to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

okay so im thinking of doing shortstroking due to the amount of overspin im getting. I use an ab mosfet for this but the motor gets hot pretty quick while using the ab option. im already running at about 405 fps with perfect compression on a settled cyma stock spring that ive been running for about a year. I want to getthe same fps and don't want too much as in tennessee, at the airsoft fields I will play at, the fps limit is 370 with .25s but since they know me, they let me go a little over. so how can I achieve that fps with an m130 spring? how many teeth do I need to short stroke? keep in mind I don't own a dremel.

bushing? like the metal part inside cyma pistons? and im trying to go with the more reliable and best option here.

I'm not trying to lower fps. I'm trying to do a more practical way of removing overspin. adding a higher power spring, short stroking to accomadate for the fps I need. I want to reach 380-410 fps with an m130. I have an m110 equivelent at the moment with perfect compression. how many teeth do I need to remove to reach the desired fps on an m130?

I'm not trying to lower fps. I'm trying to do a more practical way of removing overspin. adding a higher power spring, short stroking to accomadate for the fps I need. I want to reach 380-410 fps with an m130. I have an m110 equivelent at the moment with perfect compression. how many teeth do I need to remove to reach the desired fps on an m130?

That depends...remember the "system"...

M120 should stop your over spin and put you at the FPS you want.

That depends...remember the "system"...

M120 should stop your over spin and put you at the FPS you want.

I understand, guges. but I am already at the fps I want. I just need to fix overspin ;). since I am going to be using an 11.1v

Since you have a 16 tooth piston, each tooth accounts for roughly 1/16th of the total energy of the spring. An M130 spring is 1.69J which means each tooth is about 0.10J.

If you're goal is to hit 405fps, that is 123.4 mps or 1.52J. 1.69-1.52=0.17. Rounding up to the nearest tooth, you would need to take 2 teeth off your piston.

This however, is an estimation, as while the teeth are evenly spaced apart, they do not account equally for the springs power since our springs don't necessarily produce their power in a linear fashion. I would personally take 2 teeth off, and then test and see where the gun is at.

thank you airborne. that's exactly what I wanted to hear!

Remind me again....is your AEG is firing twice in Semi?

it literally is about to. like on an 11.1 the piston goes all the way back in semi after the first shot. like a precocking mechanism but I get very inconsistent shots. so I bought an ab mosfet with the option to take off the ab. it works great. just one problem. motor gets hot pretty quickly and id rather not damage the motor with the ab function. and eliminate overspin with the m130 and shortstroking to meet my necessary fps standards