to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
jackharrel

Bruce’s teachings in Longstreet

In the story, Bruce also teaches Longstreet to listen to what is going on around him, not just to move for the sake of moving but to relate it to what is going on. Li asks Longstreet if he can hear the bird that has been singing quietly in the background throughout their conversation. Because Longstreet is blind, Li cannot get him to become more aware of his peripheral sight, but he can get him to expand his overall awareness through listening more attentively. In writing Longstreet, Silliphant based the blind detective’s lessons with Li on his own experiences, explaining, ‘The first thing Bruce did with me was to concentrate on body movement and understanding the relationship between you and your opponent. At first, Bruce blindfolded me and made me move in conjunction with what I felt his movements might be, on all sides. We practised that for weeks before we began anything specific.’

Source: http://gowingchun.com/bruces-teachings-in-longstreet.html