Sign in to follow this  
Toruc

Airgun vs airsoftgun

So I've done quite some digging around on the interwebzzzz to see which gun fits me best and honnestly. I still have no clue, so let me shortly sketch you the situation.

In November, on my birthday (yay!) I receiver a Blackwater 1911 R2 CO2 airgun. I loved it, absolutely loved it. I've always been a big fan of the 1911 and this one looked very realiztic, had the perfect size and weight, it was accurate, the blowback was amazing. I mean it was a :censored2: dream.

Now about two months ago I was shooting some cans in my backyards when the gas started leaking... Or like... nearly exploded. I think the valve broke, not an expert, but when putting in a new can of CO2 it would empty itself as a mountain of ice cold white powder.

It was still under warranty and I brought it back to the store; Fast forward two weeks and they email me the manufacturer refuses to send parts and I can exchange it for a new gun in their assortment. But guess what? Not a single 1911 with the airguns.

But they have an airsoft section too and you guys probably know better than me how many 1911's you find in there.

So I started wondering, what's the difference? Do I need airgun or is airsoft enough. Quick overview of what I do with the gun:

Shooting cans of coke and paper targets between 2 and 20 meters.

No selfdefens. I don't use it at a range, I don't do pest-control. I don't play airsoft (unfortunatly).

I just hoot up my backyard for funzzys.

I still have a bunch of BB's and 12g CO2 cans so switching to a new platform also has that drawback. So what do you think? Airgun? Airsofgun?

What you have is a KWC product and in reality they are not very good.

Just get 4.5mm replacement magazines and your leak issue would have been addressed.

BTW..the Blackwater name is going away. It is a disgraceful company that no longer exists.

What you have is a KWC product and in reality they are not very good.

Just get 4.5mm replacement magazines and your leak issue would have been addressed.

BTW..the Blackwater name is going away. It is a disgraceful company that no longer exists.

The store has no mags, otherwise I could've done that ;)

Still wondering air vs airsoft!

whatever you are doing sounds like airsoft guns can do it just fine...pop can, paper target. I think because of hopup, airsoft has a better range

you can't use your steel bbs but the co2 can be used. if you are doing backyard shooting I would like to suggest bio bbs..a bit more expensive but they eventually dissolve. It takes a long time but at least it will...

The CYMA AK47 TACTICAL is within my price-range. Any experience with CYMA?

cyma is perfect company. I would trust them with any gun :). just make sure to get a better battery

cyma is perfect company. I would trust them with any gun :). just make sure to get a better battery

I don't know man...you are talking about a product that's produced illegally from their own country. Which just happened that particular country is very low on the trustworthy scale.