc takedown style and it requires some heavy stuff to pop pins out and to tap the front off. Once you get the hang of it its a breeze. And also you have to break it in the first time so its rather difficult to take apart the first two or three times. I'm going to put up a video on how to take apart a vfc style cm048 in a day or two detailing how to do it as its not very complex and extremely easy to do lol.

Edited by jroble95

Ok, first of all, who said that maple leaf upgrades gave you the best range possible, LET ALONE STOCK COMPONENTS?? That makes no sense.

Why AK? M4s are a lot more modular and easily upgradeable. You'd have to be pretty stupid to end up with a crappy and off brand M4.

I don't know why you're posting crap like this because none of it makes any sense to even me, and you're not being helpful.

its almost like you never learned to read properly. I said you have to go with all maple leaf parts or keep it all stock if you want it to function properly, and I explained why it was like this in detail and your still confused about it. Also, I'd refer to that post jimbibblo made with the m4 vs ak thing and attachments are completely pointless unless you fit a role like a dmr guy or something or you need a flashlight because your field is dark, which doesn't need rails to attach.

Also, the real question is, why are you following me around replying to all my shît and even insulting me?

I'm not insulting you, and I'm not following you around.. I have better things to do. I got a notification for a new post on those topics because I had already posted on them before, and I wanted to clear up any confusion there was for the OPs.