Sign in to follow this  
moobicu

Problem with TM Hi-Capa 5.1

Airsoft Model: TM Hi-Capa 5.1

Propane Adaptor: Airsoft Innovations (https://www.amazon.com/Airsoft-Innovations-GunGas-propane-Adaptor/dp/B005WK4D9W)

Issue

Every time I fill the magazine, there is gas escaping from where the propane adaptor meets the magazine. I filled it upside down at a 90 degree and tried pressing it down several times with varying force: light, medium and hard. When I pressed it down lightly for about 30 seconds and attempted to shoot bb's, nothing happened. When I used heavy force for about 2 seconds, I managed to get off about 5 shots with the magazine. Medium force resulted in about 1 or 2 shots.

Only thing I found about this subject was designed so that gas will always escape the magazine because it wasn't designed as a silent fill or something for better fps consistency but not really any solution.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

This is "normal" for TM's. The issue is the US adapter companies copied the wrong valve to fill GG pistols.

You have to get good at filling TM mags due to their larger pins and the fill adapters having smaller holes.

If you cannot master the filling art of a TM. Find small silicone wire insulation. Cut a small 1mm piece and drop it on the fill valve. This will act as a fill seal to prevent the gas from going all over due to misalignment of fill stem and valve.