Sign in to follow this  
Justin Chan

AEG Balistic Consisteny Problems

Hi ASF. I am building a DMR project and I noticed a weird thing. My shots are just flying in a strange way.

I had Flat hopped my gun and the bbs starting to have a strange grouping on almost 20 meters. The Vertical grouping is fine, but the bbs would curve to the left for 5 shots. then It starts to curve left. after some 20 shots it starts to resume to a consistent grouping. I didn't change the Hopup Unit nor mod it cuz The CA Metal Rotary hopup of mine has been built so well (Which is a rare case In Hong Kong LOL) that there is little to no gap between the arm and the unit, and the arm isn't going anywhere. the FPS change is so small that the chrono didn't record the change half the time. Can you guys help?

Did you clean the barrel with a solvent?

I must say you need to look at the big picture (I say this a lot for a reason).

While the arm may be consistent with the hole. It may not be ideal for you.

There was a batch of CA's that had bad Hop-up Channels on their barrel. It was canted to the left and thus it hooked shots to the left. Do you have a CA Outer Barrel?

Also while while the arm and cut may be perfect (to you) it may have other defects. Have you just tried another hop-up as a test to eliminate the possibility that it is your hop-up?

thanks for the input. I am currently in the process of asthetic modifications that is going to change the outer barrel to the BD aluminum 9 inch barrel and a new silencer. Also not that the pin holding the arm as the pivot point is slightly bent (but I installed it so it does not bend in the vertical direction).

So I went ahead and installed a Miracle Barrel as My friends recommend and did some barrel stabilisation, and this is the grouping I achieve in 7 meters(we have no space lol)

It's a 2 inch by 1 inch grouping, And I have no Idea why the vertical inconsistency is so big compared to the horizontal inconsistency.

Please help

I am using .3s with the Modify ryosoku flat hop set (Black bucking) at 1.32j(378 with 0.2). I will take the hopup pic this Friday

also, a pic of the grouping。

thxs

post-92820-0-90955500-1484804337_thumb.jpg