bjonas71

G&G CM16 Raider Upgrades

This is my girlfriend's rifle, She went with G&G because of body weight. Started as a G&G CM16 Raider Long. She has picked out the externals as to what she wants. Still waiting on some to come in and get modified. Already installed is a madbull hop up unit and tight bore barrel with a maple leaf bucking. Came rear wired and I already installed deans connectors the day she got it, sitting in the hotel room since we were out of town for an airsoft event.

Looking into upgrading the internals for better accuracy and range, as well as getting to about 400fps consistently, if in the process a small bump in
rps happens that fine, rps not a huge deal for her, as she normally is semi only. She is a pretty good shot, which scares me sometimes, biggrin.gif. We came to the 400fps mark as most fields around & milsim events are at about 400.

Some other thoughts are, I will probably be going the flat hop route as that looks pretty straight forward to do and seems to provide decent results.
Feed back on this is welcomed as well.

As far as gearbox mods go, Only thing that I would say is off limits for time is the shell.
Alot of the posts about cm16's I have read, are mainly looking for rps upgrades, and while some really good info in those threads, not really what I am looking to do. Budget wise, I don't want cheap parts but not looking to make this projects money heavy also. DIY mods will be done also, waiting to open gb once and do everything then.

Looking at clandenstineairsoft.com, kind of put a list together, any feedback would be welcomed.

SHS M4/V2 Aluminum Cylinder Head
ZCI 3/4 Cylinder Aluminum (Type II)
SHS Aluminum M4 O-ring nozzle (21.50mm)
SHS Ball Bearing Aluminum Piston Head
SHS Nylon Piston with 14.5 Teeth - Same construction as 15T
SHS Aluminum and Stainless Steel V3 Spring Guide
ZCI V2 Aluminum Ball Bearing Spring Guide
SHS 8mm Steel Bushings
SHS Shims - 27 pack

Spring, not sure on which one yet.

Picture included.

post-93745-0-34267900-1479265027_thumb.jpg

Did you change barrel length or is the stock cylinder damaged? If not, then a new cylinder would be a waste of money really. Why have you both a V2 and V3 spring guide in your list? I recommend getting a nylon or POM piston head instead, it'll be more gentle on the cylinder and the gearbox shell. Alu piston heads don't really have any advantages over plastic, unless you're running a ridiculous spring or something. The rest of the list looks good, maybe consider a new motor to get a tad better trigger response?

Thanks for the replies,

Lefse, add the v3 by mistake. Barrel length was 363, down to 300 for the mk18 build.

Guges Mk3, Not the blowback model.

SHS M4/V2 Aluminum Cylinder Head
ZCI 3/4 Cylinder Aluminum (Type II)
SHS Aluminum M4 O-ring nozzle (21.50mm)
SHS Nylon Piston with 14.5 Teeth - Same construction as 15T
ZCI V2 Aluminum Ball Bearing Spring Guide
SHS 8mm Steel Bushings
SHS Shims - 27 pack
ZCI Nylon Bearing Piston Head
ZCI Long Torque Neo Magnet Motor
The spring rate is in question. not sure which way to go with that, is it better to see where all these changes stack up on fps and go from there?

An M120 spring will be fine after it settles.

Since you went with a shorter barrel, so long as you don't have a non-ported cylinder (uncommon in 363mm M4's), you will not need the new cylinder. You should already have a Type II (3/4 port)

Also do not use the bearing on the piston head since you already have one on your spring guide. Running dual bearings is redundant, as well as increases your likelihood of the spring bottoming out and jamming your gun. Use one or the other, not both.

• Upvote 2