I planned to buy two guns for my birthday: a Marui P90, and either a Marui SPAS-12 or a Marui Silver Desert Eagle GBB. Just a note, these guns are not going to be linked together like "Primary or Secondary" weapons. So far, I got the Marui P90 and it was successfully shipped to my California house, I am so happy it got there safely through the :censored2: California customs. Although it came with a strange orange tip, it's something I can manage. I got it from Echigoya Japan, so there is a slight chance they put in the original flash hider in the box somewhere. But I don't really know.

Now it all comes down to either the Desert Eagle or the SPAS-12 since I can only get one gun to go with the P90. I can't get both. Cost doesn't matter between the two guns since they are roughly the same price not considering shipping and handling. Here is a list of pros and cons with each gun. These are points I have come up myself through observations of images, product descriptions, videos, and reviews.

Desert Eagle:

Pros:

-Fake chrome finish looks absolutely beautiful

-Hard kick recoil

-Gas blowback for realism

-Rubber grip

-More than 10 rounds capacity

-Powerful

-Accurate

-Trademarks

-Uses a magazine

-Magazine looks awesome

-Great Detail

-Most interesting pistol in my pistol collection

-Rare gun

-Coolest pistol in my opinion

-Weighs a lot

Cons:

-Orange tip is ugly on this gun

-Could possibly be uninteresting to shoot

-Might be hard to get it to California and might pay a lot in shipping

-I might have enough gas pistols already

SPAS-12

Pros:

-Shell it comes with looks awesome

-Shoots three bullets, will be the only gun to do that in my collection

-Great detail

-It's a long gun

-Trademarks

-Good for tearing paper

-Good shotgun to replace my older single-shot Mossberg 500

-Favorite gun when I was little

-Orange tip won't look too bad on this

-Easy to buy on Evike, no hassle no expensive shipping costs

-Third party accessories compatible (shell holders or slings)

-Looks intimidating design wise

Cons:

-Only allows ten shots

-The shell magazine might be tedious to load

-Magazine trapdoor could easily break

-Possibly weak

-No folding stock

-Very easy to buy anywhere and it's not worth it to buy now.

-Ugly colors

-Very light and unrealistic

-Inaccurate

This was my Pros and Cons list for each of the guns.

I would really appreciate it if someone who owns one of the guns or just anybody in general can give me their personal experiences or opinions on all or one of the two choices so it can help me make my decision. Which one is worth the price? Which one is more fun to shoot? Which one would most likely be discontinued very soon? Which one is more realistic? I can't wait to hear what you all have to say!

Edited by GarbageOutside

Both are a terrible choice.

Neither are a good secondary.

DE is big bulky and holsters badly. Try and find a non-drop leg holster for it.

In the end its your money get what you want.

Note. State of California does NOT run a Customs office. It's a Federal Agency and the USC Officers in California is just more "meticulous" about gun like imports.

Both are a terrible choice.

Neither are a good secondary.

DE is big bulky and holsters badly. Try and find a non-drop leg holster for it.

In the end its your money get what you want.

Note. State of California does NOT run a Customs office. It's a Federal Agency and the USC Officers in California is just more "meticulous" about gun like imports.

You're right, they are both terrible choices for a secondary. But the choice was really whether the pistol is better than the shotgun or the other way around. I think I should have cleared that I wasn't looking for a secondary weapon for the P90.

And I know it's my money and I can spend it on whatever, but I don't want to buy one of the guns and go "Damn it I wish I bought the other one instead!" After all, I can't buy two of them. I really need help deciding since I like them both.

The shotgun is fine, but there is a possibility that if you short stroke it in mid bb feed you will bust a nozzle. Result...Spas paper weight.

DE can be tuned with an Ice Pick Valve and you can get spare mags. This allows you to run the gun down to 35 degree temps...but if you look around no one uses them....for a reason.

The shotgun is fine, but there is a possibility that if you short stroke it in mid bb feed you will bust a nozzle. Result...Spas paper weight.

DE can be tuned with an Ice Pick Valve and you can get spare mags. This allows you to run the gun down to 35 degree temps...but if you look around no one uses them....for a reason.

Thanks for the tips, I decided to buy the Desert Eagle even though no one uses them. The Spas only shoots 10 shots and I'm done buying from Evike. I feel like the hard kick feature is more interesting than the 3 shot spray. The imitation chrome finish on the gun is also a great feature on the pistol. I plan don't plan to use this to the field but rather add it to my collection.