to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
SlabGizor117

Camo and other BDUs have always seemed to be too hardcore and "nerdy" for me..

So when I first got into airsoft I went with my older brother and we were talking about how everyone uses camo and stuff, and I said, "Yeah I definitely wouldn't go that far.." But now that I'm thinking about getting into using midcaps because I like needing to reload, that requires mag pouches and also a dump pouch would be convenient, which means getting into what system I would use to hold them(thinking Hi-Speed Low-Drag battle belt style). Then I'm debating on whether I should just get black for a SWAT style or actually get tan or green or some camo type color. Where I play is for the most part outdoor with a little bit of buildings that have CQB. I dunno what it is, but camo just looks kinda hardcore for my tastes, I never liked camo as a style of clothing either. Is it effective enough to make a SWAT style outfit ineffective because I'd be easy to spot? I guess nobody at the field especially would care, but I'm a little self conscious of what anyone else would think :P

If you're going to play in the outdoors, solid black "SWAT" style clothing is the last thing you want. That type of black does not occur naturally in a woodland environment, and you'll be picked out quickly.

I used to wear BDU's when I played paintball a long time ago and it worked well until I looked into patterns like Realtree and Mossy Oak. Since most of the playing I did was in the fall I went with the brown Realtree camo and I was damned near invisible.

If you're going to play in the outdoors, solid black "SWAT" style clothing is the last thing you want. That type of black does not occur naturally in a woodland environment, and you'll be picked out quickly.

I used to wear BDU's when I played paintball a long time ago and it worked well until I looked into patterns like Realtree and Mossy Oak. Since most of the playing I did was in the fall I went with the brown Realtree camo and I was damned near invisible.

Yeah, I suppose... :P I don't know what it is about camo it just makes people seem like tryhards lol

So what should I do for choosing what kind of camo I use? I play in Florida, so it's pretty green.

EDIT: I was also thinking about just getting like a solid green color, is that ineffective too?

Edited by SlabGizor117

I'd go with solid ranger or OD green for Florida if you don't like camo. Or mix and match solid colors.(black and tan, black and green, green and tan, etc). The main idea is to break up the human shape.

It all depends on how you play. If you're out side sneaking around and hiding, camo is definitely good (or solid natural colors). But if you're going to be up running and gunning the whole time it doesn't matter nearly as much. A guy running across a field looks like a guy running across a field no matter what he's wearing. Depending on your gun and gear (and environment) you can always go with a PMC look.