Sign in to follow this  
DaChilled

Ak build any tips?

Don't be biased on V2 people...the internals are 85% the same.

Bias is bad too. You can favor something, but don't Assume another platform is bad because you don't use it.

With that...how about supplying details on what you want. Lack of details (in your case) will result in lack of specific answers.

Base Gun - CYMA AK47
Gearbox Specs -

Lonex 8mm V3 Gearbox Shell
Lonex Air Seal Nossle
Lonex AK Motor Cage
Lonex Selector Plate
Sorbothane Pad (Made By AirLab)
ZCI Piston Reinforced - 14 steel teeth
Alloy Piston Head
Lonex Gearbox Spring Set
SPEED Tuneable Trigger (Silver)
Lonex Anti Reversal Latch
Lonex Ball Bearing Spring Guide
Lonex AEG Spring M150
Lonex Cylinder
Lonex Cylinder Head
Lonex A2 Titan Motor
Siegetek Revolution Plus Gear Set With Duel Sector Gear (DSG) 10.44 Ratio
BTC Chimera MK.II Mosfet
Lonex Hop Unit
PDI 6.05mm Precision Steel Barrel
Prometheus Soft Purple AEG Bucking
Custom Parts By
RetroArms.com
Fire Selector & Fixing Screw (Silver)
Dust Cover Button (Silver)

post-93558-0-41557000-1474514846_thumb.jpg

post-93558-0-01766600-1474514848_thumb.jpg

Edited by JD101

ever thought of putting real wood on it?

also, the reason people don't use what they don't know about is that they have no experience with it so its bad simply because they wouldn't know how to operate or repair or modify it as well.

lol, there are alot of Js in here

Edited by airborne101

Don't be biased on V2 people...the internals are 85% the same.

Bias is bad too. You can favor something, but don't Assume another platform is bad because you don't use it.

With that...how about supplying details on what you want. Lack of details (in your case) will result in lack of specific answers.

What about bias based in fact? Bias is just a way for people to stay sane.

Bias based in fact...hmmm.

Let's break that comment up.

Bias: Favor something in prejudice over another.

Based: From a point of reference, a foundation

Fact: A thing/concept that is indisputable

So, you a trying to say that you should always favor the item that is based on fact over all else.

Isn't that what we have always pointed out in our discussions?

And since the internals of a V2 and V3 are the same (gears, cylinder, piston, spring) and similar (spring guide, cylinder head) etc...rest is just configuration. So, how is one significantly better than the other?

stuff I heard:

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/topic/173682-gearbox-v2-vs-v3-differences/?do=findComment&comment=18225102

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/topic/173682-gearbox-v2-vs-v3-differences/?do=findComment&comment=18225703

https://www.facebook.com/Airsofttechbench/posts/588800057848686

http://forum.airsoftnebraska.com/index.php?topic=8738.0

stuff know:

Because of the ability of v3s to use higher power springs from the reinforced front, your cm048 will settle around 50 fps higher than 90% of m4s (without modification). m120s settle around 400 fps generally and m100s settle at 350 so you can get probably an extra 5 feet of total range and like 30 feet of effective range(assuming you use heavy bbs).

Also, on the point about bias, bias based in fact is something that's formed years beforehand with personal experience and research you can't currently pull up so you just have to take their word for it and use occams razor. "William of Ockham. Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor) is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case, the simpler one is usually better. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation is." I could explain further but you get my point, although bringing up facts is always better, its fairly difficult to argue simply because your basing your evidence on assertions from self professed(I know what the meaning is but the ebonic term is what most people know) experts that usually do not provide evidence and you have to look at their abstract to see if their claims are most likely true or not. Also, being paid by a company is usually very obvious as they do it out in the open from what I see. Airsoftology is a glowing example of what I'm talking about.

So by this logic, you can presume that the person is not lying as they have no agenda, they are not selling you the gun nor are they payed by the company as its pretty obvious if their shilling for something. So they most likely, with a high degree of certainty are actual people who, by occams razor had legitimate experiences with products and/or did their own research. You can also look at the facts that companies shill for m4s instead of aks, the most popular review channels are ones that recommend guns with v2 gearboxes are sponsored by major airsoft gun sellers. So, maybe it is because v2s are easier to manufacture, cost less to manufacture, require more repairs or something of that nature because they clearly profit more from m4s than they do from aks, and it might not be because of these reasons I listed but there has to be an explanation for the phenomenon of recommending consumers inferior products. There are plenty of other examples of profiteerism over consumerism/paying their workers, like walmart firing their cashiers and instead using cheap machines that never work, major corporations going overseas to employ third world workers instead of workers from their country of origin simply to cut corners and get more profits, or major companies funding crazy stuff in other countries just to get a cheap source of fruit. You get the point, its cronyism and its a cancer to any market. Consumerism is key in selling products, so is paying workers properly.

Edited by jroble95

How are you defining 'inferior product' when by your own admission the items you seem to be biased against fall outside your personal experience. Whereas your bias for a particular product does not appear to lie in a rational and direct comparison. It is dangerous to adopt a negative bias based on "stuff I heard" because once the seed is planted it is all too easy to reinforce that bias by disregarding what doesn't fit with your view.

How are you defining 'inferior product' when by your own admission the items you seem to be biased against fall outside your personal experience.

I define an inferior product as something that is not as good as the other option pricewise, durabilitywise or usability. I try to base my bias in fact and so far it's been working out well, I already stated well known things. I never admitted I didn't have personal experience with the other platforms as I've played with both and I did research on both and what I say is what I have extrapolated from facts and experience with handling and playing. Also personal experience is not valid simply because you are not a sample size of 1000+ people, sure you can look at what people say as a collective and tally votes but most people are heavily influenced by what big companies like airsoftgi say about their products. They are taught to advertise and cannot have an accurate personal experience with a product because of their bias.

Whereas your bias for a particular product does not appear to lie in a rational and direct comparison.

Prove that my bias is not rational, not by saying that all bias is irrational, challenge me on what I say, ask for evidence or rationalizations of things. Don't just assert something, I require evidence to support your what you claimed, you're not supposed to have a conclusion and only a conclusion.

It is dangerous to adopt a negative bias based on "stuff I heard" because once the seed is planted it is all too easy to reinforce that bias by disregarding what doesn't fit with your view.

I would agree with your statement but I do not see how you made the case to connect this with what I said, this is simply an accusation after a string of assertions. I would also agree with what you said about the stuff I heard thing but I explained why occams razor is the rationalization I used for this and it seems that you diddn't read what I said fully. Yes confirmation bias is a thing, but you have to prove that I have a confirmation bias first.

Edited by jroble95

I don't have to prove I don't have a bias as I just stated I have a bias and I said it was rational. To prove my bias to be rational though, defeats the purpose of the bias in the first place and that's to have a world view, a way of looking at things so I don't have to pull up something I saw 3 years ago on a forum I don't remember the name of. You just have to take my word for it based on occams razor, I have no agenda. Cyma doesn't pay me, I'm purely consumerist and the abstract of this supports that idea.

ALSO, you just committed a logical fallacy, you cannot prove a negative. A similar example of what you did is basically saying "prove that god does not exist" or "prove that you do not own a gun" which is physically impossible.

in laymans terms, take a look at russel's teapot, and/or think about how I could possibly prove something that is a mindset without asserting it or tampering with the results of the test via more bias.

Edited by jroble95

stuff I heard:

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/topic/173682-gearbox-v2-vs-v3-differences/?do=findComment&comment=18225102

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/topic/173682-gearbox-v2-vs-v3-differences/?do=findComment&comment=18225703

https://www.facebook.com/Airsofttechbench/posts/588800057848686

http://forum.airsoftnebraska.com/index.php?topic=8738.0

stuff know:

Because of the ability of v3s to use higher power springs from the reinforced front, your cm048 will settle around 50 fps higher than 90% of m4s (without modification). m120s settle around 400 fps generally and m100s settle at 350 so you can get probably an extra 5 feet of total range and like 30 feet of effective range(assuming you use heavy bbs).

I'm just going to address this little section here since I need to waste 40 minutes before I can leave work.

Your links are vague. What is the point by using them? Rather you should pull out the information you are trying to use versus making us "guess" what your trying to convey. Directly reinforce your point of view to help us understand. it would help your argument better.

++++++++

"V3 being able to use higher powered springs from the reinforced front."

Hmm...please point out the part of a V3 that is "reinforced".

Please cite how a spring in a CYMA V3 AEG will settle at a higher rate than the same spring in a V2 mechbox.

My G&P has a M120 in it and it nuts on 398fps with .20 after 3 years of use on the stock spring. How is this different from the 400fps you are citing for a M120? Other than the 2fps discrepancy.

the cymas with the m120 springs in them are cheap as hell, you can get em for as low as 130$ each(I saw a deal once, and they dip that low very often) the v3 mechbox is capable of running m120 springs without using sorbathane pads(mouse pads) like the upgraded dmrs using m120s and above. Sure some v2 users come stock with m120s but they don't go lower than 165 bucks.

my point was that if you were to upgrade a v3 gearbox or buy a v3 user, it will handle an m120 fine without modifications and be cheaper(to mod and to buy). If you want to use a v2 for that kind of upgrade, you need to do stuff to it.

v3s with m120s are cheaper than v2s with m120s.

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/1913-jg-airsoft-full-metal-gearbox-lr-16-ris-aeg-rifle.aspx

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/1912-jg-m16a1-vn-vietnam-full-metal-gearbox-airsoft-aeg-rifle.aspx

I don't trust the lancer tactical m4s to actually have m120s in them as they lie about fps and it could either be a lie about the spring or a loss in translation.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/uploads/gallery/album_849/gallery_93507_849_40344.png

my cm048 came cheaper but this is a good example of what they currently have dealwise.

This is evidence of the better durability, as in I can drop my gun more times before it breaks than you can. Not my gun can last longer if I pamper it.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/uploads/gallery/album_849/gallery_93507_849_658818.png

I never said that the v3 with an m120 settles at the same velocity as a v2 with the same spring. I was citing the cyma's line of cm.35+s as having m120s in them. Both have the same power, one is more durable, points better, has sights that are better for airsoft, has highly customizable wood, a higher magazine capacity, costs less, has a better magazine release, is easier to take apart, has a more durable gearbox, doesn't function on the O-ring system, comes with a superior hop up unit, can have as many rails as you want and is more unique when customized. The cyma cm0.35+ simply blows anything with an m120 spring and isnt a cyma, E&L or meister ak completely out of the water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB9WgR_N4h4

Edited by jroble95

the cymas with the m120 springs in them are cheap as hell, you can get em for as low as 130$ each(I saw a deal once, and they dip that low very often) the v3 mechbox is capable of running m120 springs without using sorbathane pads(mouse pads) like the upgraded dmrs using m120s and above. Sure some v2 users come stock with m120s but they don't go lower than 165 bucks.

Many V2 have M120 in them stock. Krytac, G&P....anything that shoots 400fps+ has that level of spring and None of them come with Sorbo stock.

This one does...its even under 100.00

http://www.evike.com/products/50541/

As well as this one < This is the far better magazine release.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_166&products_id=15761

I can find more...

++++++++++++++

"I never said that the v3 with an m120 settles at the same velocity as a v2 with the same spring."

No you said it settles higher.

"your cm048 will settle around 50 fps higher than 90% of m4s (without modification)"

I'm saying it will settle the same if the spring is the same.

++++++++++++++

"I was citing the cyma's line of cm.35+s as having m120s in them. Both have the same power, one is more durable, points better, has sights that are better for airsoft, has highly customizable wood, a higher magazine capacity, costs less, has a better magazine release, is easier to take apart, has a more durable gearbox, doesn't function on the O-ring system, comes with a superior hop up unit, can have as many rails as you want and is more unique when customized. The cyma cm0.35+ simply blows anything with an m120 spring and isnt a cyma ak completely out of the water."

Sights is a relative issue...not many people really use sights after awhile.

How can you "Customize wood"?

Yes...hicaps are bigger...but their midcaps are smaller AK - 150, M4 190

Now I know you have NEVER used an AR before. Try this exercise with your AK

"With your hand on the grip and your other hand reaching for a spare mag. How can "You" drop the spent magazine without your off hand?

AK Magazine Change

https://youtu.be/jU1dxsA8_wQ

M4 Magazine Change

https://youtu.be/z9nn6Er_45M

Taking apart is a relative subject too. As you can see in the above video the upper is off and I can do barrel tweeks. You cannot do that in Any AK with the release of two pins.

I don't have any o-rings in my AR. What are you calling the O-ring system?

The AR is modular, it is not difficult to take apart.

We know your love you CYMA JR...and I know it feels good to be part of a community that uses the same equipment. But, this is airsoft. We all shoot the 6mm ball and with that...that is our commonality as a community. The rest is personal choice...and with that...we chose what makes us happy.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Many V2 have M120 in them stock. Krytac, G&P....anything that shoots 400fps+ has that level of spring and None of them come with Sorbo stock.

I meant upgrading required sorbo pads, don't play stupid with me guges.

This one does...its even under 100.00

http://www.evike.com/products/50541/

As well as this one < This is the far better magazine release.

http://www.airsoftgi...oducts_id=15761

I JUST told you that this was LANCER TACTICAL and it most likely DOES NOT come with an m120 stock as lancer tactical LIES about fps, so they could also lie about springs. I require evidence that it fires 430+ fps out of the box and settles around 400 fps at 1-2 years of use. You should start reading what I say instead of just accusing me of stupid things. Maybe you'll learn something!

"I never said that the v3 with an m120 settles at the same velocity as a v2 with the same spring."

No you said it settles higher.

"your cm048 will settle around 50 fps higher than 90% of m4s (without modification)"

I'm saying it will settle the same if the spring is the same.

You should know what I meant, don't play stupid.

"I was citing the cyma's line of cm.35+s as having m120s in them. Both have the same power, one is more durable, points better, has sights that are better for airsoft, has highly customizable wood, a higher magazine capacity, costs less, has a better magazine release, is easier to take apart, has a more durable gearbox, doesn't function on the O-ring system, comes with a superior hop up unit, can have as many rails as you want and is more unique when customized. The cyma cm0.35+ simply blows anything with an m120 spring and isnt a cyma ak completely out of the water."

Sights is a relative issue...not many people really use sights after awhile.

For 200+ft shots, you should be using sights, to see where your bb goes you need to stop aiming down your sights.

How can you "Customize wood"?

Yes...hicaps are bigger...but their midcaps are smaller AK - 150, M4 190

Now I know you have NEVER used an AR before. Try this exercise with your AK

"With your hand on the grip and your other hand reaching for a spare mag. How can "You" drop the spent magazine without your off hand?

You should be using the maple leaf nub+bucking, miracle barrel with high quality .28s. So then by that logic you would usually need to double tap people which leads you to run a single high cap. Using no vest and no mid caps as its very hot down here in the south. Most fields are in the south, evidence here http://www.airsoftgi.com/information.php?info_id=50

I go 50-75% through my high cap, yes the one you see in the video, in 6 hours at my field. I run no vest as it makes it harder to call hits and its hot.

The mag release time wasnt my point as I don't need to release my mag ingame. I meant m4 magwells were inferior in the way that you can't really take an ak mag out without breaking it but you can take an m4 mag out just by pulling it out roughly.

Taking apart is a relative subject too. As you can see in the above video the upper is off and I can do barrel tweeks. You cannot do that in Any AK with the release of two pins.

I don't have any o-rings in my AR. What are you calling the O-ring system?

It is but the brands you should have are meister, E&L, cyma or G&P and I know for a fact that you canput it back together sometimes, or do it as easily as the parts are more to difficult jam in aks. My dboys m16 has serious issues disassembling and its 100% stock and thats because those pins in it suck, another friend had a super wobbly lancer tactical m4. Another had a lancer tactical 74u with a broke :censored2: hop-up. My dboys is a 150-200$ gun so imagine what a 100-140$ one would do.

Edited by jroble95

I never assume...so stop leaving vagueness in your comments.

Second one isn't Lancer Tactical, its a JG and its under 150.

Here is another under 150.00 and not a Lancer Tactical

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/13187-valken-tactical-battle-machine-mod-l-airsoft-m4-aeg-black-valken-74206.aspx

Made by SRC in Taiwan

+++++++++++++

Oh custom wood by that you mean staining it...okay...yeah. Wood can look good on any platform

P4130026.jpg

Lucid-AR-15-Wood-Rifle-Furniture-Sets.jp

img_NK92.gif

10322e40e86557de9f52974c297ab2dd.jpg
+++++++++++++

Don't tell me how to shoot...if I can see bbs at 200 feet with my eveball MK1....I am going to use my eyeball Mk1! Because we all know how well Airsoft sights are sighted in....

+++++++++++++

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/13188-valken-tactical-battle-machine-mod-l-m4-aeg-desert-valken-74213.aspx

I can find more.

You can run M120 all day, night, hot and cold in a V2 in all Taiwanese/China made AEG's without Sorbo. On most you can rum M130 too. You Cannot run a M120 in a TM when it's cold out (10 degrees) Even is you are using a V3. Alloy is to brittle in their models.

++++++++++++

ASGI Map is not very accurate. We have this many fields in MN for the MN player group. I am sure other States are under represented too.

Big Lake - Big Lake

Big Lake School - Big Lake (Special indoor during winter)
Crossfire - St. Cloud
Twin City Airsoft - Baldwin, WI
MN Pro, Paintball and Airsoft - Lakeville, MN

Special Forces Paintball/Airsoft - Rockford, MN
Nopeming Sanitorium - Special Event Airsoft Only
And a couple of "other" small fields too....

+++++++++++++++
"The mag release time wasnt my point as I don't need to release my mag ingame. I meant m4 magwells were inferior in the way that you can't really take an ak mag out without breaking it but you can take an m4 mag out just by pulling it out roughly."

Then stop making vague comments about magazine releases being superior if that is Not what your trying to convey.

As for not taking a Mag out roughly....I can show you how easy it is to wreck an AK mag and I don't have to do it "roughly".

Edited by Guges Mk3

You can assume things when the evidence is clear, assumptions are only rational when you are using occams razor.

Second one isn't Lancer Tactical, its a JG and its under 150.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/256564860463218689/285175540556627968/unknown.png

167$, I count shipping. Thats why I said "I bought my cm048 for 138$ and that's with shipping"

Here is another under 150.00 and not a Lancer Tactical

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/13187-valken-tactical-battle-machine-mod-l-airsoft-m4-aeg-black-valken-74206.aspx

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/256564860463218689/285177865509797888/unknown.png

149.95+15$ shipping. Still over 150$. This is not evidence, it doesn't even come close to supporting your statements.

Made by SRC in Taiwan

Oh custom wood by that you mean staining it...okay...yeah. Wood can look good on any platform
My gun comes stock with wood, it does not require modification. There are extremely few non aks that come stock with real wood and come at a price that is that low..

Don't tell me how to shoot...if I can see bbs at 200 feet with my eyeball MK1....I am going to use my eyeball Mk1! Because we all know how well Airsoft sights are sighted in....

You cannot point shoot accurately at 250 ft, that is simply not a thing. Here's why.

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/13188-valken-tactical-battle-machine-mod-l-m4-aeg-desert-valken-74213.aspx

I can find more.

it's the same price as the last one, 164.95.

You can run M120 all day, night, hot and cold in a V2 in all Taiwanese/China made AEG's without Sorbo. On most you can rum M130 too. You Cannot run a M120 in a TM when it's cold out (10 degrees) Even is you are using a V3. Alloy is to brittle in their models.

I never said that you could not, I said the cm031+ could be dropped more often than practically all m120 using m4s, scars, masadas and so forth without breaking. I don't use TM aks, just a cyma. Almost anything with plastic is bad in cold weather, so why would you focus on TM. Their v3 gearboxes have nothing to do with their external durability. Stop trying to nab me on something I diddn't say, I never said v3s had anything to do with external durability.

ASGI Map is not very accurate. We have this many fields in MN for the MN player group. I am sure other States are under represented too.

We have about 5 more fields in Florida than it says. It's underrepresented everywhere, these are fields that are there, in those locations. If you can prove that there are more fields in the north than there are in the south by counting and verifying each and every field that isnt on the ASGI list, I'll concede.

Big Lake - Big Lake

Crossfire - St. Cloud

"The mag release time wasnt my point as I don't need to release my mag ingame. I meant m4 magwells were inferior in the way that you can't really take an ak mag out without breaking it but you can take an m4 mag out just by pulling it out roughly."
Then stop making vague comments about magazine releases being superior if that is Not what your trying to convey.

As for not taking a Mag out roughly....I can show you how easy it is to wreck an AK mag and I don't have to do it "roughly".

My mag release is superior as it keeps the magazine in without modification, and even with modification your m4 mags can still drop out. Mine will not.

My point was not on ak magazines being superior, even though they are because they hold more and when using the proper bbs and not overshooting they can last forever, are sufficiently durable, rock in fine and actually stay in unlike 90% of m4 magazines. My point was about magazine releases, keep on track and argue the point instead of attempting to nab me on something I did not say.

I honestly do not see the point of you continuing to attempt to debate me as everything we've fought on, you've lost horribly every time. I honestly think you just hate being wrong because you think that selling airsoft guns since 1984 means that you know everything. That is a false equivalency and you need to improve on your knowledge. Every time you counter me on something its a gigantic waste of time, sure you might learn something but it goes on for more than 20 posts at times and you still do not get the point hammered into you so that is clearly not the case. You simply give up and its extremely disappointing to see an expert know so little.

Edited by jroble95

'Actually stay in' is not the same as 'can be pulled out'. On the three M4s I have immediate access to, none have ever suffered an unintentional magazine release. Neither have I experienced a magazine failure due to them not being 'sufficiently durable', despite them having been drop kicked, submerged, bounced, trodden on and generally abused. Please quantify your assertion that AK mags are superior.

Personal experience, personal experience, you are not a sample size nor are you free of a bias. Also, thanks for skimming over what I said instead of actually reading it. I said that AK MAGS were sufficiently durable, not m4 mags which are very durable. I just don't find much use out of them as I wouldn't require that level of durability as I'm not a klutz nor do I bring more than 1 mag to a game as I don't need to due to the high capacity. I never said that everyone has unintentional magazine releases often, although I did insinuate that it will happen to most people. If you want durable ak high caps, go for the tokyo marui one thats for 40 bucks, it winds up like 300 bbs and acts like a gigantic mid cap.

And having watched someone accidentally drop the mag out of their AK by catching the release while firing over a barricade...

He should get an IQ test then, theres a proper way to actually mount your weapon and it involves not sticking the magazine over it like a complete moron.

By the same argument regarding sample size and bias, your argument is invalid.

I'll stick with my 360 round flash mags thanks.

Toy guns... Just saying.

My bias is based in fact, I only argue what I know and have no opinion on what I don't know, I am not influenced by assertions unless abstract is the evidence. Also, by toy you mean equipment as this is a sport.

Not an argument.

In order for facts to be facts, your facts have to be the same as my facts. Our facts have to be verifiable, repeatable by experiment. And we're not talking about $2000 dollar sports equipment here are we. We appear to have got stuck with your fixation on your $120 (plus shipping) firearm facsimile.

And please don't presume to tell me what I mean. While there are elements of airsofting that are competitive, the vast majority of participants are just guys running around the woods having a good time with toy guns. Which is why you don't get 'kills'. You shot some dude with a little plastic ball and he put his hand in the air. Because it's a game....

Anyway, back to the OPs question...

First start with an idea of the performance you want to achieve and go from there. Other factors will be the weight of ammo that you'll be using which will define the barrel length and cylinder volume. Motor and gear choice will depend on the battery type and capacity and whether you're aiming for rate of fire, trigger response or a balance between the two. Make your power system as efficient as possible with the use of low resistance wiring and connectors. Learn to solder... Practice getting the shimming in your gearbox spot on. AOE adjustment and ensuring the air nozzle lines up perfectly with the bucking to get a good air seal. Check that the hop is in the correct place so the nozzle only pulls back far enough to ensure correct feeding. It's all the little details that add up to something that shoots like something much more expensive.

Edited by airborne101

You can assume things when the evidence is clear, assumptions are only rational when you are using occams razor.

1. Oh custom wood by that you mean staining it...okay...yeah. Wood can look good on any platform

My gun comes stock with wood, it does not require modification. There are extremely few non aks that come stock with real wood and come at a price that is that low..

2. Don't tell me how to shoot...if I can see bbs at 200 feet with my eyeball MK1....I am going to use my eyeball Mk1! Because we all know how well Airsoft sights are sighted in....

You cannot point shoot accurately at 250 ft, that is simply not a thing. Here's why.

3. You can run M120 all day, night, hot and cold in a V2 in all Taiwanese/China made AEG's without Sorbo. On most you can rum M130 too. You Cannot run a M120 in a TM when it's cold out (10 degrees) Even is you are using a V3. Alloy is to brittle in their models.

I never said that you could not, I said the cm031+ could be dropped more often than practically all m120 using m4s, scars, masadas and so forth without breaking. I don't use TM aks, just a cyma. Almost anything with plastic is bad in cold weather, so why would you focus on TM. Their v3 gearboxes have nothing to do with their external durability. Stop trying to nab me on something I diddn't say, I never said v3s had anything to do with external durability.

4. ASGI Map is not very accurate. We have this many fields in MN for the MN player group. I am sure other States are under represented too.

We have about 5 more fields in Florida than it says. It's underrepresented everywhere, these are fields that are there, in those locations. If you can prove that there are more fields in the north than there are in the south by counting and verifying each and every field that isnt on the ASGI list, I'll concede.

Big Lake - Big Lake

Crossfire - St. Cloud

5. "The mag release time wasnt my point as I don't need to release my mag ingame. I meant m4 magwells were inferior in the way that you can't really take an ak mag out without breaking it but you can take an m4 mag out just by pulling it out roughly."

My mag release is superior as it keeps the magazine in without modification, and even with modification your m4 mags can still drop out. Mine will not.

My point was not on ak magazines being superior, even though they are because they hold more and when using the proper bbs and not overshooting they can last forever, are sufficiently durable, rock in fine and actually stay in unlike 90% of m4 magazines. My point was about magazine releases, keep on track and argue the point instead of attempting to nab me on something I did not say.

I honestly do not see the point of you continuing to attempt to debate me as everything we've fought on, you've lost horribly every time. I honestly think you just hate being wrong because you think that selling airsoft guns since 1984 means that you know everything. That is a false equivalency and you need to improve on your knowledge. Every time you counter me on something its a gigantic waste of time, sure you might learn something but it goes on for more than 20 posts at times and you still do not get the point hammered into you so that is clearly not the case. You simply give up and its extremely disappointing to see an expert know so little.

A1. I would rather have rails than "stainable" wood. This is a point of personal preference NOT superiority of one item over another.

A2. Don't tell me how to aim...I know where my shots go at 60 yards by just shouldering my AEG. That is the point of "point shooting" knowing your "weapon so well" you don't need to use sights.

A3. Look who is now pulling the change the topic for I did not say that:

(me) You can run M120 all day, night, hot and cold in a V2 in all Taiwanese/China made AEG's without Sorbo. On most you can run M130 too. You Cannot run a M120 in a TM when it's cold out (10 degrees) Even is you are using a V3. Alloy is too brittle in their models.

(you) I never said that you could not, I said the cm031+ could be dropped more often than practically all m120 using m4s, scars, masadas and so forth without breaking. I don't use TM aks, just a cyma. Almost anything with plastic is bad in cold weather, so why would you focus on TM. Their v3 gearboxes have nothing to do with their external durability. Stop trying to nab me on something I diddn't say, I never said v3s had anything to do with external durability.

(And you originally said this) "the cymas with the m120 springs in them are cheap as hell, you can get em for as low as 130$ each(I saw a deal once, and they dip that low very often) the v3 mechbox is capable of running m120 springs without using sorbathane pads(mouse pads) like the upgraded dmrs using m120s and above. Sure some v2 users come stock with m120s but they don't go lower than 165 bucks."

It was me that never said anything about TM external issues. I am talking about TM V3 shell issues. Read above...where did I say anything about TM polymer externals? You can help yourself by clarifying the point you want to make. For you tend to mix multiple points together and in the eyes of the reader it can be the source of our disagreements.

However, you ever said $165.00 "shipped". Remember, I don't assume or extrapolate. I run on Facts!

But, here is one that is 110.00 and shipping would bring it in under 165.00. It comes in OD and Black too.

https://www.airsoftatlanta.com/collections/other-aegs/products/colt-m4-cqb-r-aeg-tan

Want me to find more?

A4. There is no point in ascertaining if the North or the South has more fields. Please "define" your point clearly if you want to discuss this further.

A5. I am not nabbing you on something you did not say. I am nabbing you on something you did not DEFINE. And you know, mine must be superior too. I don't have to mod mine either. And mine can hold in place all these type of mags for I have ran them on my AEG:

TM 300

TM Standard 68

MAG 190

Classic Army 300

Classic Army Silver 68

Pro-Arms 190

Pro-Arms Prototype 220

Modify 190

Pro-Arms 130

Mag 100

G&P 360

G&P TD in Black and Tan 360

G&P 130

Azimuth 300, both types

E&C 160

Magpul PTS 120

MAG 130

Flash Mag 300 (ick)

King Arms 450

SIG 300

CYMA 300

STAR 30

E&L 300

ICS 450

Betamag 300

Betamag 130

G&G 450

G&G 300

KWA 300

KWA 120

EF 120

EF 300

....and about a dozen more mags....that I forgot about. Know why I had so many mags? One of my roles is in my former jobs in Airsoft was a "Product tester" and these are the AR mags I tested. You tell me how many of these mags just "dropped" out, since you claim 90% of them will ("...rock in fine and actually stay in unlike 90% of m4 magazines..."). I know how many that did not seat correctly and had fitment issues. But, you tell me.

As for overshooting. What are you calling "overshooting" a magazine. I have never heard of this term/concept before. Please explain, so I may learn.

My AK mag list is much shorter though...not as many AK mags out on the market. Sadly, I only have done magazine tests with E&L's The legacy Polymer mags from MAG do not fit in this AEG. To fat. But, Betamags do, G&P do...

I honestly debate you because your information is not entirely true. No I did not say I sold Airsoft since 1984. I have "used" Airsoft since 1984...I only got into the Airsoft Industry in 1999.

And the main reason is you profess to be an expert, but you Never has Worked in the Industry nor have you played active for more than a decade. Do you even know where the CYMA plant is? I do and I have pictures of their showroom, do you? Do you even know how they get products out of China, since China sees Airsoft as "illegal". Again, I do...do you?

You can give your opinions, but I am calling you out as someone not in the industry, have not been in the industry or had any part of helping the industry. So, from the point of discussion...who is really wrong and who actually has "facts" from industry "experience". If you want to psychological about it....we can go there too. But, that would be off-topic and be reserved to a private discussion.

At this point on...I am done polluting this OP thread. Please start another one it OT if you still want to publicly debate points. Just cut and paste...I will answer and reply if you do.