Sign in to follow this  
The Insider

Mystery Boxes, are they really worth it?

Mystery Boxes.... Worth it?   

4 members have voted

1. 1. Have you invest in a Mystery box and are you happy with the result?

• Yes, I Purchased and very happy with the result.
    • Yes, I Purchased and am Ok with what I got.
    • Yes, I Purchased but feel riped off with what I got
    • No, have never and never will Purchase a mystery box.

As a Manufacturer / exporter / retailer myself I always see other companies offering mystery boxes several years ago and honestly I didn't think they would last once everyone understands how they are operated. Most retailers don't make such offers.

But obviously its seems to be working for those that do, as its something that seems to be not going away.
And as there is a total lack of intel and proof of what is really happening, as I believe the majority of mystery box players... are getting played.

Maybe everyone is happy ? maybe every one too embarrassed to say they got sucked in? maybe getting a random cheap gun, foregrip, knee pads was just ok for you?

And surely there must be some big winners out there?

Please let us your mystery box story... what you paid for? and what you got? and from where?

Most sites that sell mystery boxes provide a chart showing the possibility of each item, the specs, and the cost. You always more than you pay for, so there is never a chance of getting ripped off. If people are okay with getting something random, then it is really up to them whether they buy it or not. Sometimes the chances of getting something double what you payed for is the same as something only ten dollars more than you payed for, so sometimes it could be worth the risk. Also many choose to sell the item they received brand new online if they did not receive something that they were pleased with. :)

Thank you for your opinion, but sadly due to your post count your comments don't carry much weight.

Most sites that sell mystery boxes provide a chart showing the possibility of each item, the specs, and the cost.

This seems at least like a good idea then, but only if the consumer believes everything they are being told.
There is no proof, or accountability anywhere in the process.

Also note, some sites have stopped selling mystery boxes, I wonder why?

You always more than you pay for, so there is never a chance of getting ripped off.

This would ok, if the items you have paid for are actually that valuable.
When in reality that foregrip you got listed at $9.95 was actually brought for $2.90 wholesale and only actually cost $0.90 to manufacturer.

eg: everyone is getting ripped off everyday.

I think the biggest mistake a consumer can make is... "the corporation is your friend" and your lucky cause today we want to give you something for free.

again thank you for your opinion .

Maybe we can hear from someone that has actuality experience it for good or bad.

This would ok, if the items you have paid for are actually that valuable.

When in reality that foregrip you got listed at $9.95 was actually brought for $2.90 wholesale and only actually cost $0.90 to manufacturer.

eg: everyone is getting ripped off everyday.

Obviously all items you purchase are sold for more than they are worth. How else would the provider make their money? Keep in mind that ALL items cost more than the amount they were produced for, not just items sold in mystery boxes.