The Insider

CA thinking out side of the box.

Classic Army are offering some cheaper external upgraded models
As they seem to be cheaper than the original models, there could be a few bargains to be had here

http://classicarmyshop.com/special.html

There's a couple of model I would be keen on, but also a couple others I think as ugly. lol.

but the overall savings in parts make all of them worthy.

Anyone else keen on a bargain ?

or are they just too ugly! lol.

Their custom guns don't look atrocious, but it is going to depend on the person. Highly custom guns are only going to appeal to people with specific taste. But I guess they have to move in that direction in order to keep up with other companies that are offering custom and pre-accessorized guns.

I didn't realize you could order directly from their site. Looks like my hopes of getting one of their MP5s with a lighted foregrip isn't crushed.

Oh... by shunning... you mean not buying, so every time I buy KFC, I'm shunning mcd's yes ..lol.

That could partly be to the general down turn in the industry over the last few years.
So yes the new website would be another income stream in these leaner times.
But I'm sure you would be rather surprised if your really knew the truth about how much OEM they really still move.
Actually.. it would be a surprised to many to know, they are even making parts (not compatible to airsoft) for RS companies. lol.

Edited by The Insider

Guest alberty

Oh... by shunning... you mean not buying, so every time I buy KFC, I'm shunning mcd's yes ..lol.

That could partly be to the general down turn in the industry over the last few years.

So yes the new website would be another income stream in these leaner times.

But I'm sure you would be rather surprised if your really knew the truth about how much OEM they really still move.

Actually.. it would be a surprised to many to know, they are even making parts (not compatible to airsoft) for RS companies. lol.

Classic Army making real gun parts? What kind?

lol, what do you think the RS community would do if they ever found out... lol.
Due to the industry repercussions, (least of all a close friend could get fired) I'm gonna have to keep mum on that one.
But don't worry, its probably something your not using and even if you were and knew it, it probably wouldn't change anything.

A lot of Airsoft items have made it into Real Steel...this is not new for those that participate in both realms

Rails are common

Castle nuts

Barrel nuts

Stocks

Sights

Some controls

Dust Covers

Fasteners

Many more items...heck all my real AR builds have a rail system from airsoft...why not...its just as good if not better and costs 1/5th of the real thing...which tells you potentially how much mark-up is on the real stuff.

Which reminds me...back in the day. King Arms made 1/2x28 threaded steel flash hiders...AEG's never caught on with US threading and went 14mm. But, I have one and its on my new AR Pistol Upper in .223 Wylde - 10.5"

AR Pistol in .300 AAC Blackout - Burris Eliminator I. "Deer Pistol"

26397762471_0b8902d30e_b.jpg

Longest shot taken - 412 yards...missed by 8" at 9:30 position due to wind. Airsoft parts content...~27%

Edited by Guges Mk3

looks great... although I would prefer some form of stock.

and yes... its not hard blurring the lines... just avoid talking to the rs purest about it lol.

I got to use this rental for a couple days in a 6 days of training with the NBI... sadly being the noob of the group I was given the runt of the litter model with no rear sight.
so lucky... I had my airsoft scope with me.
Although its a little weird using a scope for some of the drills when the target is only 5m in front of you. lol
still,... better than shooting with no rear sight.

bHAmzP0.jpg

forgive my noobness. no deer here. ;)

googling it I see that now... but can't see why?

at a guess I would say its law? or got to give the deer a chance... lol

Please educate me on the term. TY.

ar pistols are called pistols because of the lack of a proper stock. you fire it as you would a rifle just without a stock. they cost cheaper as well. like I mentioned, due to the lack of stock

AR Pistols are allowed in the US due to what mrBeny says.

It cannot have a buffer tube that allows mounting of a stock and the overall length of the "pistol" must be under 26".

If it mounts a stock then it is a SBR and you MUST have a tax stamp for it. If it is over 26" it is considered to be an "other" firearm and cannot be used as a "pistol".

That is why the new sub-caliber of .300 BLK is popular. It is classified as a "large pistol" cartridge yet it very good for "hunting".

FBI is adopting it as a new caliber for their AR's...and the Army is considering it.

CA making real gun parts.

That doesn't surprise me at all since they moved their operation to Taiwan. And Taiwan is a loaded with small machine shops that can actually produce good quality parts. Don't even get me started with mold injection shops....

It is already a known fact that firearm industry already know these shops also made stuff for airsoft they just don't advertise it and there is no reason to.

Edited by Allizard

I had run the KWA G36c from 2009 to 2012. It was a fantastic gun stock as long as the hopup bucking was swapped. I literally had well over 150k rounds on it. This thread just brought memories of what I thought was a pretty good gun. I heard the first gen KWA in 2007 and was not fond of it. I bought a 2004-2005 G&P which I still have today.