Hi guys,

Have an AK here, with an issue that I'd like some advice on. People may have come across this before.

The issue is, on fully auto, the AK misses multiple shots, as well as firing multiple BBs on some shots, or basically rolling BBs out of the barrel.

I stripped the gun down and (as I had no clue on the brand) discovered it has (99.9% sure) a CYMA V2 gearbox in. I disassembled this, as there may just be an obvious issue.

I have tried a different mag, from a friend, which works perfectly in his AK. This was my first port of call. I then disassembled the gearbox and checked as mentioned. Nothing obvious, so I then extended the sector gear delay, with an extra peg, in case the air nozzle wasn't holding back for long enough. This hasn't fixed the issue at all.

I manufactured the peg myself so haven't wasted money so far, and rather than waste money, I'd much rather ask someone who's experienced in AEG repair.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

id suggest "wasting" your money lmao. it's not a waste of money. it's a use of money. big difference. the sector chips made by companies are designed to specifications to not tear up your tappet plate. if you can show pictures of the one you made, on the sector gear, I could see what it looks like and see what shape it is and if it'll tear somethin up in your gb

id suggest "wasting" your money lmao. it's not a waste of money. it's a use of money. big difference. the sector chips made by companies are designed to specifications to not tear up your tappet plate. if you can show pictures of the one you made, on the sector gear, I could see what it looks like and see what shape it is and if it'll tear somethin up in your gb

I meant wasting money in buying random parts that may not fix anything. The pin in the sector gear is already larger than the ones I've seen on the net. I just turned up another steel pin and fitted it into the next hole available. I then greased it with some light grease, so that shouldn't have an issue on the tappet plate.

But like I said, it hasn't done a thing, the issue is still *exactly* the same.

push down on the air nozzle. does it go back all the way? good. now fire the gun and see if the nozzle goes back all the way while firing. if not, you have a tappet plate issue.

When sat idle, it sits slightly above the metal inner of the air nozzle. When firing, it pulls the air nozzle back all the way, releases it, and then leaves it sat a little bit further forward again. It is around 1-2mm from the steps in the front of the nozzle. Is this within tolerance or would this be the cause?

If this is the case, I guess a possible remedy could be a slightly shorter spring?

put the gun together and look in the hopup while firing. it the nozzle is inside the tube where the bbs feed into, then that's why you are having feed issues. I forgot how I fixed this problem

Guest alberty

Hi guys,

Have an AK here, with an issue that I'd like some advice on. People may have come across this before.

The issue is, on fully auto, the AK misses multiple shots, as well as firing multiple BBs on some shots, or basically rolling BBs out of the barrel.

I stripped the gun down and (as I had no clue on the brand) discovered it has (99.9% sure) a CYMA V2 gearbox in. I disassembled this, as there may just be an obvious issue.

I have tried a different mag, from a friend, which works perfectly in his AK. This was my first port of call. I then disassembled the gearbox and checked as mentioned. Nothing obvious, so I then extended the sector gear delay, with an extra peg, in case the air nozzle wasn't holding back for long enough. This hasn't fixed the issue at all.

I manufactured the peg myself so haven't wasted money so far, and rather than waste money, I'd much rather ask someone who's experienced in AEG repair.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

What does this extra peg look like? Timing issues of the tappet plate can contribute to feeding problems.

put the gun together and look in the hopup while firing. it the nozzle is inside the tube where the bbs feed into, then that's why you are having feed issues. I forgot how I fixed this problem

It sits pretty of the edge by around 0.1mm-0.2mm. This is enough to stop a BB passing when it's idle, however when it's pulling back the nozzle ready to fire, the BB drops in. Is this the issue? Or is the spring in the mag able to provide the loading speed as the nozzle pulls back?

What does this extra peg look like? Timing issues of the tappet plate can contribute to feeding problems.

it's a circular peg, dimensionally identical to the one in the gear. I put it in the next hole, to provide delay. This however had no effect on the firing, and the issue was the same.

airsoft_cyma_ak_gearbox_v3_internals_ein

This is the same sector gear as I have, I have mimicked the peg and put it in the hole to the left of the stock peg. This should, in theory, delay the nozzle, and allow the BB to properly feed. Another possible issue may be that the stock peg is delaying *too* much, and causing the nozzle not to meet the back of the BB in time for the firing?

I appreciate the help guys.

I think it's your mag if your friend's mag feeds well

Guest alberty

Right, if your homemade peg thing isn't moving the tappet plate at the right timing, it can cause feeding, FPS, and/or consistency issues.

That's why commercially-made sector gear delayers have a certain shape.

Edited by alberty

Right, if your homemade peg thing isn't moving the tappet plate at the right timing, it can cause feeding, FPS, and/or consistency issues.

That's why commercially-made sector gear delayers have a certain shape.

Yeah, I just tried it as a quick attempt. Unfortunately commercial delayers don't seem to fit the stock peg that's currently in there.

Yeah, I just tried it as a quick attempt. Unfortunately commercial delayers don't seem to fit the stock peg that's currently in there.

modify a retro arms delayer if it's too big.

EDIT: I just took another look at your gear. that looks to be too big. maybe buy another sector gear? if not, just take it to a tech. all I can say

Edited by mrbeny127