I have a brand new G&G SRXL which I immediately shimmed perfectly and installed a deans plug on. However now the only problem with it is the stock is loose and as I tighten the screw the gearbox locks up due to the spring guide, I don't like how loose it is with the current screw. What would fix this problem? I'v tried washers on the screw but still ended up to only lock the gearbox and I'v also tried shimming the buffer tube to the gun to only lock it up again. (when I say locked up I mean my Matrix 3000 High torque motor and 9.6v NIMH battery cannot cycle the gearbox, but when I loosen it it fully cycles again) Would a ball barring spring guide/piston head fix this? please help.

I could only amuse it does, if I were to tighten it half a turn or so (from a looser position where the gearbox fully works) the gearbox will lock up and the motor cannot cycle the gearbox though I can audibly hear the motor attempting to cycle it on semi and full auto.'

Other wise I'm not sure how to tell if the spring guide could get less strait when the screw is fully tightened or how I could fix that.

Edited by Veriasn

I guess you could check the spring guide for abnormal wear, for example if it's definitely more worn on one side. That would point towards it not being straight. That's the only logical explanation really, unless the gearbox isn't seated correctly in the receiver and it's pulled off angle relative to the motor when you tighten the screw. Does the pinion gear look abnormally worn? Maybe you could film a short video clip of what happens, it would make it easier to diagnose the issue.

The motor and gun itself are brand new, in fact I got them last Thursday. Also I'll be uploading videos of the gun shooting normally with a looser buffer tube screw tension and with a tighter buffer tube screw tension (locked up gear box)

Normal shooting, loose buffer tube: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7AkzqcG7FGidnpBMTFUS0l3Z00/view?usp=sharing

Locked gearbox, tight buffer tube: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7AkzqcG7FGiN19YeGg2MGxPYUk/view?usp=sharing

Edited by airborne101

The mosfet light codes: Indicator light on the MOSFET will flash twice in every 5 seconds when sector gear is in incorrect position. Check Indicator light first before opening up the gearbox when the gun is firing more than one BBs in semi-auto mode or motor stops running.

Also, there should not be any unusual wear on the spring guide for it is fairly brand new.

Very puzzling indeed! I would sure like to know what causes this. locprecision.

As would I Edited by Veriasn

Check that the spring guide is correctly assembled into the gearbox shell, and that the gearbox is seating correctly at the rear of the receiver. The only other thing I can think of is that the gearbox is over shimmed and as you tighten the buffer tube screw and pull everything tight into the back of the receiver the two halves of the gearbox shell are clamping the gears etc.

And have you checked the motor height? As you pull the rear of the gearbox up to the back of the receiver with the buffer tube screw it changes the alignment of the pistol grip to the receiver. If the grip is hitting the receiver it can misalign the motor. Take the grip and motor off, then do up the buffer tube screw and check if the gearbox is moving freely. Then one everything else is tightened push the grip onto the gearbox. It shouldn't touch the receiver, close but not touching. It should only contact the gearbox.

And have you checked the motor height? As you pull the rear of the gearbox up to the back of the receiver with the buffer tube screw it changes the alignment of the pistol grip to the receiver. If the grip is hitting the receiver it can misalign the motor. Take the grip and motor off, then do up the buffer tube screw and check if the gearbox is moving freely. Then one everything else is tightened push the grip onto the gearbox. It shouldn't touch the receiver, close but not touching. It should only contact the gearbox.

The pistol grip is definitely correctly aligned and does not touch the receiver when the buffer screw is tightened. As for the motor height, that has also been correctly aligned. I will be disassembling the gearbox today and checking the spring guide's alignment. The shimming, however, I have checked and it is not tight, when the gearbox is full screwed in the gear spin freely. Also as I just found out, With the buffer screw tightly fastened, motor grip and motor off, I can manually turn the bevel gear about 1/4 turn before it getting stuck and I am unable to turn it- very strange :/

Edited by Veriasn

I have now opened the gearbox! I may have found the problem, the spring is bent somehow. However the spring guide is completely fine. Is this the problem? If so how can I fix this? I do have a spare spring but its not as powerful as this one, should I just get a new one or is there a way to fix this? or is it even the problem?

Here are the pictures of my gearbox: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7AkzqcG7FGiM2dxR0dUcFVVUk0