Sign in to follow this  
malangon

Need advice on a sniper rifle

My wife has always wanted to be a sniper and I thought an airsoft gun would be a crazy gift to get her. I have NO experience with airsoft.

I'm open to suggestions but I'm looking to spend between 200 and 300 and I'd like something that is as realistic as possible but also accurate and fun to shoot.

So far, I was toying with:

1) Metal - seems like plastic would feel "fake" and I wanted something nice.

2) Blowback - again, realism is the goal

3) Electric? - read an article and this seems to be a higher end option. Does electric come with a blowback model? No idea.

Also would prefer something a little semi-automatic which wouldn't require loading between shots.

Any recommendations?

Again, sorry for the newbie opinions here, first foray into this world.

1. With sniper rifles in your budget range the materials used are somewhat correct. Steel or alloys for barrels and receivers and wood or composite for stocks.

2. Gas blowback: can't get any more real than that. Electric blowback: waste of time. Electric blowback with recoil: these can get well over your budget like Tokyo Marui's Next Gen SCAR H.

3. Generally speaking, automatic electric guns (AEG) are cheaper than gas guns and gas blowback (GBB) guns out of the box. But when upgrading them to perform as sniper rifles, it takes more money on an AEG as it requires a chain of stronger parts to take the abuse of a much stiffer spring.

I'd recommend a WE GBB SVD. The gun itself fits your budget, but you'll need a bit more for the proper Russian optics to go with it. You can cheap out with Western styled optics but it just doesn't look right on such an iconic rifle.

HI

My wife has always wanted to be a sniper and I thought an airsoft gun would be a crazy gift to get her. I have NO experience with airsoft.

I'm open to suggestions but I'm looking to spend between 200 and 300 and I'd like something that is as realistic as possible but also accurate and fun to shoot.

So far, I was toying with:

1) Metal - seems like plastic would feel "fake" and I wanted something nice.

2) Blowback - again, realism is the goal

3) Electric? - read an article and this seems to be a higher end option. Does electric come with a blowback model? No idea.

Also would prefer something a little semi-automatic which wouldn't require loading between shots.

Any recommendations?

Again, sorry for the newbie opinions here, first foray into this world.

I love to play as a sniper. Hide and blowing the heads :eat_arrow:. I am using AGM L96 metal sniper which is an airsoft gun. This one is really great and easy to carry and hope she can also handle it. It will only cost around 150. I am using it for last 6 month.

If you go with a sniper gun, go with a lightweight model so that we can easily run & hide with it.

cheers malangon :red_indian: