Sign in to follow this  
spitfiresim

Did a lot of recherch... are these parts are OK?

Update: Got everything in and it's all working great! The airseal is just about as perfect as I could expect. While blocking the air nozzle with my finger I can push on the piston pretty hard without it moving. I'll crono it tomorrow but I'm expecting 380-400fps. I did have a couple issues initially with feeding and accuracy being way off in extreme up or down patterns. It turned out to be a hop-up and air nozzle issue so after adjusting the hop-up units placement I was able to get if working almost flawlessly! (Still skips a bb or shots one off in an odd direction every 50 or so shots). Accuracy is incredible compared to my worn-out madbull inner barrel which had like a 2' spread at 100'. My backyard is ~120' long and I can hit a 3" metal fence pole ~50% of the time while standing (most of the rest of the shots hitting within a couple inches). I will set up a stable shooting platform and get a target and measure groupings more accurately later this week or next and I'll have to run over to my friends house to figure out how far it shoots accurately. Looking good so far, thanks for your help everyone!!

Im upgrading my M4. Currently I have a POM piston and an ICS 3000 turbo motor, everything else is stock.

I chose many of these items based on recommendations from many forum threads from a bunch of different sites. The other factor in choosing these items is they are all on Evike and generally well liked there. If you think I should swap something out or order from a different site please let me know! I am very open to any recommendations! Thanks!

What seems to be highly acceptable and readily available:

• Prometheus 469mm Stainless Steel 6.03mm Tightbore (RHOP installed by Umbrella Armoury) - $105
  • Guarder Super Lucid Chromium Plated Cylinder - $16
  • Guarder Reinforced High Speed Ball Bearing Aluminum Piston Head - $16
  • Guarder Stainless Steel Ver.2 Cylinder Head - $25
  • AIM Ver.2 Ball Bearing Steel Spring Guide - $16
  • Modify Baton Ryusoku Flat Hop Bucking - Soft (Sub 400FPS) - $15 (Considering black Prometheus bucking at the same price)
  • Matrix CNC High Performance Aluminium Air Seal Nozzle - $10

Alternately I have had recommended to me:

• PDI Tightbore
  • Systema Duracon Piston Head

But I can't find these on the same websites. I like to order all from one site to maximise discounts and shipping.

Edited by spitfiresim

Im upgrading my M4. Currently I have a POM piston and an ICS 3000 turbo motor, everything else is stock.

I chose many of these items based on recommendations from many forum threads from a bunch of different sites. The other factor in choosing these items is they are all on Evike and generally well liked there. If you think I should swap something out or order from a different site please let me know! I am very open to any recommendations! Thanks!

What seems to be highly acceptable and readily available:

• Prometheus 469mm Stainless Steel 6.03mm Tightbore (RHOP installed by Umbrella Armoury) - $105 Good barrel
  • Guarder Super Lucid Chromium Plated Cylinder - $16 If the stock cylinder has the wrong port placement, this should be a good replacement.
  • Guarder Reinforced High Speed Ball Bearing Aluminum Piston Head - $16 I recommend getting a Plastic piston head instead, it'll make life easier for the GB shell and cylinder.
  • Guarder Stainless Steel Ver.2 Cylinder Head - $25 Guarder is overall good quality, my favorite V2 cylinder head is G&P though.
  • AIM Ver.2 Ball Bearing Steel Spring Guide - $16 I'd get an SHS spring guide instead, cheaper and at least as good.
  • Modify Baton Ryusoku Flat Hop Bucking - Soft (Sub 400FPS) - $15 (Considering black Prometheus bucking at the same price) I'd just get a Lonex 70* and sand of the nub.
  • Matrix CNC High Performance Aluminium Air Seal Nozzle - $10 The Matrix brand has varying quality at best, I'd get a Guarder, Lonex or SHS nozzle instead.

Alternately I have had recommended to me:

• PDI Tightbore
  • Systema Duracon Piston Head

But I can't find these on the same websites. I like to order all from one site to maximise discounts and shipping.

I added my comments in the quote, I also recommend ordering from Clandestine Airsoft or Brill Armory instead, they're the preferred over Evike by experienced techs. I haven't ordered from Clandestine myself, but I have ordered parts from Brill several times and I can highly recommend them.

I added my comments in the quote, I also recommend ordering from Clandestine Airsoft or Brill Armory instead, they're the preferred over Evike by experienced techs. I haven't ordered from Clandestine myself, but I have ordered parts from Brill several times and I can highly recommend them.

Thanks!

You do not need a spring guide bearing and piston head bearing. Heck...you don't need bearings anyways in these areas and is a detriment in building the right FPS.

You should ditch one of the bearings or both of them to maintain consistency.

You do not need a spring guide bearing and piston head bearing. Heck...you don't need bearings anyways in these areas and is a detriment in building the right FPS.

You should ditch one of the bearings or both of them to maintain consistency.

Alright, thanks!