Hi everyone I'm a new airsofter here and I've done some researching over about 1 1/2 year time span. I recently got to go out to D14 (I live in Texas) and thoroughly enjoyed it (I kinda knew I would I come from a military background) and now I'm looking into finally being able to acquire gear. At first I was going to get a bolt-action sniper due to preferring that role and the low maintenance it would require. After talking with some friends who've played more than I have I decided against it. I then stumbled upon the Designated Marksman role and instantly fell in love with it, due to being able to have that extra range and accuracy to reach out and touch someone while still being able to stay with a squad or fire team to take objectives. One of the things I need help with I what primary to get. I was looking into M14s (specifically this M14 [ http://www.evike.com/products/66573/ ] as they are classic bases for DMRs (and I noticed lots of M4 variants and was thinking it'd be nice to stand out), but I've been hearing lots of good things about the DPMS Panther Arms PAR25. I'm not opposed to any style or model but would like to keep the base gun under $200 (or close to).

P.S. I also need some help with my the rest of my gear as well if anyone could be of assistance!

Edited by Brendan O.

What the gun looks like in real life has No Bearing on What it can do in Airsoft. We all shoot the 6mm ball.

If you can find the PAR25...get it. Its a stripped down 440fps shooter just ready for "cosmetic" upgrades.

Glad people like the PAR25...I had a hand in it's design...it's all guts and no cosmetics...ready for what ever you want to put on it.

OK awesome thanks for the help. I actually have a question about the PAR25 and you'd probably be the best to ask. If I wanted to put a ris on it which would you suggest? Is there a specific one that's needed or can any M4/M16 RIS work?

I found it on Evike for $189.00

Edited by Brendan O.