jamesnater

Looking for first competitive AEG... Details inside.

I've had little airsoft toys here and there growing up (grew up in Japan). And I have a Tokyo marui compact boyz HG tavor that's fun around the garage and all but doesn't seem like anything to take seriously. With that said, I'm looking for a competitive AEG I can upgrade and whatnot.

- I'm looking to spend no more than $500 AEG +upgrades/mods

- I'd prefer a bullpup, trying to stay away from a Tavor simply because my best friend bought one already, but if it fits best for what I'm looking for, then that's okay. If not bullpup, I'd like something compact, maybe g36c? MP5? Is the CZ Skorpion SBR converted pistol available in Airsoft? Because that would be my favorite.maybe Kriss Vector if available too?

- We'll playing on a farm, 1 8-10ft tall stand/platform with cover, 1 barn with several ways in and out and many partitions, another smaller trailer, and a hut like thing, plus some trees, lots of obstacles in between. So more than likely will be short to mid range. So I'd like to be able to spray up close when necessary, but do not want to sacrifice too much FPS or range for ROF. I'd like to around 400-440fps range. Priorities are FPS, range, then ROF.

So I'm looking for suggestions based on all that. I'd also like to know where to buy the AEG and all upgrades for it that I'd need.

I'm a noob, but have been reading tons, but I tend to nerd out and I need sleep at night haha, so thanks in advance for all the help!!

There is a very small percentage of AEG's that hit over 400fps.

FPS =/= Range

I have a pistol that shoots as far as most AEG's but I am only plinking at 330fps with 28g bbs.

I would suggest a compact AR or AK. But, if you get a Tavor you can share mags with your friend.

Why compact AR or AK? More availability for upgrades? I guess I am looking for more range, but I'm worried about how long it'll take for the bb to get the target and having to lead my aim if they're moving...

150 feet away - 400fps - Time of Flight = ~.37 Seconds

150 feet away - 330fps - Time of Flight = ~.45 Seconds

is .08 seconds that much of a variable for you?

Now if you shot a slower heavier bb...it would get there faster.

So says Physics - Law of Inertia.

As for Compact AR/AK...its an option for you to stay small but not have a bullpup. Bullpup is not heavily supported for an Airsoft Platform.

Edited by Guges Mk3

I guess when you do the math it's not much of a difference... haha

I ended up buying a KWA H&K G36C. Thanks for the input!

There is a very small percentage of AEG's that hit over 400fps.

FPS =/= Range

I have a pistol that shoots as far as most AEG's but I am only plinking at 330fps with 28g bbs.

I would suggest a compact AR or AK. But, if you get a Tavor you can share mags with your friend.

yes, its all about barrel quality, hopup unit quality, nub type, compression, barrel width, bb quality, blah blah blah. sharing mags is a bad idea, being able to share mags is a bad idea aswell(I see people do it and they lose mags often, their dumb friends sometimes break their mags aswell). But because hes asian and has the serious advantage of being short(I have asian friends, go away, im not racist lol) I'd go with a small light gun, which I wish I could run with but as a person thats 5'10" I'm stuck with full-sizers. Just get some ak with a good spring, or you could go with something exotic like that wierd bullpup ak which is pretty nice, probably pstar it if its possible because its a gas gun, put a 6.01x500 in there somehow, hook a supressor up to it so you can troll the fúck out of people on the enemy team and hide in a bush. We have an asian guy at our field and this guy isf awsome at holding positions even with a shîtty camo pat because he likes to run with a striped blue and white shirt cause he does the russian paratrooper medic thing. But hey, do whatever you want, I don't know anything about pstarrng gas rifles, I do know a little bit about pstaring gas pistols though and I highly doubt its any different if you get the right mags lol.

I remember when I used to run with nothing but 2 high caps and a 90 dollar 74u, I woudl either break my back hiding behind shîtty cover or because I wasnt wearing anything but a t shirt and cargos I would get behind cover behind super tiny trees, fold my stock and never get hit. Fun times, now im into flanking really hard with my fullsizer and relying on shock and confusion as I shoot baddies in the back and dodging fire if they ever do get the chance to turn around by running at a 45 degree angle to the fire, I also outrange people because I run with an m120. You should try that as youd most likely be better than me at both of them if you play sneakily-aggressively enough.

Edited by jimbibblo

I've already learned a ton, and played multiple games. So I realize now the noob move I was making for high fps. I assume this is typical haha. Got a kwa g36c elite, and krytac trident pdw for CQB.

Also I'm half Filipino half Puerto Rican, barely counts as Asian in my book haha. I grew up in Japan because I'm a military brat.

if I were you, I'd buy this and only this as it's the perfect gun for you

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/10144-410-fps-ak74un-cm035-airsoft-aeg-rifle-faux-wood-cyma-cm035-vpower.aspx

stick a 6.01 in that bad boy, get some bbs between .25 and .35 and your ready to go, as you progress in weight of bb, you gun gets quieter, you get a little bit of a range increase, people call their hits more often because the bb maintains it's kinetic energy because of air resistance being less of a problem, and if you use a good batch of bbs, you can get some nice groupings lol. Also a 6.01 greatly increases your quietness lol, although the 74u has that thing on the end that amplifies it's sound like those cups on pstars do, you could probably fix it in some way, maybe attach a supressor to it.

But yeah, if your wanting power, after you put a 6.01 in there, you could have it hit like 460-470 fps with a .2

Eh, I do not like AKs.

I already have a kwa g36c, did some upgrades I probably should have just left alone, didn't correct AoE.... A new gearset and gearbox and everything else later I now have a gun that is super quiet, has precocking, etc etc. I learned a valuable lesson through all of this and gained some tech skills as well haha!

As for my Krytac Trident PDW, I've only swapped the spring for a m90 to make legal for full auto at The Airsoft Center where I play cqb often. M90 Spring I use a 7.4v and whatever the stock spring is I use an 11.1v. M90 w/ 11.1v caused problems feeding and over cycling.

Next gun will be a CO2 pistol, and a the licensed FN SCAR-H gbbr for milsims.

Eh, I do not like AKs.

I already have a kwa g36c, did some upgrades I probably should have just left alone, didn't correct AoE.... A new gearset and gearbox and everything else later I now have a gun that is super quiet, has precocking, etc etc. I learned a valuable lesson through all of this and gained some tech skills as well haha!

As for my Krytac Trident PDW, I've only swapped the spring for a m90 to make legal for full auto at The Airsoft Center where I play cqb often. M90 Spring I use a 7.4v and whatever the stock spring is I use an 11.1v. M90 w/ 11.1v caused problems feeding and over cycling.

Next gun will be a CO2 pistol, and a the licensed FN SCAR-H gbbr for milsims.

well, atleast you have a g36 instead XD. But still, youll find some very good reliability off of aks and their easily customizable.

Hell, I did an apocalypse stain job on my cm048:

I understand that, but my friend's kwa co2 1911 had such a good kick I fell in love. And I see they also have an m&p 9 I think, which I already have a holster for since I have a Vfc m&p9 gas gun... Which had already dropped to 175-200fps.

I got it back up to 275ish with cleaning and re-lubricating the piston & cylinder with a more viscous silicone oil (RC Differential fluid), but the bucking is a little too soft causing possible leaks through it (replaced with softer bucking to fix the 1st 2 shots Hop up failure problem). It's also too short to really add anything to help it seal better.

I love the M&P 9/40 pistols, but there doesn't seem to be a reliable one out of the box in the market... At least that I know of. 😕

I understand that, but my friend's kwa co2 1911 had such a good kick I fell in love. And I see they also have an m&p 9 I think, which I already have a holster for since I have a Vfc m&p9 gas gun... Which had already dropped to 175-200fps.

I got it back up to 275ish with cleaning and re-lubricating the piston & cylinder with a more viscous silicone oil (RC Differential fluid), but the bucking is a little too soft causing possible leaks through it (replaced with softer bucking to fix the 1st 2 shots Hop up failure problem). It's also too short to really add anything to help it seal better.

I love the M&P 9/40 pistols, but there doesn't seem to be a reliable one out of the box in the market... At least that I know of.

I absolutely loved my kjw mk1 nbb, 430 fps with .2s is a hell of a thing and it has identical performance to the mk23 afaik