Sign in to follow this  
GarbageOutside

Tokyo Marui from Amazon-Japan: Should I buy?

So a while ago, I was looking online for some Tokyo Marui spring pistols after hearing about how great they were from numerous reviews. Just by looking at them, they beat all the spring pistols I ever laid eyes on aesthetically. I needed some spring pistols anyway since they are great to shoot in the backyard or even indoors.

Most of the models I wanted were sold out on most websites including RedWolf and EHobbyAsia (which can't even ship to my address anyway). So I was looking around Amazon and I found some models I liked, and I found way more on Amazon-Japan. Not only were they there for sale, but also they were super cheap! Only 2,000 Yen or about $20!! Amazon-Japan normally doesn't ship to America, but for the TM spring pistols I found, I managed to find a seller that can ship them to the US.

Except for the $60+ shipping fee I have to pay and the month long shipping time, only one question remains: Is it possible? Can these guns ship to the states successfully without getting seized? Is it worth buying these or should I look somewhere else? I would appreciate your responses.

Anything is possible if you pay the cost.

Of which you just got a picture...60.00 shipping.

However, Amazon-JP may not send it to you based on if the item is in control of Amazon or in the hands of a market vendor using their site.. You will need the services of freight forwarder if it's the latter.

If you want a springer that is the same quality of a TM without TM prices but are in the US already. Look at UHC units and KWC units.

Anything is possible if you pay the cost.

Of which you just got a picture...60.00 shipping.

However, Amazon-JP may not send it to you based on if the item is in control of Amazon or in the hands of a market vendor using their site.. You will need the services of freight forwarder if it's the latter.

If you want a springer that is the same quality of a TM without TM prices but are in the US already. Look at UHC units and KWC units.

Really sorry for the late reply. Was super busy in the winter.

The UHC and KWC spring pistols look really nice. Might plan to buy those someday.

What do freight forwarders do? I looked it up, and I really couldn't find anything. Most marui guns on Amazon are sold by sellers than Amazon itself.

Freight Forwarders are the "people" that get you your goods from point A to point B in the event of any hurdles.

If you can afford a Springer from Japan.

You should just get a good gas pistol that is already sold in the US. You will pay the same price.

Check out Samurai Buyer for assistance if you really need to get it from Japan.

Or WGCSHOP will send it to you direct from Hong Kong.

http://www.wgcshop.com/content_page.php?search=category&rs=Spring%20Pistols&catid=7&cat=655

Edited by Guges Mk3

Freight Forwarders are the "people" that get you your goods from point A to point B in the event of any hurdles.

If you can afford a Springer from Japan.

You should just get a good gas pistol that is already sold in the US. You will pay the same price.

Check out Samurai Buyer for assistance if you really need to get it from Japan.

Or WGCSHOP will send it to you direct from Hong Kong.

http://www.wgcshop.com/content_page.php?search=category&rs=Spring%20Pistols&catid=7&cat=655

Thanks so much. I will consider what you said

If the vendor on Amazon.co.jp says that it can ship abroad, then they should be able to do so. If something fouls up, you can contact Amazon Japan, and they will do their best to help you. My recommendation, however, is to use an established vendor such as Echigoya (echigoya-guns.com) who is set up to ship abroad as a rule, and not exceptions.

By the way, Echigoya is probably the biggest seller of TM products in Japan, and is generally known to have the lowest prices for TM as well. They are a highly reputable vendor on top of all that.

Amazon Japan will not Help a US buyer if the item is not something they are selling directly.

American Consumerism does not apply.

I buy from Amazon Japan every week, sometimes multiple times in a week (bought 72 times from them in 2016 and 16 already this year), and they have been most helpful to me an American-based consumer. You can contact them in the same manner as Amazon here, e.g., live chat or e-mail, and they help you whether it is something they sell from their own warehouses or marketplace vendors. And the marketplace vendors on Amazon Japan are even more afraid of negative feedback than those on Amazon US because in Japan customer service is taken extremely seriously.

Amazon Japan does not care where you are (their marketplace guarantee called A-to-Z has no territorial exclusion). If the vendor says they can sell to you abroad, they have given the word to you and Amazon Japan, which has so much leverage in the Japanese commerce that it is almost ludicrous.

What Amazon Japan cannot help you with is stuff like customs, taxes and duties, and other legal mumbo-jumbo. But if the vendor rips you off otherwise, Amazon Japan absolutely chews the vendor up on your behalf. And much more importantly, you get your money back if you meet the terms of the protection program.

Edited by jacksan121