to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
mrpenguin

Polastar questions

I am looking to make an M4/M16 DMR

I am a bit confused when it comes to the differences between the F1 and the Jack.

I do understand that the F1 works different than the Jack and the the F1 is the better of the two but my question is about compatibility with different guns.

I also understand that there are different nozzles that you can replace for different guns.

Are there different versions of these two for different gearboxes ? Can I buy lets say a jack for my M4 v2 gearbox and then replace the nozzle to make it work on a version 3 gearbox for a G36 ? or do I need to buy a new unit made specifically for a version 3 gearbox?

Same question about the F1 ....

For instance here... what is the difference between the Polarstar that says M249, the one that says AK and the one that says M4 ??

Is it just the nozzle that is different ? or are there more differences which would make them not compatible with other guns ?

Also, are there two different Polarstar F1 's on the market ?

Some websites states its a Polarstar F1 V2 and others don't mention the V2

I am trying to figure out if I should buy the F1 or the Jack.

I don't think I really NEED the F1 since I am planning to use this in a DMR and lock it for Semi only.... but I would like to know which one is better if I decide to buy a new gun (whatever it may be) and then move the Polerstar to that gun.

Edited by mrpenguin

Thank you!!

I got the compatibility all worked out, they are bith the same although the F1 can fit in a few more guns but I don't think I will ever own one of those guns.

OK, next question! What makes one a clear winner over the other one ?

I am leaning towards the Jack because I don't need to worry about the different color nozzles to adjust FPS and also the jack is a little bit cheaper and easier to come by for me here in Canada.

Should I get the F1 over the Jack or is the differences so marginal that it don't really matter ?