Charles7777

What upgrades should I get for my A&K Acr Masada?!

This platform is not the easiest to upgrade. The hop-up is rather brittle and if you break that...your options are rather limited and expensive in getting another one that is just as brittle.

For easy range improvement change the hop-up packing and nub inside the brittle hop-up to one made by Maple Leaf and Matching nub.

For better ROF...get a better battery. Not all batteries are the same nor do they give out the same amount of voltage.

At this point would be better off with skill improvements over AEG upgrades.

• Upvote 2

This platform is not the easiest to upgrade. The hop-up is rather brittle and if you break that...your options are rather limited and expensive in getting another one that is just as brittle.

For easy range improvement change the hop-up packing and nub inside the brittle hop-up to one made by Maple Leaf and Matching nub.

For better ROF...get a better battery. Not all batteries are the same nor do they give out the same amount of voltage.

At this point would be better off with skill improvements over AEG upgrades.

There are many hop-up packings and nubs, so how do I know which one is the right one for my gun? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I do not know much about this. Thanks for replying!

There are many hop-up packings and nubs, so how do I know which one is the right one for my gun? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I do not know much about this. Thanks for replying!

Exactly...you will need to experiment and find out what is good for you.

Being that this is real life and not a video game with clear upgrade paths.

What you install varies on what you need and shoot.

Shoot a lot...get a harder packing

Shoot High Polish BBs...get a softer packing

Shooting a heavy bb....get a soft packing.

Shoot a coarse bb...get a harder packing

etc...

I personally have a 400fps .20g AEG.

I run .28g Azimuth and personally chose to use a soft packing - Maple Leaf 60 degree and matching nub from ML.

I get 90 Yard range and can score consistent head shots with it.

However, being that it is a softer packing, I begin to wear out the material and need to replace it every 60,000 rounds or give or take 10,000 rounds.

The wii tech hopup chamber kit is worth getting. It consists of the hop chamber, air nozzle, loading plate. I had my a&k Masada shooting at 33rps/330fps well until I opened it up to swap a gear from ss3 teeth to ss2 teeth. Popped in a stronger spring now shooting ~395fps but I've gained a feeding issue so I'm only getting ~20 rps :-/ (still cycling at the 33rps)

The wii tech hopup chamber kit is worth getting. It consists of the hop chamber, air nozzle, loading plate. I had my a&k Masada shooting at 33rps/330fps well until I opened it up to swap a gear from ss3 teeth to ss2 teeth. Popped in a stronger spring now shooting ~395fps but I've gained a feeding issue so I'm only getting ~20 rps :-/ (still cycling at the 33rps)