Sign in to follow this  
Gistusting

My top 3 choices... advice?

1. ICS l85a2

2. H&K G36c

3. AUG (idk what brand but like the look of them)

All are AEGs. I'm just trying to get some experienced peoples input on which of the three you'd recommend for me. I've done some research and know the basics of each gun listed. I'm just looking for some personal advice from those that have used them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

L85- I haven't owned one of these. People tend to love them or hate them. The ICS ones seem mechanically reliable, and the exteriors are really nice. A couple people I've played with have the L86 and love it. Slightly different ergonomics, but the same manufacturer and internals. The up side with the L85 series is that unlike the other ones on your list, you'll have no trouble finding mags and mag pouches. They use the same STANAG style mags as M-4's and M-16's. The downside is, the ergonomics are not the greatest as far as your fire selector. It's also a bullpup (Magazine behind the grip) so reloading will take some practice to get fast at.

G-36- I have no experience with any G-36 variants other than picking them up in stores and taking some shots with the ones some people brought to the field. The ergonomics are good. The fire selector is in a good location. Mags change fairly easily. The problem is there are less options for brands of mag and they are thicker than STANAG magazines which means you may have trouble fitting them into some pouches. Or, if you can fit them, you'll be able to carry less.

AUG- I have had one of these, and I regret having sold it. That said, I won't be picking up another one any time soon. The AUG is extremely comfortable and very easy to point on target. If you are getting an A1 of A2 style, they are very light up front and quite pointable. They do have two major flaws. The first is a combination of bullpup reloads and proprietary mags. There just aren't that many options for AUG mags. If you're going for hicaps that's no problem. But I like mids. There are options out there, but not many and they're pricey compared to STANAG mags. The other big problem is the trigger. The trigger on the AUG is your semi/ full selection. Halfway back for semi, all the way back to rock and roll. I did not find this conducive to rapid follow up shots in semi, which is what I tend to be in most of the time. If you like short bursts of full auto- that's no problem for you. But it does limit your utility in CQB situations where full auto is usually not permitted. Oh- and the folding vertical grip on them is a joke. I removed it from mine and just put my other hand on the front of the trigger guard.

I'll tell you the G36 has the most reliable gearbox out of those you picked, the L85 will probably fall apart from what ive heard and seen and I don't know anything about the AUG. ever looked into cyma aks? I know guges has a better option but you seriously need to consider something other than a gun from CS:GO lol