Hello. My name is Sturm. I think I've been a member for some time, but due to difficulties logging on, this is my first post.

Anyway, I own an Inokatsu 100th Anniversary M1911A1 pistol. I really do like it, contrary to what many people say about it. However, it does have one or two problems which, although in my case are not 'critical,' can be quite annoying nevertheless. One of these is regarding the pistol's slide stop. The slide stop always pushes itself out a bit when the gun is fired, even if fired whilst empty. It does not push itself out that much, and after going out a little bit, it will not go out any further with subsequent shots. However, I know this issue is related to the slide stop. I tested a Nova slide stop, and it has no such behaviour when installed on the pistol. The problem with the latter is that the finish on it is a medium grey (Despite being labelled as 'Steel Black') and does not fit very well with the rest of the gun (Which is Parkerised on the slide and frame, and blued on all of the small parts). So basically, I would either need to buy another slide stop that matches the blued finish of the Inokatsu piece, and also make sure it does not push out as the Inokatsu tends to do, or I could somehow fix the Inokatsu slide stop - which I do not know how to do. If anyone can give me suggestions on how I could get the default slide stop to quit loosening up and pushing out erratically, I would be very happy.

The Inokatsu slide stop is a good fit - mostly. I have noticed that the move-out behaviour is not present when the slide stop is placed in the empty frame of the pistol, but with the slide and barrel and hop up and all of that stuff assembled, it starts right back up again. There is one video on YouTube that describes and demonstrates this exact problem (Although I am not sure if I'm allowed to post links). If someone could link or point out an alternative slide stop that is obviously steel, checkered, and has a dark-blued finish, that would be a good course of action as well.

Edited by Sturmgewehr_44

Guarder makes a 1911 slide stop, however I don't remember the color. The chance of finding an exact matching color or finish as your gun is slim to none. An original Tokyo Marui plastic slide stop may also have a close color match.

As for why it moves just a little, it is probably due to the shaft on the slide stop being a little small, and not having a slightly tighter fit. Unfortunately there really isn't a way to modify your existing one to have a tighter fit, and thus not move. Once material is removed, it is very hard to add back.

Guarder makes a 1911 slide stop, however I don't remember the color. The chance of finding an exact matching color or finish as your gun is slim to none. An original Tokyo Marui plastic slide stop may also have a close color match.

As for why it moves just a little, it is probably due to the shaft on the slide stop being a little small, and not having a slightly tighter fit. Unfortunately there really isn't a way to modify your existing one to have a tighter fit, and thus not move. Once material is removed, it is very hard to add back.

Yeah, I figured as much. I wish Inokatsu cast them with a little bit more girth.

It's curious though. Nova makes two literally identical slide stops. Steel Black, checkered. The only difference is that one is Type 2 and the other is Type 3. I know the one I bought is a Type 3, and from websites I've looked, the Type 3 online looks a dark blued finish. It's really strange, especially considering the fact that there are multiple different SKU names. I've seen a GMP and SLS black checkered slide stop. I have no idea what the difference is. Mine is labelled as GMP in the middle of the SKU. Does Nova have a website running somewhere? That would be helpful.

Also, Airsoft Masterpiece makes a black slide stop for the 1911 that really appears to be blued. However, one is Type 1 and the other is Type 2. They are both serrated (Which is a deal-breaker) and look identical. What gives? Is the picture wrong? Is one slide stop checkered and the other serrated?

Edited by Sturmgewehr_44