Sign in to follow this  
MO0C0W

DMR Build

First off it's a pleasure to be here in this outstanding community!

So this will my first major build. Any tips or do and donts are very much welcomed.

Evike ID's

Infinity Core Hydra 7" Mock suppressor

Angel Custom Ultimate Upgrade High Performance AEG cylinder set

Prometheus Reinforced Double Torque aeg gear set

Krytac trident spr-wolf grey

Angel Custom 590mm 6.01 tightbore with rhop installed

Matrix spring guide

Matrix silica aeg hopup bucking

G&P M180S Satan High Performance aeg motor

Modify quantum piston with titanium coated metal teeth

Guarder m150

Thanks for looking everyone!! =)

You have some misconceptions on what is "good" or needed.

590mm is to long.

Why do you have a full rack piston with titanium coated teeth?

Those full rack pistons have a design flaw. You would be better off with a half rack piston like super core and any other POM piston.

Tienly GT 30K is better than Satan.

Angel Custom is junk and those parts would constitute s Downgrade. You don't need a new spring guide.

You don't need torque gears if your getting a torque motor.

Same for the Matrix Hop-Up packing. Instead get Maple Leaf Packing and Nub

It has nothing to do with the outer barrel.

A V2 Cylinder has only so much air that can be converted into pressure. That volume is insufficient to blow a bb out a 590mm barrel while accelerating. So, what you will suffer is a decelerating bb before it leaves the barrel.

Without knowing texture of the bbs you shoot and the condition of your hop-up. I would say start in the middle and 65 and see from there.

I need to understand your thinking.

Explain to me how you think a Torque motor and Torque gears will help "it" last longer.

Torque gears are a throw back item. When motors back say ~14 years ago came in ONE speed or TORQUE level. One needed Torque gears to pull a heavier spring. But, in this day and age with HT motors...you do not NEED Torque gears any more.

Edited by Guges Mk3

You need to wait for Allizard to chime in about his mechboxes.

With any other model except a KWA 2GX. It will not survive long at repeated beatings at 500fps.

Now if you use a V2L mechbox...that can be converted for a DMR with much less stress.

Yeah I was reading some posts of his.. Def seems like the Krytac man to speak to. M150 seems a bit much, however my goal is still around 500 fps so maybe an m135 or m140. They do seem to have very well built gear boxes. Maybe 500 mm Prometheus?? There's a lot of talk about one piece cylinders for the best compression. After days of reading up, I think I'm starting to understand a little more. It seems to be a bit of trial and error on builds, with multiple things being accounted for.

Looks like you have a pretty good sized budget. If you can afford it I would suggest a Polarstar F1. With a regulator and tank you will be at $550 or so and all you will need to worry about is the hop-up and barrel. Installation and maintenance is a no brainier and FPS and ROF are adjusted in seconds. The two stage firing system makes for very consistent shooting, I haven't looked back for a moment since I got mine a couple months ago.

I have...I left tethers when I left paintball.

I don't want hoses to snag on junk and I want the ability to get creative with my firing positions.

I want to be able to hand off my gun if I need to or just leave it on the ground.

HPA has its advantages and its disadvantages too.

I've got a a friend that is selling this

Prowin blue hop up, with blue bucking, 6.03 madbull black python tight bore barrel, Mission First tactical battlelink minalimist stock, angled foregrip, Custom silencer. Polar star v2. gen3. VFC M4

Can I put the polar star into the Krytac spr?? What othe mods would I have to do to get 500 fps accurately?

I played with him last week as he runs a local field. He just got a sniper and is wanting to to sell his old build to pay for a gtx1080. I also shot it, and it seemed more than fine. He is a very trustworthy guy. So what do you think? Can I push 500 fps with a red nozzle and that 500 mm promethius barrel, with rhop