to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
getsafeyo

Help, UTG Shadow Ops L96 Bolt does not stay Back

Hello,

I am new to the forum and would really like some advice from some more knowledgeable airsoft players. I have a UTG L96 Sniper rifle that seems to have broken over night. The bolt simply will not stay back. You can pull the bolt move it, but it just springs forward. Is this related to a damaged trigger box? Would replacing it with a metal one fix the problem or could there be somethings completely different causing this issue? Thanks for the help!

yes it is.it wouldn't be worth it to buy a new trigger box. it'd be worth it to buy a jg bar 10 as they are some of the best starting sniper rifles for the price and the performance.

Guest alberty

Before you buy a new trigger box, please inspect your current one.

Make sure it is not just loose from the internals, such as loose screws.

Also look at the sears in the trigger box, such as the thing that keeps the bolt cocked, and also maybe look the spring guide inside of the cylinder and make sure that is not damaged or worn either.

If you make the correct diagnosis, then you know what to buy.

huh. ive never seen a trigger box that low in price. ive always thought them to be around 100.

Guest alberty

Thanks everyone for the reply the issue I notice right away is one of the places where the trigger box is held down (one of the holes that a screw goes into) is cracked on the trigger box. It still allows you to screw it down but seems to be a little lose does that sound like it is the issue?

Okay, it sounds like you might have a plastic trigger box shell, and it is cracked. That is a very common problem with these models.

You could buy an OEM metal trigger box replacement (sometimes, contains all the same internals in it), or even seek an aftermarket one.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Metal_Trigger_Box_Assembly_for_Type_96_Sniper_Rifles/3391 here is a link to the trigger box I am thinking about buying. It seems like it would be a slight upgrade since it is metal and it would make my gun work again.

Remember this is Airsoft. Do not equate metal items being quality items. Many metal parts are cheap alloys that wear faster than good polymer parts sometimes.