anipad68

Best gun for florida field play?

Hello fellow airsofters,
Recently a bunch of my friends have decided to get into airsoft so I figured I might as well get into it again (last time I bought a p90 for field play and someone dropped it, so not the best experience)
This time Ive been doing a lot more research and have come across 3 guns that intrigue me:
http://echo1usa.com/x/licensed-products/troy-industries/troy-mrf-mx/
Seems like a good overall balance, not sure about it because of the other candidates
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_832&products_id=2221 8
This was one of the first guns I came across and it really appealed to me. The construction is meant to be as realistic and durable as possible, which I love, plus it just looks amazing in general
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=21244
Another candidate that seems solid in all departments

Which would you guys recommend? I aminly play at a field with pretty far engagement ranges (100-150 feet) and an fps limit of 400 with a little bit of wiggle room. I'm looking for something with 400 fps and a good rof (getting a 9.6v battery should do the trick)
Thank you all in advance!

I like the M4 aesthetically as well as versatility-wise, but if you really like the AK it's a good well rounded gun. I personally would suggest the M4 as its so easy to modify and upgrade, which leaves you between ICS and Echo1. If you plan to also be playing at small engagement distances, I would suggest the ICS since it's a little smaller and more maneuverable. One concern I would have is the battery storage for the ICS. I'm not sure where it goes but you should take that into account. ICS seems to be more we'll built but I think the maneuverability of it is a small factor in comparison to the Echo1.

So overall, pros and cons for the ICS:

Pros

-Definitely well built

-Slightly easier to use in CQB

Cons

-Battery storage

If you want to guarantee easy battery storage, I would suggest the Echo1.

All 3 of those guns a good. Except Echo 1, they are just a rebrander with slightly higher QC.

But if you want a good, all around gun, Krytac. Probably one of the best guns to buy stock. (http://www.evike.com/products/63621/) Great RoF with a 9.6. My friend has the SPR and it is just amazing.

E&L gen 2 AKs are also very good. I thought the gen 1 were great. But with the gen 2 it's apparently even better.

I like ICS and their split gearboxes. Very reliable also.

BUT if I were you, I would get one of the Krytacs. (http://www.evike.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=330&sort=6d&filter_id=)

Yeah, I didn't even think about Krytac but they're definitely what you want if you have the budget for it.

All 3 of those guns a good. Except Echo 1, they are just a rebrander with slightly higher QC.

But if you want a good, all around gun, Krytac. Probably one of the best guns to buy stock. (http://www.evike.com/products/63621/) Great RoF with a 9.6. My friend has the SPR and it is just amazing.

E&L gen 2 AKs are also very good. I thought the gen 1 were great. But with the gen 2 it's apparently even better.

BUT if I were you, I would get one of the Krytacs. (http://www.evike.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=330&sort=6d&filter_id=)

thanks for the feedback! yeah definetly not going for the Echo.

Krytac really got my attention though since you guys seem to really praise it. My budget is around 300-350 USD, so which Krytec would you recommend? I heavily favor FPS and accuracy since the field I play at has pretty long sightlines

Thanks in advance!

thanks for the feedback! yeah definetly not going for the Echo.

Krytac really got my attention though since you guys seem to really praise it. My budget is around 300-350 USD, so which Krytec would you recommend? I heavily favor FPS and accuracy since the field I play at has pretty long sightlines

Thanks in advance!

I highly suggest you stay away from DMR style for now, it takes too much patience. Stick with a well rounded medium engagement distance gun and you can upgrade towards a DMR later if you want. But for getting back into the game, get a balance gun.

Long barrel does not equal a DMR. DMRs are a semi only rifle, that takes some serious upgrades. I reccomend either the CRB or SPR. The SPR has a longer inner barrel so you will get better groupings. Like I said my friend has the SPR and it is very accurate and seems very reliable. One of the best you can get for long engagements is the SPR.

If you are looking for good balance then get the CRB. They are both pretty close in price.

Hello fellow airsofters,

Recently a bunch of my friends have decided to get into airsoft so I figured I might as well get into it again (last time I bought a p90 for field play and someone dropped it, so not the best experience)

This time Ive been doing a lot more research and have come across 3 guns that intrigue me:

http://echo1usa.com/x/licensed-products/troy-industries/troy-mrf-mx/

Seems like a good overall balance, not sure about it because of the other candidates

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_832&products_id=2221 8

This was one of the first guns I came across and it really appealed to me. The construction is meant to be as realistic and durable as possible, which I love, plus it just looks amazing in general

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=21244

Another candidate that seems solid in all departments

Which would you guys recommend? I aminly play at a field with pretty far engagement ranges (100-150 feet) and an fps limit of 400 with a little bit of wiggle room. I'm looking for something with 400 fps and a good rof (getting a 9.6v battery should do the trick)

Thank you all in advance!

I'd just go with a cyma ak off AMS if I were u, I think you might play at combat city so you might have met me already(im the guy that runs with 6 completely different camo patterns that don't match at all and I use my self stained 74)

Just go for one with an m120 in it, a good choice would be the cmo48s off of airsoft gi aswell, they hve a nice selection but the best prices are discounted guns on ams lol. Also if you DO play at combat city, their chrono is a paintball chrono so everything registers as 320-380, my gun runs at 460 and it registered as 320 with .2s. Plus all the pstar users except a select few run their guns at 500 or higher lol. It's not a good field but I don't care.

AND if your going for compactness and power I'd go with this little guy: http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/10144-410-fps-ak74un-cm035-airsoft-aeg-rifle-faux-wood-cyma-cm035-vpower.aspx

Get a 6.01x290mm barrel and get an extra high cap and ur ready to go lol.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6166 <---6.01x300mm for 39 bucks off of GI

Also, generally the higher the voltage on ur battery the better the compression so if u can get a MOSFET installed just run an 11.1 and ull be at 15-30 higher fps than with a lower voltage battery, same for one with a higher capacity lol, I'd reccomend the burst wizard with an 8 round burst. Just get one off amazon if u wanna save some $$$(like 50 bucks cause gi doesnt have any discounts lol.

Edited by jimbibblo

Long barrel does not equal a DMR. DMRs are a semi only rifle, that takes some serious upgrades. I reccomend either the CRB or SPR. The SPR has a longer inner barrel so you will get better groupings. Like I said my friend has the SPR and it is very accurate and seems very reliable. One of the best you can get for long engagements is the SPR.

If you are looking for good balance then get the CRB. They are both pretty close in price.

yepo, but the maximum barrel length u should roll with is a 500mm, anything other than that is pointless and doesnt add to accuracy. Another thing is that 6.01s have better groupings on full but widebores have better semi auto capability. Now the downsides of a widebore outweigh the downsides of a tightbore because they don&#39;t have the range of a tbbs, they arent as silent as tbbs, their only cheaper but if your going for a dmr role you want a more expensive widebore lol. Also you hop bbs better with a tightbore. I myself run with a 6.02x433 in my ak but I don&#39;t really think I have a dmr, its more like a long range aeg really lol

I recommend the ICS gun or a Krytac, actually. CYMA is lower quality, but if you really want an AK you could buy from them, though I suggest an M4 platform more than anything.

I'd just go with a cyma ak off AMS if I were u, I think you might play at combat city so you might have met me already(im the guy that runs with 6 completely different camo patterns that don't match at all and I use my self stained 74)

Just go for one with an m120 in it, a good choice would be the cmo48s off of airsoft gi aswell, they hve a nice selection but the best prices are discounted guns on ams lol. Also if you DO play at combat city, their chrono is a paintball chrono so everything registers as 320-380, my gun runs at 460 and it registered as 320 with .2s. Plus all the pstar users except a select few run their guns at 500 or higher lol. It's not a good field but I don't care.

AND if your going for compactness and power I'd go with this little guy: http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/10144-410-fps-ak74un-cm035-airsoft-aeg-rifle-faux-wood-cyma-cm035-vpower.aspx

Get a 6.01x290mm barrel and get an extra high cap and ur ready to go lol.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6166 <---6.01x300mm for 39 bucks off of GI

Also, generally the higher the voltage on ur battery the better the compression so if u can get a MOSFET installed just run an 11.1 and ull be at 15-30 higher fps than with a lower voltage battery, same for one with a higher capacity lol, I'd reccomend the burst wizard with an 8 round burst. Just get one off amazon if u wanna save some $$$(like 50 bucks cause gi doesnt have any discounts lol.

Thanks for your feedback guys! I've decided on a Krytac mk 2 SRT, the 410 fps and 15 inch barrel really appeal to me because accuracy is paramount in my eyes. Gonna customize it and stick an 11v lipo in it, perhaps make a gun review after taking it out a couple times?

Anyways, thanks so much! Seriously. I haven't even ehard of Krytac before posting this and now I'm getting one lol

yepo, but the maximum barrel length u should roll with is a 500mm, anything other than that is pointless and doesnt add to accuracy. Another thing is that 6.01s have better groupings on full but widebores have better semi auto capability. Now the downsides of a widebore outweigh the downsides of a tightbore because they don't have the range of a tbbs, they arent as silent as tbbs, their only cheaper but if your going for a dmr role you want a more expensive widebore lol. Also you hop bbs better with a tightbore. I myself run with a 6.02x433 in my ak but I don't really think I have a dmr, its more like a long range aeg really lol

6.01mm have better groupings...absolutely not true. 6.01mm will NOT net better grouping if you shoot lumpy cheap bbs or have a bad internal finish and in fact will have worse groupings.

TBB=/=Accuracy. It ONLY positively affects FPS over a larger bore barrel and nothing else.

Widebores will not give you better SA...how does a widebore "improve" semi-auto fire? Sound range and other factors has nothing to do with the barrel.

Sorry Jim, but your comments is misdirecting the OP. AEG's are complete working systems where one part affects another.

OP: Leave it stock...do not mess with AEG. No need to upgrade if you lack tactical skill. Play a lot and then tune gun to play style.

Edited by Guges Mk3

6.01mm have better groupings...absolutely not true. 6.01mm will NOT net better grouping if you shoot lumpy cheap bbs or have a bad internal finish and in fact will have worse groupings.

TBB=/=Accuracy. It ONLY positively affects FPS over a larger bore barrel and nothing else.

Widebores will not give you better SA...how does a widebore "improve" semi-auto fire? Sound range and other factors has nothing to do with the barrel.

Sorry Jim, but your comments is misdirecting the OP. AEG's are complete working systems where one part affects another.

OP: Leave it stock...do not mess with AEG. No need to upgrade if you lack tactical skill. Play a lot and then tune gun to play style.

well, you shouldnt be upgrading if your not intelligent enough to use atleast good quality bbs so thats a given. and widebores are affected by shake in full auto fire like all barrels so the ability to have the bb not touch the insides of the barrel like a wide bore should would be nullified and the accuracy would go to :pain:. and I call :censored2: on sound and barrel, maybe if you replaced an inner barrel once in your life you might figure out widebores are louder because their less efficient with the air. It's the whole reason why douchebag 12 y/os with pstars put those :censored2: metal things that make their guns louder at the end of their barrels, its because the tighter it is the more quiet it is and vice versa. I experienced this firsthand too when I changed from a 6.05 to a 6.02. And I can also tell you that upgrading to a tightbore in an aeg is easy as :censored2: unless your using an aeg thats :censored2: awful in the takedown department or your under like 11 because replacing a barrel is fairly easy and not bad for your gun at all.

well, you shouldnt be upgrading if your not intelligent enough to use atleast good quality bbs so thats a given. and widebores are affected by shake in full auto fire like all barrels so the ability to have the bb not touch the insides of the barrel like a wide bore should would be nullified and the accuracy would go to shît. and I call bullshît on sound and barrel, maybe if you replaced an inner barrel once in your life you might figure out widebores are louder because their less efficient with the air. It's the whole reason why douchebag 12 y/os with pstars put those fùckin metal things that make their guns louder at the end of their barrels, its because their wide as shît. I even experienced this firsthand too when I changed from a 6.05 to a 6.02. And I can also tell you that upgrading to a tightbore in an aeg is easy as fùck unless your using a gun thats awful in the takedown department or your under like 10 because replacing a barrel is easy as shît and not bad for your gun at all. Also, if hes using .12s like you say then he should be here but I highly doubt that. I knew that .20s were better than .12s before I even owned an aeg or even a rifle in general.

Yeah, that's what I was planning on. I'm gonna get a grip and sight, and maybe change the spring after a couple months. If I really need it I'll look into a different barrel but the SRT has a huge barrel and so that can be a bit challening