hi, I recently built a airsoft gun that has a 12:1 gear ratio, a lonex a-2 high torque motor and a upgraded gearbox. My gun requires A LOT of power. For example, the gearbox will not cycle unless I have a 11.1v lipo or greater hooked up. Recently my fuse blew out (going too hard on full auto) I had a 15A fuse and now I need to buy a new one. Since my gun has so much current running through it do you think I should buy a big fuse such as a 35A or 30A?

Thanks, Chris

If your gun can't turn over on a 7.4v, you are using a really crappy battery or did a poor job tuning & installing parts. One of my guns has 10:1 gears, Lonex A2, pulling a M135 spring (short stroked 2 teeth) and it cycled fine on a 7.4v 2650mah 40C lipo. I've cycled a M170 on 14:1 gears and a measly 9.6v battery (couldn't supply more than 30 or so amps) in a customers gun without issue.

A 30 amp fuse should be more than enough. Without knowing your spring rate, I'd venture a guess that 25 amps is probably enough too.

If your gun can't turn over on a 7.4v, you are using a really crappy battery or did a poor job tuning & installing parts. One of my guns has 10:1 gears, Lonex A2, pulling a M135 spring (short stroked 2 teeth) and it cycled fine on a 7.4v 2650mah 40C lipo. I've cycled a M170 on 14:1 gears and a measly 9.6v battery (couldn't supply more than 30 or so amps) in a customers gun without issue.

A 30 amp fuse should be more than enough. Without knowing your spring rate, I'd venture a guess that 25 amps is probably enough too.

I actually didn't assemble my gearbox because I am not very good with airsoft gearboxes and stuff, but my gun is being extremely screwy. I believe I melted my trigger contacts, but I was using a burst wizard and a 30A fuse. So I am pretty confused. Is there any way to make it so that if im using lipo's my gun will not roast its trigger contacts?

The plug & play feature of the Burst Wizard does not protect your trigger contacts. You need to hard wire (meaning solder) the extra wire to the trigger. Without the MOSFET properly installed, you will continue to fry your contacts using an 11.1v lipo.