anipad68

Calling all Krytac SPR users

hello fellow airsofters,

I've recently been really on the fence about buying a Krytac SPR for one reason: the limit at my local field is 400 fps and most guns are chronoed at the start.

according to most sources I've found say that the fps is between 400-420. I really love everything about the spr (I perfer longer rifles because of my height) and I really want to get one, but I'm not sure if I should because of the fps limit.

if you've ever owned a spr, what was the average fps it got on the field? were you allowed to play at places with a 400 fps limit?

I don't plan on changing any internals to lower the fps, if it's too high I'll just get something else.

thanks in advance

The fps may be lower when you buy the gun,sometimes you can max out you hop adjustment and loose up to 10fps,they may check the bb's

aren't going skywards,some may frown on this practice as a potential safety issue.

Also this gun has a quick change spring I have heard but you do have to take the gearbox out of the receiver.

You could cut the spring each coil is about 10fps although most consider it more professional to fit a lower rated spring so the end of the coil is finished correctly rather than a jagged spike you get if you cut it.

In my opinion if you can only afford to shoot up to 0.25g ammo there is not any advantage to shoot over 370-380 it just makes the sport

more dangerous.

The fps may be lower when you buy the gun,sometimes you can max out you hop adjustment and loose up to 10fps,they may check the bb's

aren't going skywards,some may frown on this practice as a potential safety issue.

Also this gun has a quick change spring I have heard but you do have to take the gearbox out of the receiver.

You could cut the spring each coil is about 10fps although most consider it more professional to fit a lower rated spring so the end of the coil is finished correctly rather than a jagged spike you get if you cut it.

In my opinion if you can only afford to shoot up to 0.25g ammo there is not any advantage to shoot over 370-380 it just makes the sport

more dangerous.

The hopup idea actually seems pretty smart, thanks for that.

And yeah that's what I heard about Krytacs but I don't wanna mess with it before the warranty is over (60 days)

Cutting the spring is definitely a last resort I'd only do after the warranty is over.

And it's been rated 400-420 fps with 0.20 grams although I plan on using higher gram for the accuracy, they force you to use their bbs though.

You miiight get away with it if you tell them that you use higher weights and ask to chrono it with them, you can even show them the bottle(or bag).

Otherwise, if you don't wanna cut the spring then you can buy a weaker one.

Edited by SlabGizor117

more dangerous.

Cant take the pain then don't play the game.

Edited by MDgbbrfl435

they typically shoot ~390 with .20s out of the box with no hop.

If this is too high...

they do have the "quick change" system...which isnt exactly "quick," but at least you don't have to get in the gearbox.

Youtube search for tutorial.

I mean, if you can afford an SPR, you can afford a twenty dollar M100 spring...right?

• Upvote 2